[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck is this PG?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 20
File: image.jpg (113 KB, 612x792) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113 KB, 612x792
How the fuck is this PG?
>>
>>67824957
It's based on the South African rating system. Rape in movies is ok there as long as less than 4 people are involved
>>
>>67824957
>How was combat Army Dog
>Ruff
>>
>that fucking scene where Army Dog returns with the private's dogtag between his teeth
fuck
>>
>>67824957
Plinkett review when?
>>
Probably jokes about carpet bombing cats.
>>
>american military
>T-90 in the background

NO
>>
>>67825245
>He hasn't seen it
m8 the scene where Army Dog sits on the hatch to keep it closed as the Russians inside burn to death is one of the best in the movie and it's completely understandable they'd use it in the poster
>>
SOME DOGS ARE BORN MADE TO WAG THE TAIL
>>
Why is it always golden retrievers? I have one and she's really sweet but she only killed twenty hajis overseas and played in three basketball games. She loves chicken!
>>
>that 20-minute rape/orgy with the gook puppies

A bit too far
>>
File: images.jpg (5 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5 KB, 259x194
>mfw they got to the rectal feeding scene
>>
File: scared.png (129 KB, 400x330) Image search: [Google]
scared.png
129 KB, 400x330
>that part where Army Dog made that woman eat her own baby
>>
>>67824957

Because of the rape scene
>>
>>67825583
>Army Dog mows down that gook family and intentionally roasts a kid alive
it's like poetry
>>
File: fuck.jpg (92 KB, 875x771) Image search: [Google]
fuck.jpg
92 KB, 875x771
>That scene when Fido shoots the trainer and himself at bootcamp
>>
Daddy Daughter fuck film
>>
This meme is so bizarre but it's hilarious.
>>
>>67824957
>that moment where the dog makes Grace take the knot
the rape scene was a little over the top desu
>>
File: 23655_1_large.jpg (127 KB, 540x800) Image search: [Google]
23655_1_large.jpg
127 KB, 540x800
thinking of picking this one up on blur ray to add to my dog movie collection
>>
"Oh Jesus, Army Dog, they're burning alive!"
>"Holy fuck, there are children down there!"
>"NO, Army Dog! That's a BAD ARMY DOG! BAD!"

Fuck me, I wasn't prepared for that scene.
>>
>>67824957

The whole "scorched earth" part of the film really ruined it for me. I know that the dog was angry after his trainer got killed and everything, but the napalming of the school was just too much.
>>
>Army Dog, no! White phosphorous isn't approved for use by the U.S military please Army Dog you need to stop! NOOOOOOOOOO
>Do you understand what you've done, Army Dog? Those people will die in absolute agony, they'll know hell before they actually get there....it's going to be ruff.
>>
>>67826389
God, that and the disemboweling scene. Props to the makeup and effects team, that scene was gruesome.

Atleast, I think there was an effects team for the movie, right?
>>
>>67826315
It's a shit American remake of the European kinographic motion picture, Futbol Dog.

Let me assure you the climatic, bloody stadium riot after Futbol dog Dies is not in the pussy american version
>>
>>67826450
What? That part was essential to the character development of Army Dog.
>>
>that scene where Army Dog's trainer has the squad go into the village and kill everyone they find
Goddamn, that fuckinng scene was brutal as hell, especially when the trainer lined up all the kids and shot them. And how Army Dog was forced to kill that one gook guy that found?
>>
File: 8826.png (46 KB, 400x323) Image search: [Google]
8826.png
46 KB, 400x323
>>
File: 6BR2bEC.jpg (6 KB, 250x164) Image search: [Google]
6BR2bEC.jpg
6 KB, 250x164
>>67824957
>watching dog movie
>it ain't me starts playing
>>
>>67826450

Horseshit. I was with Army Dog all the way after he found the raped and mutilated body of that friendly aid-worker who rubbed his belly and played fetch with him. War is hell and you have to be willing to make hard choices.
>>
File: dLfPsSw.png (346 KB, 786x438) Image search: [Google]
dLfPsSw.png
346 KB, 786x438
>>67824957
>that scene where the doge tears that man's balls and eats it afterwards

that shit was fucked up
>>
>le pretend thing happened in movie where it didnt
fix this fucking door! ahaha
>>
>>67826834
>is on /tv/
>expects no memes
>>
File: 1405890449975.gif (469 KB, 480x228) Image search: [Google]
1405890449975.gif
469 KB, 480x228
>>67825050
This shouldn't have got me as much as it did.
>>
>That part when Army Dog and his squad are lost in the jungle with those gook kids they keep torturing for kicks, eventually getting so hungry they eat them alive in a delusional, almost-frenzied state
I threw up watching that, it seemed so... real...
How the fuck has this film not been banned?
>>
>>67826630
Oh, you don't know how wrong you are. I think I need a drink.
>>
>>67826834
I sincerely doubt you've seen the movie so just shut the fuck up and let people who have continue their honest discussion about it.
>>
>>67826833
Not as fucked up when they play fetch with a baby's head.
>>
>>67826719
Give it a couple of more weeks until it hits their front page.
>>
>>67824957
It's really screwed up seeing all three characters on the cover like that, all happy and smiling knowing full well what she and army dog did behind the other guy's back. I heard army dog actually blew his load on her face off screen and that was real jiz. Fucking gross but for the sake of authenticity it was absolutely necessary.
>>
>>67824957
Its PG because of the scene where Army Dog's grandfather suffers PTSD from seeing North Koreans executing dogs and eating them.
>>
What do you think of the rumors that Caspar and Grace weren't acting during the scene where the insurgents force them to fuck?
>>
>The roasted baby on a spit scene
Now I know where the Road got its... inspiration from.
>>
>the scene where Army Dog is in the middle of a middle eastern civil war
>He still has time to quip
>>
>>67827095
Humour is an essential part of being, it's what helps us cope in difficult situations. Army Dog, despite everything, is still human inside.
>>
It's vital that we educate our wife's sons about the horrors of war. Adding a dog to soften the blow helps with that. Hence, PG.
>>
File: confused.jpg (12 KB, 319x244) Image search: [Google]
confused.jpg
12 KB, 319x244
>the scene when Army Dog killed those babies and ate their legs and arms
Jesus, i wasn't expecting that
>>
>>67827118
I don't know man, I find it hard to believe he has any humanity left after raping those two little girls.
>>
Honestly why couldn't he just have been a dog who enlists in the army? When he ambushes the real Private Connor at night, mauls him and buries him in the back it just reminds you that dogs really shouldn't be in the military. I rented it for a 4 and 6-year old to watch and I really don't think it was appropriate. The "Hey Connor, just cause they're called DOG tags doesn't mean you gotta try and bury 'em!" line when a guy sees the dirt on the stolen tags went over pretty well with the kids, though.
>>
File: 1000 yard stare.jpg (52 KB, 270x187) Image search: [Google]
1000 yard stare.jpg
52 KB, 270x187
>that scene where army dog's squad gunned down a Vietnamese family over a misunderstanding because everyone was stressed out
Man that scene left me feeling awful. Really powerful cinematography
>>
>"It's all right, Army Dog. One of us has to go on. I haven't got much time left anyway. You ... you can eat me. I just have one request ... give 'em hell."
>>
>>67827170
To me the whole movie is about redemption, how anyone, no matter how monstrous, can be redeemed, we don't have to forgive them, sometimes that's impossible for us mere mortals, but everyone can be redeemed. It's what gives us hope, that we're not all monsters really, just broken in our own ways. Some of us, far more damaged than others. Army Dog went through hell, stared into the abyss, and it stared back, it wasn't really him who did those things, just a husk of a being... But he was brought back into the light. He is himself now. Army Dog has been redeemed, or at least I believe so.
>>
>>67826630
>>67826922
>In Feburary 2016, during the film's theatrical run in France, the magazine Photo suggested that certain deaths depicted in the film were real, which would have made Army Dog a snuff film. Following the publication of the Photo article, the charges against Ezra Kemp were amended to include murder. The courts believed that the actors who portrayed the vietnamese children featured in the impalement scene were killed for the camera.
>To prove his innocence, Kemp had Casper Van Dien get in contact with the other three actors, and the four of them were interviewed for an French television show.
>>
File: Army Dog 2.jpg (75 KB, 697x381) Image search: [Google]
Army Dog 2.jpg
75 KB, 697x381
This scene was by far one of the most harrowing ones in cinema.
>>
>When they tortured Army Dog with that vacuum cleaner.

I gotta admit, I almost cried at that scene. Those flashbacks, man...
>>
File: tumblr_m9fs1fq7P11qh3et7.jpg (32 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m9fs1fq7P11qh3et7.jpg
32 KB, 413x395
>>67827170

>actually thinks you can rape prostitutes
>>
File: 1373778687278.jpg (287 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
1373778687278.jpg
287 KB, 1280x800
>Army Dog is carrying his Medal of Honor in his mouth and drops it on the grave of 18 year-old Pvt. Jackson

Fuck dude.
>>
>>67827216
Yeah, I liked the close-ups of army dog's face. His acting was really superb in that scene, you could see that even he, the battle-hardened dog warrior, was uncertain about slaughtering defenseless children.
>>
>>67827291
kek
>>
>that scene where army dog killed those child soldiers and told his second in command he is already a hell hound.
>>
>>67827324

Clint Eastwood did it.
>>
> actually read the memoir
> turns out the few scenes where Army Dog shows mercy never happened
>>
File: just 3.jpg (5 KB, 268x188) Image search: [Google]
just 3.jpg
5 KB, 268x188
>>67824957

>dog squad has the night off and goes AWOL fucking some thai lady bois
>who let the dogs out starts playing
>>
File: 1340404524657.jpg (88 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1340404524657.jpg
88 KB, 500x667
>>67827052
>murrifats are shocked by people eating dogs
>>
>>67827255
BRAVO SNYDER
>>
>>67827455
They couldn't show everything that really happened. You think the film was the most horrifying thing of all time? Jesus Christ it's like a fucking kid's show compared to what actually happened. Army Dog... He was one of the most cruel, vicious, violent, psychopathic, sadistic, torturous, monstrous beings who has ever lived. You thought so too? Just from the film? HE'S A GOD DAMN ANGEL IN THE FILM! That scene where he ate that kid alive in front of its parents? That wasn't a one-off. He did it a dozen times!
>>
>>67827397
I really liked the scene where army dog snuck into that enemy compound to rescue Katz. When he found him strung up and all beaten it was gut wrenching. That heart to heart discussion on the helicopter ride back to base was really powerful.
>>
The book was way better
>>
File: Anti-dog.jpg (57 KB, 600x503) Image search: [Google]
Anti-dog.jpg
57 KB, 600x503
>That scene when Army Dog comes back to protesters insulting him, threatening him, spitting on him
All he wanted was to serve his country and people, and this was what he got? Those people made me sick, the final scene where he drinks a bottle of Jack before putting his service-issue 1911 into his mouth, pulling the trigger, cut to black... That'll stay with me for the rest of my days.
>>
it was beautifully shot but the scene where Army Dog's squad take psychedelics before fucking and killing their way through a village was difficult to explain to my wife's 6-year-old son
>>
I think I'm the only one that appreciates the command performance from Baxter. Intel Pup provided the perfect foil to jaded Army Dog . Their barking match after Army Dog comes back from the village massacre is one of the best scenes in the movie. I wouldn't mind a sequel or prequel fleshing out Pup's character a bit more.
>>
>>67827687
YOU LET YOUR WIFE'S SON WATCH THIS FILM?!
What the FUCK were you thinking? Jesus God damn Christ. This movie fucked my up horribly and I'm a fully-grown, mature man, he's just a kid. What were you thinking showing him a movie where kids his age were tortured, raped and killed by Army Dog and his squad?!
>>
>It's over, boy. It's over!
>RUFFING IS ROVER!! RUFFING!!!
That part gave me chills
>>
>>67827687
>that scene when Army Dog comes out of his drug induced stupor to find that he wasn't giving candy to the children, but raping and shooting them
>that scene where Army Dog almost kills himself before his position is zeroed in by Willy Pete and the entirety of his squad is cooked alive
>that scene where Army Dog finds out that Lt. Baker wasn't actually tripping when they went into the village and knew exactly what he was ordering his men to do
and to think I almost didn't go because of the no singles policy
>>
>>67827739
It'd be a short film; I doubt Army Dog would let Pup live for long after such a public disagreement. Army Dog would think that Pup had made him look weak in front of the other men.
>>
>that scene where Army Dog and Rex arrive at the old village and Fido is being hanged by angry villagers because they burned innocents with White Phosphorus
Shit, that hit me, specially Rex screaming at Army Dog to give him orders to shoot the villagers while they throw stones at them.
>>
>Not all dogs go to heaven
probably the best line from the movie. The line delivery was perfect
>>
>>67827258
>implying gook kids aren't a dime a dozen
Those kids are rotting in some ditch at best, and they just pulled whoever looked like them out of the sweatshops and used them for the interview.
>>
>that Russian Roulette scene
Wow
>>
>>67827901
Spec Ops: The Line

Good story
>>
>That scene where Army Dog is holding his best friend and his guts in his hands and his friend says to him
>"Come on Army Dog, you gotta make it through this war, do it for the kids Army Dog... Do it for your wife's kids
>>
File: O_o.png (238 KB, 448x530) Image search: [Google]
O_o.png
238 KB, 448x530
What was the point of "THAT" scene in the bunker with Army Dog, the Vietcong commander, and the teen prostitute.
Seemed a bit gratuitous and didn't further the plot.
>>
>>67828169
It was to show that while Army Dog had been so indoctrinated to finish the mission (disembowel the officer), he still had become a monster who was primarily motivated by barbarity (raping then torturing the prostitute)
>>
File: Picture 15.png (5 KB, 117x65) Image search: [Google]
Picture 15.png
5 KB, 117x65
>>67824957
>>
>>67828256
>>>/capeshit/
>>
>>67828169

Every time "Sugar Sugar" comes on the radio I think of that scene.
>>
File: would you like to know more.jpg (86 KB, 640x512) Image search: [Google]
would you like to know more.jpg
86 KB, 640x512
>>67824957
>casper van dien is in this type of shit now
it hurts a little
>>
>>67829207
>I'm from Buenos Aires and I say "GIVE ME A JOB!"
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.