[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so deep that it went over everyones head
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 266x190) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 266x190
In the final act of The Dark Knight Two-Face goes on a killing spree, deciding whether or not to kill his targets based on the flip of a coin. However, it wasn't until recently that I noticed how the outcome of the coin flips follows a pattern of live/die/live/die until the final scene:
>Heads - The Joker is spared in the hospital.
>Tails - Wuertz is killed in the bar.
>Heads - Sal Maroni is spared.
>Tails - Maroni's driver is killed.
>Heads - Ramirez is spared after Two-Face forces her to call Gordon's family.
>Tails - Batman is shot.
>Heads - Two-Face doesn't kill himself.
Now, based on the sequence so far, we should assume that the next outcome would, of course, be tails - this would result in the death of Gordon's son. This is what we're anticipating based on that haunting orchestral score as the finale of the film descends into tragedy. It's only when Batman intervenes, stopping Harvey and saving Gordon's son, that the coin flip shows heads for a second time in a row, breaking the chain and ending the nightmare.
>>
Didn't Gordon's son turn into a psychopathic murderer though?
>>
>>67820646
Yes but the coin hits the floor, which gave it more time to spin. Had Dent caught it it could have been a different outcome.

Go rub your chin about that, faggot.
>>
>>67820646
BRAVO NOLAN
>>
>>67820737
Gordon's son becomes Batman?
>>
>>67820646
If it's in fact following a head-tail-head-tail pattern it is subtly implying that Two-Faces' skewed moral code and so-called blind justice is flawed.
>According to the Joker, chaos is fair
But apparently Dent's method of implementing chaos isn't truly chaotic.

Fuck everyone, keep doing this OP. At least BvS has incited people into thinking more about movies.
>>
>>67820646
saw this exact post on reddit earlier
>>
>>67820646
Hi /reddit/
>>
>>67820745
The coin is supposed to have been tails (killing the son). Its only because batman intervened to save the kid that the coin fell on the ground as heads (the boy lives)
>>
>>67820745
This.

>>67820646
>It's only when Batman intervenes

On a purely film-making level this part was stupid. Batman is in full gear, meaning every step he takes on the wood floor of that building should be heard for 20 feet in any direction. You're gonna tell me Dent didn't notice out of the corner of his eye, his little microscopic hairs in his ear didn't detect Batman getting up off the floor, which alone would make noise, and running towards him? What a bunch of shit.
>>
>>67820646
>implying that the heads-tails-heads-tails thing isn't lazy writing from people who don't know a good way to portray probability with tension so just do the obvious 'every other flip'
>bravo nolan you glorious hack
>>
>>67820745
blackkidlookingsmugwhileotherscheer.JPEG
>>
>>67820646

Nolan knows how to Kino unlike the hack fraud.
>>
>>67820793
Nah, should turn up in Suicide Squad if they're doing it right.
>>
File: none-more-black-coffee-mug.png (235 KB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
none-more-black-coffee-mug.png
235 KB, 500x275
>>
>4cucks don't realise r/tv is a second rate reddit mirror
kek
>>
>>67820845
yes, BvS was such a masterpiece, it changed people's lives
>>
>>67821542
Because we don't browse leddit
>>
I don't get all this reddit shit

Was this posted on reddit or something?
>>
>tfw Two-Face didn't get a fight scene

Just two minutes of him going berserk on Batman would have been nice.
>>
>>67822786
https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/4d67m7/the_outcome_of_twofaces_coin_flips_in_the_dark/
>>
What troubles me more than the fact that OP is reddit is the fact that so many other people are also reddit and noticed.

Fuck this board. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person that's never been on that fucking website.
>>
>>67824069
why are you mad about it though? and if you've never been to it, how do you know how it really is?
(in before Reddit get out, I don't use it or have an account but I've looked around on there a few times before, and almost nothing lives up to its stereotypes anyway, especially not something as big as Reddit)
>>
>>67820646
>>67820745
>>67820845
great stuff, never noticed any of that
>>
>>67823888
See, I didn't realize that, because I don't browse that shithole
>>
>>67820646
>>67823888
>literal plebbit reposting
>you can't even report it because mods won't delete it, and what's more, they'll ban you for not liking reddit
it's like we're living in a nightmare version of reality
>>
>>67820646
Goddamn that design is laughable.

What was their reason for going so over the top? I thought the TDK trilogy was supposed to aim for realism?
>>
Hey I'm half asleep and I was thinking about something and all I remember is "on a level beyond our material one". What was I thinking about /tv/? Joker's musing on chaos being fair? At what price?
>>
>>67824358
Supposedly, they tried a much more realistic version, but found it looked too distractingly disturbing.
>>
>>67824069
I actually don't even know how that site works. I've only ever been on 4chan.
>>
File: ralph.jpg (5 KB, 200x176) Image search: [Google]
ralph.jpg
5 KB, 200x176
>>67820745
also you grab a coin and turn it over one more time to place it on your other hand so it would have been tails when he turned it over in his hand
>>
>>67820646
>Wuertz

that's like THE shithead name
>>
>>67820877
Yeah you would.. fucking redditor...
>>
>>67820972
You seem to forget that Batman is the world"s greatest ninja/detective/scientist/inventor/martial artist/escape artist/tactician.
>>
File: 1439924536742.png (108 KB, 858x890) Image search: [Google]
1439924536742.png
108 KB, 858x890
>>67823888
trips don't lie, saw this thread earlier cause I use reddit too. Op is just attention whore looking for the most (You)'s instead of upboats.
>>
File: 1407664459720.jpg (35 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
1407664459720.jpg
35 KB, 396x385
>>67820646
FUCK OFF REDDIT FUCK OFF REDDIT FUCK OFF REDDIT

https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/4d67m7/the_outcome_of_twofaces_coin_flips_in_the_dark/
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.