[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could it kill WB?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
Could it kill WB?
>>
Box Office Mojo claims a production budget of 250 Million, and a current domestic gross of just under 460 million.

It made money, so no.
>>
>>67817424

You have no idea how wrong you are.
>>
>>67817424
>I don't know how the box office works
>>
>>67817424
What's it like being 14?
>>
>>67817424
>he doesn't understand the difference between gross and profit
>>
>all these marvelcucks itt

Domestic gross is mostly net income for studios, the theaters almost don't make money out of the tickets
>>
>>67817424
BOX claims domestic gross of $261M with International BO at $420M.
>>
File: 1.jpg (227 KB, 1680x1680) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
227 KB, 1680x1680
It made $700 million in one week
>>
>>67817424
>movie theaters project the movie for free
they take 50% son and in foreign countries they take even more
>>
>>67817724
Whats going on here?
>>
File: 1.jpg (378 KB, 1680x1680) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
378 KB, 1680x1680
>>67817724
>>
>>67817724
Worldwide and for being a fucking movie about Batman vs Superman and jusice league shit thats still underperforming
>>
>>67817724

Based Snyder, danks for capekino bro
>>
>>Heading into the weekend, it appeared Batman v Superman was looking at a drop anywhere from 58-68% and it ended up settling in on the wrong side of those expectations. The film's estimated $52.3 million signifies a 68.4% drop (62.1% if you take into consideration its $27.7 million in Thursday previews last week). This is the fifth largest drop of all-time for a film opening over $100 million, topped only by Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2's 72% drop and a trio of Twilight films dropping 69-70%.

>>In fact, the film's second weekend plummet is on par with last year's Fantastic Four, which dropped 68.2% in its second weekend, ultimately delivering a multiplier of 2.18. That said, Fantastic Four received an even worse reception than Batman v Superman, receiving only a "C-" CinemaScore compared to BvS's "B" and a 9% RottenTomatoes score compared to Batman v Superman's 29%. Should BvS also finish with a 2.18 multiplier that would still result in a domestic run of $362.8 million, enough to rank in the top 30 all-time.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4173&p=.htm
>>
>>67817848
Your overreaching counter argument is the only thing underperforming.

>Gets told fact
>Y-yeah well it's still bad because it should've made more because it had batman and su-
>It's projected to make at least 1 billion.
>Y-yeah well

Give it a rest.
>>
>>67817467
>>67817511
>>67817511
>>67817561
>>67817696
OK, I misread the website, let's do this again. It cost 250 million, Domestic gross is listed at 261 million, foreign is listed at 421 million. That's a worldwide gross of 682 million.

My reply to OP still stands, if WB hasn't made its money back yet, it will. Think about future box office, plus Blu-Ray, digital streaming, and merchandising. I'm not saying this movie is good, I haven't even seen the thing, but OP asked if it could kill Warner Bros. The suggestion that this film alone will sink a company with an almost 13 billion dollar revenue last year is absurd.
>>
>>67817981
>>It's projected to make at least 1 billion.
Not anymore.
At least not by Box Office Mojo
>>while it looked like the film might become the 25th to ever cross $1 billion worldwide, its chances at crossing that mark aren't looking so good any longer.
>>
>>67818096
Ok.
>>
>>67818043
The $250M is just production costs.
It doesn't include marketing and distribution costs.
>>
>>67818215
So your answer to OP's question is yes?
Do you think this movie will kill WB?
>>
>>67818348
No. I don't think the movie will kill the WB because WB has already done a number of things to defray the total movie costs (e.g. merchandising, licensing, seeking cost-sharing and external financing for some portions of the production).

After you factor all of that in (and probably some other stuff the studio did that wasn't publicized), BvS will be a net profit for the WB. It just won't be the blockbuster that it was expecting, or hoping, it would be.

It'll basically be another Man of Steel for the WB.
>>
>>67817772
New power rangers when
>>
>>67817724
two marvels?
your image is not very clear bro
>>
>>67818215
It doesn't work like this.
>>
>>67818448
I concur. I probably shouldn't have gotten into the numbers, but at the end of the day, this movie is a disappointment, probably not a flop, definitely not a studio killer.
>>
>>67817424
It's broadly accepted that the film needs to take 800-900M to make profit. Massive marketing budget, and take from national and international box office evens out at about 50%, so double whatever they've spent.

That said, it's done well enough that it won't kill WB. It could kill off their interest in taking these franchises much further though - at least for a while.
>>
>>67817424
>current domestic gross of just under 460 million.
No. Try 260, and dropping like a fucking rock.
>>
>>67818514

There's a movie coming out and there's been a power rangers season almost every year for the past 2 decades
>>
>>67817772
>1.jpg man spamming threads with unfunny maymays

You'll never recreate Bane, no matter how hard you try
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.