[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Mediocre movies that /tv/ was obsessed with for two weeks.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: sicario[1].jpg (581 KB, 1333x1000) Image search: [Google]
sicario[1].jpg
581 KB, 1333x1000
ITT: Mediocre movies that /tv/ was obsessed with for two weeks.
>>
File: wewwww.jpg (5 KB, 311x162) Image search: [Google]
wewwww.jpg
5 KB, 311x162
>>67803797
>>
Explain how it is mediocre
>>
>>67803797

But it was 2015 KOTY
>>
Dat tagline lmao
>>
>>67803824
>>67803847
This "Sicario is amazing" meme needs to die.

The script was utter dogshit. It looked great, the actors were admirable, solidly edited, atmospheric score. But the writing... you could tell the writer has amateur at best knowledge on the subject. It was all very hokey and sensationalist, with dialogue that wouldn't be out of place on a Law and Order episode (This is the land of wolves). And then there were the contrivances. That Jon Bernthal scene was such a mess from a writing standpoint. The motherfucker happens to have that specific wrist band linked to the drug money in a previous scene? Fuck off. And all the characters other than the three mains were just wastes. I give this movie a 6/10 based on the atmosphere, performances, and other little things, but this won't win any awards and rightly so.
>>
>>67803824

>DUDE WHO CARES LETS JUST SHITPOST TOGETHER LMAO
>>
kinos that flew over people's heads general?
>>
>>67803872

Are you autistic by any chance?
>>
>>67803928
YOU'RE ASKING HOW A WATCH WORKS!
>>
>>67803928
"this is the land of autism now"

Seriously though get the fuck out, that's a very basic series criticisms and if you can't take that then go back to capeshit threads and talk about dc or marvel getting btfo or whatever the fuck
>>
I've never realised how short del Toro and Brolin are until I watched that movie. In fact, almost every actor is like 175cm at best and ''tall'' guys are actually of average height, fucking Hollywood manlets.
>>
>>67803797
>ITT: Mediocre movies that 2 autists shitposted non stop for two weeks.

fixed it for you
>>
The nigger in this movie was the worst part for me. I hate how he kept trying to protect Emily Blunt like a big brother. And he was an uppity nigger.
>>
American Gangster
>>
>>67803797
Prisoners. Overrated on here as fuck.
>>
>>67803904
Anons who don't know what they are talking about general?
>>
Drive
>>
>>67804165
Villenueve is a tall order of hack.
>>
>>67803797
Weeeellllll it's not Mediocre. They just mishandles the subject matter. It could've been hitchcockian thriller though. I still can't believe everybody on the maker's side went along with it.
>>
>>67804196
fuck off cancer
>>
>>67804205
I wouldn't call him an outright hack but there's still a long way to become a great director.
>>
>>67804196
this
>>
>>67803797
Only the second half of Sicario is mediocre. The first half is great.
>>
>>67804205
I don't really get what people have against Villeneuve. I never actually hear anyone complain about his direction - it's always the script.
>>
Leave Fiji alone, terrorists
>>
>>67804271
>I've never seen anyone rip off David Fincher before
>>
File: Prisoners 53.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Prisoners 53.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>67804304
Fincher's influence is there, but I wouldn't go so far as to say he's ripping off the style. Villeneuve focuses a lot more on precise framing - you wouldn't see a shot like this in a Fincher film, for example. Especially not considering how long it was held.
>>
>>67804226
Enemy is legitimately great but Prisoners felt so messy to me.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.