[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9g gbkxmaRs Why can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 12
File: thattaste....jpg (28 KB, 577x535) Image search: [Google]
thattaste....jpg
28 KB, 577x535
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9ggbkxmaRs

Why can't capeshit have emotionally charged, actually tense, well-scored and choreographed fights? Why does it have to all to be a big CGI blowout?

I am a staunch defender of the Raimi Spiderman Trilogy. I genuinely believe they are the best capeshit movies ever made, and I believe it's easy to see why, even in this clip from the worst of the three.

Why can't we have decent characters we care about as opposed to people who are distinguished only by how many quips they make per minute of screentime?

The soul and love in the Raimi Trilogy still wows me to this day- these are characters you get to know, who you care about in costume and out. Small events from the first one have reverberations for the rest of the trilogy. These are the greatest superhero movies to this day.
>>
>>67800671
based raimi is actually the king of capekino
>>
>>67800671

Do you watch Daredevil?

You'd love it, if you like the shit you described in this post.
>>
File: I'lltakethestaffjob.jpg (18 KB, 414x420) Image search: [Google]
I'lltakethestaffjob.jpg
18 KB, 414x420
If I may extrapolate a bit more...

It was a time before photo-realistic CGI, it was a time before every sound made in the move score was just BRRRRRRRRRMMMMMM, it was a time before Joss Whedon quips were mistaken for characterization...

Love was put into bringing these characters to life. The lovable, relatable Peter Parker, the golden hearted rich kid Harry Osborne, the sympathetic Norman Osborne, the sympathetic Doc Oc, Mary Jane, Gwen, the PERFECT J Jonah Jameson, all brought to life.

It was a time when love was put into movies, and when quips weren't the sole source of entertainment. Remember the bad Peter scenes? Remember the J Jonah scenes? Remember the pizza time scenes? It was a time when heroes were heroes. Remember the train sequence in Spiderman 2? How Peter's main focus is saving the people, not fighting Doc Oc?

It was a better, simpler time. I feel a genuine sense of loss and frustration that it will never be replicated.

Sure, the Marvel movies and the DC movies, they're good for a fun couple of hours, but you don't remember them. How many quips do you remember? How many scenes? How many character arcs?

In the end, the love is evident in these films. Sure they aren't masterpieces- but they are real movies, not sitcoms on the silver screen.

Do Marvel movies nowadays inspire the kind of passion I feel for this trilogy?

I rest my case.
>>
Because now capeshit has to be filled with quippy puns and goofy references to keep peoples attention. If the scene gets actually tense with developed characters people might lose interest.
>>
>>67800751
I agree wholeheartedly. Even the third one, in my eyes, is wonderful. People just took much of it too seriously- these movies were fun in a time where fun meant well written and performed comedic scenes- not just witty one liners anyone can write.
>>67800779
I do, and I enjoy it very much. I'm very glad it exists.
>>
File: image.png (337 KB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
image.png
337 KB, 1334x750
>>67800671

>I'm done trying to convince you that Niggers are subhuman

Jesus, Raimi
>>
>>67800875
Exactly the point I'm trying to make.

Current capeshit is fun, don't get me wrong- but how many iconic images do they have? How many memorable SCENES, and not just oneliners to be plastered onto $20 shirts at Hot Topic?

None. These movies are a function of fun- made to pull in money, entertain cheaply for a couple of hours, and not much more.

That's not to say the Raimi Trilogy is a thinking man's cinema experience. It's just to say that they are movies made as movies, made to make you feel happy, sad, to laugh, to cry, to leave the theater and remember the characters, villain and hero.

They are films, while current capeshit are just monetary functions.
>>
>>67800922

Well good for you boss.

Admitadly, i don't mind cgi fight scenes like the ones in Batman v Superman, Man of steel and the Marvel films, but scenes like Batman saving Martha in the Warehouse, Cap vs Bucky on the streets, etc, I'm craving more of that, as they can be beautifully shot, choreographed and directed.

It's one of the reasons I'm excited for that new Wonder Woman film.
>>
>>67800994

OP confirmed for based poster.
>>
>>67800939
Kek

And see, these films spawn memes, not because they are stupid- because they have funny sequences that can be exploited. You know why?

Because even 15 years later, people remember the wrestling scene. They remember the montage of people loving and hating Spidey. They remember.

What memes are spawned by current capeshit? Only memes in mocking. "That doesn't sound like a party" "Stop invincible son!". There's no endearment, because the memory is not from entertainment, it's from stupidity.
>>
>>67801064

You get bane posting, do you bleed, Lexs x vs x, Mexican flash, and a few shit here and there. But not much from the new age of Marvel.

But yeah, good observation
>>
>>67801037
I agree completely. Don't get me wrong, I see all the new movies, I follow the universes, but there's little love, little soul compared the Raimi Trilogy.

And of course action schlock is fun to watch, but even then, how often do you think, "Wow, heroes!"? Never. It's action, it's fighting, it's not heroism most of the time.
>>67801060
Thanks friend. I come here every couple of weeks to try and remind people. I'm passionate about these movies.
>>
>>67801123
Exactly, and like I was saying, mocking. Do you bleed, the absurdity of the Dark Knight Rises intro sequence, Lex, El Mariachi Flash, they're funny, but they're only in mocking.
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 750x1334
>a civilised conversation on 4chan about capekino

NOW JUST HOLD THE FUCK UP.
>>
>>67801202

Ahhh I get what you mean.
>>
>>67801219
Whenever I make a thread like this, it tends to be pretty civilized which I like. I think that lends even more proof to the fact that most people remember these movies very fondly. No one really comes in and shitposts, tries to shout over each other with the absolute funniest most hysterical top meme.

I make these threads because, although people remember the movies, they forget the whole picture- when you compare the comedy in these movies to modern capeshit, it's scenes vs quips, performances vs oneliners. The action sequences are plentiful in both, but it's heroism vs combat, character feuds vs destroy henchmen for a half an hour then fight big bad.
>>
Most based post on /tv/ in the last 200 years

Well said
>>
>>67800671
I personally think x-men trilogy is the best capeshit for the same reasons you choose spiderman but I agree with what you are saying about new vs old capeshit.
>>
BONESAAWWWW IS REEEEEEAAADDDYYY

HEY, FREAKSHOW! WHAT'RE YA DOIN UP THERE?!
>>
>>67801311
Thanks anon, nice dubs.
>>67801315
In fairness, I have only seen the first X-Men, and then the newer two, so I can't say whether it's the best or not. From what I remember, the first was quite good. I hear the second is excellent, I should get around to watching it.
>>
>>67800994
>They are films, while current capeshit are just monetary functions

Someone thinks movies aren't made to make money and doesn't remember all the Spider-Man merch from 2002-2007
>>
File: spidey.webm (804 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
spidey.webm
804 KB, 1280x720
>>67801326
>HEY, FREAKSHOW!
>>
File: 1451726164648.png (94 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
1451726164648.png
94 KB, 245x245
>>67801326
That's a cute outfit, did your husband give it to you?
>>
>>67800671
>pov punch
>reaction shot
>>
>>67800671
Why doesnt parker just spray hot gooey webbing all over him at the start, fuck punching each other and shit, that hurts.
>>
>>67801369
I remember, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that these movies weren't made to make money.

I am saying that when they were being made, the prime motivation of the director was to make the best film he could, so that people would want to see it again and again, and to buy the merchandise.

The issue, in my eyes, with the current Marvel universe is that the filmmakers aren't too concerned with putting much love into the film- people are obligated to see these movies to keep up with the universe. Of course they're fun while you're watching them too, but how many Marvel movies do you remember fondly? How many scenes can you name off the top of your head?

None, I would guess.
>>67801414
At what time?
>>
>>67801448
True, but I'll give it a pass. He's angry, he is wearing a suit that makes him superbly aggressive, I don't think he's concerned with much other than beating the shit out of him as fast as he can.
>>
>>67800671
Andrew's Spidey was all fancy flips and web action.
Tobey didn't mess around, he beat the shit out of every bad guy he met
>>
>>67801448
He triggered Peter with the comment about kissing Mary Jane.
>>
>>67801460
The first punch thrown. And a bunch after. I just noticed halfway through that whenever a punch connected the shot changed.
>>
>>67801485
That's another thing I love about this trilogy. I believe Tobey is the best Spidey by far. Andrew was an unremarkable Peter at best, and an uninteresting Spiderman. Tobey delivers jokes better, seems more heroic, is more convincing as Spiderman, and far more interesting and endearing as Peter Parker. Plus, I just think he looks the part far more.
>>
>>67801539
Fair enough, I think it looks fine, but you're not wrong. Again, I don't think these movies are perfect- just strongly believe they are better made and full of love than current capeshit.
>>
>>67801460
>was to make the best film he could
Every director would say that.
I don't remember any Rami movie fondly, especially 3 for butchering Venom and using the fucking Sandman of all villains.

>How many scenes can you name off the top of your head?
Anyone can do that from seeing a movie multiple times. That's a shitty way to describe what makes a good movie.

It's ridiculous people are trying to argue over super hero movies intended for generic consumption.

But you're right, Rami's Spider-Man was great. It won best kiss at the MTV movie awards.
>>
File: ironman 2 - Tony Stark.jpg (255 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
ironman 2 - Tony Stark.jpg
255 KB, 2000x1333
Iron Man II is capekino
>>
>>67801625
Different strokes for different folks. I have actually only seen the second one once and I remember many, many scenes from it.

I won't argue the third one could have done Venom better- but Sandman actually having a character arc in which he has proper motivation, connection to the plot, and it is resolved in the end and he is redeemed, more than you see in modern capeshit, and that's in the worst film with a throwaway villain.

It's not ridiculous though, to argue over super hero movies. That's like saying it's ridiculous to argue over crime movies- well yeah, some are shit, but Goodfellas is pretty good, The Godfather is pretty good. It's a genre of movies, they're not all the same. At least, they weren't.
>>
File: ironman 2 - Black Widow.jpg (982 KB, 2272x3408) Image search: [Google]
ironman 2 - Black Widow.jpg
982 KB, 2272x3408
>>67801677
Best Widow look by far
>>
>>67801499
all the more reason, sticky him to the wall and then use him as a human punching bag.
>>
>OUT, AM I?!
(Tobey when he found out he was getting replaced)
>>
>>67801712
This.

Hot as fuck and then meh in the other movies.
>>
>>67801712
What the fuck happened she used to be so hot
>>
OP here, it's 4:00 AM where I live so I am going to head to bed. I just had to get my thoughts on this trilogy out once again because I went to see Batman V Superman tonight. It was decent, but it just reminds me unfortunately, of what we used to have.

Goodnight, /tv/, have a good one okay friends?
>>
Good night
>>
>>67801820
Gnight senpai.
>>
>>67801693
>Proper arc
>Actual motivation

The most cliche bullshit one at that.
>>
>>67800671
I recently rewatched the first 2 of these and let me tell you I haven't felt that sense of comfy nostalgia in a long time. This is coming from someone who actually likes the MCU for most part - but I spent a good chunk of time explaining why SM1 and SM2 are infinitely better than the Amazing Spiderman trash we got recently.
>>
>>67801557
Tobey-man was also able to accomplish something that no Spiderman has managed to do yet or since...keep Gwen Stacey AND Mary Jane alive
>>
>>67800671
Winter soldier
Thats why it is the best marvel.movie
>>
>>67800671
holy shit i forgot about that ending

how did tobey turn so dark i feel like an abused wife
>>
>>67800871
>The lovable, relatable Peter Parker

exactly

https://youtu.be/nL8hVXSDmNM
>>
>>67800671
>Why can't capeshit have emotionally charged, actually tense, well-scored and choreographed fights? Why does it have to all to be a big CGI blowout?
You need to watch both seasons of Daredevil. And you're right about Raimi's Spider-Man movies.
>>
I just watched the first Spiderman last night and it reminded me just how much Comic books have changed in such a short while.

I can't speak for 2 or 3 (i remember 2 beinggood but 3 being pretty shitty compared to the first two), but the first one atleast is probably the best Cape movie i've seen.

> That reincorporation of "Don't tell Harry" from MJ working at a Diner to Osbourne dying at the end.
Literal perfection.
>>
>>67802390
That god damn freeze frame gets me every time. I love it.
>>
>>67801219
Real nigga hours
>>
Raimi really should make a new Darkman movie to just blow these other capeshit films out of the water.
>>
File: 5UsJ6op.jpg (24 KB, 576x565) Image search: [Google]
5UsJ6op.jpg
24 KB, 576x565
How can movies I haven't seen in YEARS be stuck in my head so much more than any of the Marvel stuff like Avengers, Ultron, Captain America, Thor, etc?

The one part in Captain America that I thought would stick with me were the propaganda scenes (where he punches Hitler), but I can't picture a single frame from it.
>>
Spider Man 2 was helped by having a veteran Hollywood writer do the script.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0765091/?ref_=ttfc_fc_wr6

Though he did also write ASM1.
>>
>>67800671

Winter Soldier had some really good fight scenes
>>
The problem with all this capeshit nowadays that raimi didn't do is this need to make everything that happens a massive battle, it's never just fighting one on one in a building it has to be 5 people fighting each other and then they blow up the building and it just keeps going. It feels so gratuitous now and I think that's why winter soldier was so liked because they grounded it a bit more (until the end)
>>
I think we pretty much agree that Spider Man 1-2 and Iron Man 1-2 are the best capekinos out there.
>>
Warehouse fight in BvS was excellent.
>>
>>67803101

It's also why Ant-Man is so loved because it's self aware how ridiculously overblown and dramatic the fights are.
>>
>>67803144

>Iron Man 2

"No."

Noone can say anything against Iron Man 1 though. It's ridiculous how one single movie kicked off all the love for capekino.

It was so inspiring people young and old all actually wish to BE Iron Man. It's how how super hero movie should be
>>
>>67803437
>"No."
Yes. Btw I forgot to mention GotG.
>>
>>67801219
Well Raimi's trilogy is real capekino

Hack Snyder garbage capeflicks are not
>>
>>67803481

What exactly was so great about Iron Man 2?
>>
File: 5408974130985.jpg (62 KB, 355x355) Image search: [Google]
5408974130985.jpg
62 KB, 355x355
>>67801064
>Because even 15 years later
NOOOOOOOOOOO

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>67803795
Suitcase armor
War Machine
Whiplash
The retrofuturistic feel of everything about the Expo, Howard, and his legacy
The movie is fabulous but with less cheesiness than IM1
>>
>>67800671

Whatever happened to fight scenes like this?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fU69hldyq7U

The setting, the simple but well done choreography, the feeling of risk and danger. I always had chills watching this as a kid yet I feel nothing for the flashy crap that the MCU throws at us.
>>
>>67800671
Didn't Franco say in an interview a few months ago that he hated the Raimi movies, regrets doing them, and much prefers to butcher Faulkner and make stoner comedies with Seth Rogen?
>>
>>67800671
>Joss Whedon
He ruined pop culture as a whole so direct all your complaints towards him.
>>
>Best capeshit movie
>no capes
>>
>>67802390
.23 Electron volts
>>
>>67804495
He was the downfall of capeshit. Making a garbage Avengers movie that ended up doing so good at box office made the studios realize that audience would pay for shit.
>>
File: 1449064137114.gif (342 KB, 153x113) Image search: [Google]
1449064137114.gif
342 KB, 153x113
>>67800671
now i NEED to rewatch the trilogy again, I loved it back in the day, and i love you op
>>
>>67800671
Damn Spider-Man 3 was so fucking good. Every scene with Harry was great.
>>
File: 1409434754073.jpg (107 KB, 530x401) Image search: [Google]
1409434754073.jpg
107 KB, 530x401
>Raimi
Capekino

>Snyder
Capemovies

>Nolan
Capeflicks

>Marvel
Capeshit

prove me wrong
>>
>>67801712
I impregnated her
>>
Any love for the 2003 hulk?
It's one of my favorite capeshits along with the 1st and 2nd raimi spiderman, iron man 1 and winter soldier.
I'd include guardians in there but it feels more like a space adventure than capeshit to me.
>>
>>67805793

Good ranking desu senpai, I'd put Del Toro between Snyder and Raimi for the Hellboy movies
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.