[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Finally got around to watching this. Would probably say it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
Finally got around to watching this. Would probably say it's Clooney's best. Really neat concept behind it, emulating the Odyssey and all. What did you think of it?
>>
The interracial rape scene felt ouf of place
>>
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII'M
>>
dank movie
>>
Saw it twice in the theater, and never again since.

Good movie, from what I remember. I should watch it again sometime.
>>
>>67798101
AM A MAAAAAAAAAAAN
>>
>>67798056
Good movie, interesting soundtrack too, that stood out a lot. This time period and atmosphere is generally ignored in movies, so this is unique.

I never understood why Clooney's character didn't fight John Goodman though.
>>
>>67798158
He was bona fide dank man
>>
>>67798158
He didn't get it, Big Dan.
>>
Damn! We're in a tight spot!
>>
>>67798158
Beautiful soundtrack and I agree with you about the atmosphere, 30's Americana is my shit, so cozy.
>>
>>67798151
OF CONSTANT SORROOOOOOW
>>
THEY DUN LOVED EM UP AND TURNED EM INTO A H-

HORNY TOAD
>>
Well ain't this place just a geographical oddity?
>>
O' darling let's go down...
>>
>>67798056

My favorite Coen Bros. film. Love the soundtrack and setting reminds me of growing up in south Georgia.
>>
>>67798710
I'm down with that, I'd probably say it's their best as well. The asthetic is just too nice and the soundtrack is excellent.
>>
File: Vic.jpg (40 KB, 615x344) Image search: [Google]
Vic.jpg
40 KB, 615x344
>that face when John Goodman's character rapes Holly Hunter's character in front of her screaming children

I know the Coen Brothers deal with dark themes, but this one just seemed WAY out of place in a "light-hearted" film.
>>
Every time i watch this movie i go back and watch carnival

Goat time period done so well
>>
>>67798225
Takes some real talent to make crushing poverty, corruption, and hatred look like a comfy sunday afternoon on a porch.
>>
>>67798056

it is shockingly one of the most important films of the past 30 years. it changed how films were made

it was the first film to use digital color correction on a movie that otherwise did not otherwise have many special effects. and it was groundbreaking in that the color correction was used throughout the whole film to create a sepia tone, to make the whole movie seem like a old photograph

>>67798158
people took notes on how they used special effects to change the atmosphere without being noticeable and now its in almost every movie
>>
>>67800456
Wow, I always knew that colour correction was used in this but I never knew that it was the first. Pretty cool, the Coens really are artists man.
>>
>>67798056
I consider "Michael Clayton" to be Clooneys best work. It was perfect.
>>
You're right OP
>>
>>67798056
this is my favorite movie tbqh

It looks as if it could've been released last month instead of 16 years ago too.
>>
>>67798101
>>67798151

>I'm am

buncha dinguses on this board I swear
>>
>>67800456
"hey senpai what you doing with that video editing software, the flick is complete"

"just adding some effects famantha"

*click* sepia added throughout movie, it took a few seconds to process

"now contrarian plebs will think this is a kino masterpiece"
>>
Damn! We're in a tight spot!
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.