[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I'M the bad guy? What did he mean by this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: th.jpg (10 KB, 200x300) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
10 KB, 200x300
>I'M the bad guy?

What did he mean by this?
>>
File: bye.jpg (2 KB, 91x153) Image search: [Google]
bye.jpg
2 KB, 91x153
>>
underrated thread
>>
>>67796473
This movie is pol in a nutshell and probably one of the most important movie cultural ofvtge past fifty years.
>>
>>67796473

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7oglIAdnJM
>>
>>67796473
was I the only one who got the feeling they blew the whole movie with that stupid "I rampage because muh family" ending. Was hoping the movie had something to say, in the end it's only the same old he does everything for his family hollywood trope bullshit
>>
>>67797739

/pol/ was the Nazi in the used army goods store hating blindly on everyone, DFENS is a patriot of the working class.
>>
>>67799252
The nazi believed in the 6 million and gas chambers. So no you're wrong
>>
>>67799195
It was plenty of things anon. He just happened to want to spend time with his daughter that day.
>>
>>67797739
>comparing a productive member of society like Michael Douglas' character to the pathetic retards of /pol/
>>
>>67799338
>>67799252
>/pol/ is even worse than the Nazi character intended to make an anti-hero planning to murder his family look good
kek
>>
Is this any good? I've only ever seen the "I'm the bad guy?" scene, but it seems interesting.

Or is this just edgy /tv/ autist-core?
>>
>>67799195
I think you are grossly oversimplifying the film, it's message and the main characters motivations. The whole deal with him is the zeitgeist at the time was a feeling of frustration, traditional America with a stay at home mom, stable family unit, a good job, safety, etc were gone. A feeling of betrayel by a shift in American culture and wealth obviously with destruction of middle class. It isn't about racism with the gang violence and all but of cultural degradation and change perhaps. Worth another look pay attention to the dialogue and the symbolism. He encounters anazi, but what does that encounter real mean or communicate? Remember the scene with tr Korean shopkeeper? The American flag gets thrown to the ground representing falling down of American dream. Etc etc
>>
>>67799445
>productive member of society like Michael Douglas' character
What? The guy didn't even have a job
>>
>>67799252
>hating blindly
/pol/ doesn't hate blindly. Every single person /pol/ hates there's a very valid reason.
>>
>>67799478
s-sure whatever you say my man
>>
>>67799252
I get what ur saying but pol to me is more of a combination of the two characters. There are stormtards, but I think the majority of the people are probably just frustrated like the main character, slightly different.
>>
>>67799489
Again very relavent film watch with open eyes and a thinking cap.
>>
>>67799509
BC he was laid off BC of recession
>>
Second favorite film of all time. Behind Withnail and I.

The scene right after the golf course where he's just talking to himself in front of that family is so powerful. They're terrified of him, but he's done nothing to cause it. He just wants them to understand that he didn't want to do what he did that day, but it still happened. And they'll never understand, no matter what he says or does, because that's simply "how the world works".
>>
>>67796473
The economic man!
>>
Tfw this could never be remade today no matter how awesome it would be
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.