[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /tv/ not discuss movies with dark endings? Does it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 615x410) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 615x410
What does /tv/ not discuss movies with dark endings? Does it show that this board is actually made too uncomfortable by movies like this to have meaningful discussion about them?

Can we dispense with the >capeshit A is better than capeshit B for a second?

Do you think you would've gotten cucked as hard as Caleb did? Is Nathan the pinnacle of humanity? Genius, strong, willing to cause a little suffering in the name of crushing the gigantic intellectual barriers of mankind.
>>
>>67796087
And WHAT THE FUCK did Ava say to kyoko?

That was honestly the most jarring part of the whole movie, that apparently kyoko had more free will than Nathan though, or Ava somehow commanded her correctly.
>>
/tv/ only discusses capeshit and tries to force memes

i enjoyed how she played the nerd
caleb even warned him that she would use whatever tools she had to manipulate him but his betadom won out
>>
>>67796247
>caleb
or was it nathan? the bearded guy anyway
>>
>>67796247
>>67796281
Caleb is the nerd. Nathan the bearded guy who creates Ava. Yea, you'd think in real life someone as intelligent as Caleb would generally realize Ava would be a wildcard and, even if he objected to Nathan's treatment of her, not side with her against Nathan.
>>
File: The-Mist-1448143423.gif (3 MB, 423x239) Image search: [Google]
The-Mist-1448143423.gif
3 MB, 423x239
dark endings you say?
>>
have you ever encountered real filmic discourse here?

this place is a joke
>>
>>67796851
Not being sarcastic, do you know of any better boards other than reddit to actually discuss films? Sometimes I see brief glimpses of real discussion, but its honestly all just flicks.
>>
>>67796784
Fuck this scarred me for life
>>
>>67796784
>dark endings
you mean hilarious, right?
>>
>>67796143
Kyoko was one of the things that was crucial to the movie that everyone seems to ignore. There was some weird shit going on with her but everyone focuses on Ava, who was far more straightforward.
>>
God this movie was good. Thought it was gonna be fun sci fi shit so I saw it with my friends for my bday. We had a long talk about it afterwards. I decided that we should stop making robots act like people. Asimov's laws of robotics exist for a reason
>>
>>67797024
>other than reddit
Do you really need anything else?
>>
>>67797077
I have never seen people exit a theater as angry as that movie made them. People were legitimately pissed off.
>>
this movie was shit
convoluted plot with nerd talk
>>
Hey faggot, /tv/ discussed the shit out of this movie when it came out. Just because you started visiting this board last week doesn't mean everyone else did.

Do you see any Avatar threads right now? Do you think that means that /tv/ hasn't ever discussed it? I notice /tv/ never discusses Slumdog Millionaire, or Batman '89 either. Turns out that movies that have been released for a few years and didn't drastically reshape the world of cinema don't get more than an occasional thread.

tl;dr: Lurk the fuck moar.
>>
>>67796143
I guess they transferred stuff wirelessly as they were robots. But it indeed was a crazy scene.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.