[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did he ever do that was so wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: Mad-Max-Fury-Road-Immortan-Joe.jpg (435 KB, 658x370) Image search: [Google]
Mad-Max-Fury-Road-Immortan-Joe.jpg
435 KB, 658x370
What did he ever do that was so wrong?
>>
He was white.
>>
He was a white male
>>
>>67793701
oppressed wymyn
>>
>>67793701
He impregnated Rosie Huntington-Whiteley with a white baby, so the filmmakers had to murder the baby and its entire family
>>
>I rape every woman until I get my way.

You don't get it because women won't have sex with you, I understand it. You're a nice guy.
>>
>>67793701
Controlled the water? Dudes just a capitalist.
>>
File: 1432810712340.jpg (145 KB, 659x609) Image search: [Google]
1432810712340.jpg
145 KB, 659x609
>>67793701
he never witnessed me
>>
>>67794247
I assumed he did that as a way of rationing the water so they don't waste it all.
>>
>>67793701

He was a WHITE MALE!

But nah, memeing aside, he enslaved his followers, brainwashed his people, used people as blood bags, breeders and food suppliers.

But aside from that, pretty based dude. Allowed women to work for him, encouraged his followers to pursue a warrior life style in order to create a unified and militaristic society, and helped distribute resources so as to maintain his kingdom and keep people alive.
>>
>>67793701
Nothing.

He was actually the last bastion of civilization in that part of the world

>had industrial factories making car parts and bullets
>had working petrol processing to keep the lights on
>I assume some kind of agriculture to keep everyone fed

But a bunch of feminists got upset that they would have to have sex once a day in exchange for not dying of starvation, dehydration and exposure and destroyed it all.
>>
>>67793701
Not having more than one Doof Warrior.
>>
>>67793865
How do you exactly think humans would repopulate after an apocalypse anon?

Hint, it's not going to involve eharmony.
>>
>>67793701
He did what he had to do, and then he kept going into what he didn't have to do.
>>
>>67793701
They literally never showed him doing anything remotely villainous.

Fury Road fucking sucked. Everything was so shallow. The only reason people like it is for the effects and action. That's it.
>>
>>67794322
Is that Judge Holden?
>>
>>67794525
This
>>
>>67794667
>The only reason people like it is for the effects and action.

Isn't that the reason people like the Mad Max movies anyway? (Except the first one of course...)
>>
>>67794525
I'm fairly certain this was the intended message.
>>
>>67794667
Is there something wrong with that?
>>
>>67794831
I'm going to be honest and say I only ever saw Fury Road and the original to begin with
>>67795066
Usually no but people hype it up as being so great, when it's really so pleb. And I love some plebby stuff myself, but fans of the movie don't see it that way.

Die Hard is 10x the action movie Fury Road is.
>>
Law and Order is considered evil in the eyes of migrants. These fools will probably use up the resources up fast without rationing.
>>
>>67795431
Fury Road was basically Road Warrior on cocaine. That's probably why I and others enjoyed it. Also, it's because the visuals are so friggen insane that you cannot help to get lost in the madness. Imagine the actors playing the War Boys during the driving scenes

>WITNESS ME
>>
>>67795431
Die Hards also 25+ years old, care to cite newer examples of better action movies?
>>
>>67795552
Agree to disagree. The story is one big action sequence. You have two different sequences. Max in his feet in the beginning, and then car chases. That's it. That's the whole movie. The visuals weren't good enough to make me forget that the characters and setting and story were painfully bland. Also, speaking of visuals, the filter was annoying.
>>67796177
Talking action only wise, or story too?
>>
>>67793701

>it's a "let's apply our present PC morality to another timeline and feel good about ourselves" episode
>>
He was a typical Qin Shi Huang or Saul-type who builds an empire with their badassery but has to be replaced by more level-headed types at the end of the day
>>
File: Not So Golden Girl.jpg (18 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
Not So Golden Girl.jpg
18 KB, 300x400
>>67793701
He enslaved women.

Women are not things.
>>
According to the comics he would rather sleep with his war boys. His wives even made fun of him for it.
>>
>>67796512
I think the movie is a love letter to Road Warrior which was another movie that was a big chase scene. I gotta respect George Miller for with this line from an interview:

>Films are a visual medium but too many movies dump exposition instead of telling the story through the visuals and have the dialogue make sense like actual people talking (...) I want anyone to watch my film on mute and still get the story.

I like that philosophy.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.