[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't big movie stars make special appearances on TV
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: images.jpg (16 KB, 443x332) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
16 KB, 443x332
Why don't big movie stars make special appearances on TV shows anymore?
>>
>>67789856
Just watched all 3 seasons of Veronica Mars, insane to see all those cameos of upcoming stars.
>>
>>67789943
Like who? I don't remember any
>>
>>67789856
Because network TV is dead, and guest starring on Netflix series doesn't get them the publicity boost they want.
>>
Remember when Bruce fucked Roseanne? before he became a total fucking tool?
>>
Megan Fox was just on New Girl
>>
File: bruce_willis_roseanne.jpg (116 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
bruce_willis_roseanne.jpg
116 KB, 1200x900
>>67790324
forgot muh pic
>>
>>67789856
Because no one likes fun anymore.
>>
>>67789856
no one can make good sitcoms anymore
>>
>>67790346
>Big movie stars
Try again, Schlomo
>>
It's funny how I've grown to hate Friends and its laugh track. How did it happen? I used to love it although I also used to not really watch any episode of it. The only show from such genre I stil enjoy is That '70s Show (the first 4 or 5 seasons at least, before they turn Fez and Kelso into bigger ridiculous caricatures), and it's not even necessarily considered good.
>>
>>67790448

only reason brad pitt was on friends is because he was fucking jennifer hard nips

a-listers aren't ever on TV shows. washed up celebs and cross-overs would make cameos on sitcoms. that's it.
>>
Martin Sheen was on an episode of Two and Half Men
>>
>>67790520
I do remember Gary Oldman being on the show. And I guess it was after he did that film with Coppola. Robin Williams and Billy Crystal were also on the show. This is the only thing I guess I know.
Recently: Johnny Depp wasn't on thar ricky gervays show? But yes, sure, drugs and bad movies.

There must be a list of film stars appearing on these shows though. But do you care? I don't really.
>>
What are you talking about?

Most big movie stars even take roles in TV shows now.
>>
>>67790520
Van Damme and Charlie Sheen appeared on friends at their peaks
>>
>>67790242
>Paris Hilton
>Jane Lynch
>Armie Hammer
>Kevin Smith
>Aaron Paul
>Aaron Ashmore
>Joss Whedon
>James Franco(movie)
>Michael Cera
>Paul Rudd
>Sam Huntington
>Jessica Chastain
>Leighton Meester
>Alyson Hannigan
>Lucar Grabeel
And a lot more, if there are any names there you dont recognize just google them and you'll probably recognize them.
>>
>>67790669
Which reminds me... isn't it funny how there's a heated discussion on how TV might one day take over and destroy cinema/filmmaking since the 80s or so? It never gets old and this still amazes me.
But the thing is that TV is getting more powerful since now there really are some good production and people are enjoying its narrative.
>>
>>67790669
Name 3
>>
>>67790691
Julia Roberts as well. And Clooney. And reese witherspoon...fuck, Friends had a lot
>>
>>67789856
because they've figured out that they're to good to be banging tv b listers
>>
>>67790841
Mcconaughey spacey kidman
>>
>>67789856
Didn't Brad just show up as a favour to his Girlfriend?
>>67790631
And obviously Charlie is Martin's son. That's really the only reason why he has a career at all.
>>
>>67790841
David Spader (Blacklist)
Benedict Cumberbatch (Sherlock Holmes)
Matthew McConaughey (True Detective)
Mads Mikkelsen (Hannibal)
Kevin Spacey (House of Cards)

And these are just on top of my head.

"Entourage" was a whole show that basically revolved around cameos.
>>
>>67791275
>The One With Rachel's Sister
Fuck, I forgot that one. Clooney and especially Julia's episodes were great though.
>>
>>67790841
1. Your mother
II) Your promiscuous female progenitor
c- Kevin Spacey who probably fucked you mom
>>
>>67791275
Ben Stiller, Alec Baldwin, Robin Williams, Bruce Willis. its funny how they could afford all these people, but they could afford to shoot a boat scene on the ocean
>>
>>67790665
The Gervais shows(Extras and Life is Short) have to be considered exceptions because the entire premise of them was having guests that HBO could drag in for one or two scenes to say something funny and then leave.
Like Liam Nesson trying to do Improv or Kate Winslett dressed as a Nun giving advice on having satisfying Phone Sex.
>>
Wasn't pitt dating rachel at the time?
>>
>>67791836
>big stars
>david spader and mads mikkelsen
nah, but for the most part you're right
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.