[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people like their method of releasing content? It ruins
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: photo[1].png (27 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
photo[1].png
27 KB, 250x250
Why do people like their method of releasing content? It ruins discussion. We can't have threads on here because every person is at a different point of the series. For the same reason you can't talk about it with friends. And by the time the majority have watched it, everyone is trying to binge watch something else and have forgotten about it. Gone are the times of pondering what it going to happen next.

Releasing things weekly is the best way for a show to have staying power. But people tend to flock to Netflix for some reason. But you get nothing out of it besides a weekend wasted on binge watching a show you couldn't even recall having watched. Where is the Daredevil discussion? House of Cards? The only thing you ever hear is that they were good. Why were they good? Well no one knows because they formed that opinion before they even watched it and just became another sheep. I fucking hate Netflix and shows released to binge watch are mostly forgettable trash.
>>
You made good points, too bad you had to end it by sounding like a whiny faggot.
>>
I think they are more concerned about getting the views from binge-watchers than building up anticipation for the next episode, unfortunately.
>>
>>67783841
Just stop u shill. No 1 cares omg just shut up already. Why are u even posting here. Seriously. Jeez
>>
well most discussion of episodic content is dumb fan theories so who really cares?
>>
>>67783841
Netflix is the wave of the future
>>
>tfw preferred to binge watch before Netflix was a thing

Also, I think people forget things because most people are stupid.
>>
You're saying that netflix should change their release method to make /tv/ a better place?
>>
>>67784109
This
>>
>>67783841
i don't binge watch so i have no idea what you're talking about. most of the adults i know don't either, namely because we have jobs and would rather spend time at the beach, the club, or the bar than in front of the tv all day.
>>
Dumping a full season is a shit idea. Should be one episode per day or even two per week.
>>
boo fucking hoo people like to watch a tv show different than you, get over it
>>
No one I know watches stuff as it airs. Stay in your damn lane gramps.
>>
>>67783841
its better than dragging out a show like dexter. That should've been 4 seasons. I would rather binge watch over a few days than wait 5 years for a show to finish.
>>
>>67784109
Yes
>>
>>67784156
>namely because we have jobs and would rather spend time at the beach, the club, or the bar than in front of the tv all day
And shitposting on /tv/, don't forget about that.
>>
>>67784283

but they still only release 1 season per year.
>>
>>67784330
just an hour or so before disco napping. maybe i should have binged watch a show? nah, the ncaa semis are on.
>>
File: 144952705761.png (455 KB, 595x622) Image search: [Google]
144952705761.png
455 KB, 595x622
>>67783841
>I watch TV shows
>>
>>67783841
None of the Netflix original content is even watchable, who care
>>
>>67783841
>BUT MOOOOOOM THIS WAY I CANT DISCUSS MY FAVORITE SHOW WITH MY INTERNET FRIENDS
>>
>>67784507
You should kill yourself :)
>>
Very good points tbqh. It always bothered me how there's never any worthwhile discussion on HoC.

#CancelNetflix tbqh
I did this week
>>
>>67785179
DON'T EVER REPLT TO MY POST AGAIN!
>>
>>67784507
good chadposting my man
>>
>>67783841
All at once is the future, kid. Weekly episode release was making people retarded by not making them remember things.
>>
>>67785344
Binge watching is even worse for viewers retention though.
>>
>>67785998
>bingewatching is bad because people will leave it running while they do other things

They do that anyway.
>>
>having choice and control is bad
>i wish others would make all my decisions for me

Reality seems determined to punish me every day for not just killing myself.
>>
I don’t fucking care about how content if fucking released, just as long as it's quality! There’s TV that’s totally bingable and stuff that you can take your time watching, then there is shit you won’t get to until the series has come to it conclustion. It's about having a choice on when, where and how you consume your entertainment. It might be annoying if your the type of cuntsucker that needs your moronic pet hates about shitty characters or disagreeable plot lines validated, but somehow, i think most here are so retarded and too busy fingering their arseholes to have an intelligent critique or commentary on anything. HAHAHAH
>>
>>67783841
>being cucked by cable
Enjoy that $70 bill for the two shows you like.
>>
>>67786041

this, I torrent a lot of shitty shows weekly that I sort of half-watch while doing other things.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.