[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we have a prisoners discussion thread? This movie is a masterpiece
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1984x2834) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1984x2834
Can we have a prisoners discussion thread? This movie is a masterpiece
>>
ya but 90% of the faggots on here will call it pleb shit and his worst film.

I love the christian vs pagan imagery throughout
>>
>>67782535
it's pretty good but not a masterpiece
>>
>>67782535
It actually has the symbolism and depth that people pretend BvS had.
Good film, OP.
>>
>>67782565
Explain?!
>>
File: peach tea.jpg (58 KB, 640x326) Image search: [Google]
peach tea.jpg
58 KB, 640x326
>>67782642

>It actually has the symbolism and depth that people pretend BvS had
>pretend

You seem to not understand the amazing satanic/pagan undertones of Luthors scenes.

Most obviously he constantly talks about biblical events as if they are happening right now. Gods/Demons he speaks that as if they are interchangeable. He even calls Supermans mom a Witch. His monologue their was great.

The part I first realized this was his blood ritual with Zods body. The scene was shown as some super space tech that changes zod but it was truly a horrific ritual basically taking ones soul.

He literally does a sci fi style Séance in the deleted scene communinicating with a demon like general from apocolpyes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-MUzvASr8s

I love this mess of a movie. The demonic imagery reminds me of Childhood's End a wonderful novel if you don't know of it. The aliens in it are depicted as what western society views Devils, they even use a Ouija board to communicate. Creepy great stuff.
>>
File: image.jpg (79 KB, 584x292) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79 KB, 584x292
>>67782602
>>
>>67782663

Therese some article online that explains it well but Im too lazy to find it. Basically it says Loki represents mysticism and the occult while Huge Jackedmans character represents Christianity and faith in a higher power
>>
>>67782703
STOP WITH THE FUCKING CAPESHIT, EVERY THREAD IS CAPESHIT THIS CAPESHIT THAT. /TV/ IS TEARING ME APART! I CANT TELL MEME FROM REAL LIFE ANYMORE! THE CAPESHIT MUST END
>>
>>67782880

>I say something that actually has merit
>STOP IT IM NOT LISTENING NANANANANA
>>
>>67782535
dunno about masterpiece because that really is a hard thing to define.

But its definitely incredibly well made, very intense and boasts great central performances too.

Can't wait for Jackman to be finished with Capeshit so he can get back to being in more quality films.
>>
made me want to adopt jake gyllenhaals hairstyle in it. looked cool as shit
>>
Denis must be a pretty big Radiohead fan... I watched Incendies the other day and it has You and Who's Army? at the start. Whereas Prisoners closes with Codex.
>>
File: image.gif (315 KB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
315 KB, 500x275
>>67783148
>TFW you have a receding hairline with thining hair and will never be able to pull of this style
>>
File: 1455518690300.jpg (469 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
1455518690300.jpg
469 KB, 2560x1600
>>67782535
>Can we have a prisoners discussion thread? This movie is a masterpiece

I agree OP.

I'd say Denis Villeneuve is one of the best directors working today.

>Prisoners
>Enemy
>Sicario

And now he's directing the new Blade Runner film with Harrison Ford and Ryan Gosling.
>>
>>67783257
ahhhh well... At least i can! Just go full joe rogan and become a human egg
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 610x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 610x300
>>67783327
There are so many good things in place for the blade runner sequel. All the chess pieces are aligned. I will be shocked if it fails.
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 736x337) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 736x337
Posting prisoners cinematography
>>
File: image.jpg (266 KB, 980x550) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
266 KB, 980x550
>>
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 1280x720
>>
>much twitchy character depth

Okay movie though
>>
>>67784551
>tfw no money to buy the ticket
>>
Prisoners is THE example of inauthentic sensibility cinema. It doesn't get more juvenile "film buff" than this movie. Everything from the casting, to the themes, to the cinematography. It physically pains me to even think about it. Fincher was always the epitome of IMDB to me until this movie, but then Villenvue managed to topple him.
>>
I like Jake's performance here.

His mannerisms, his accent, his sleuthiness was all good character work.

Bravo
>>
File: 960.jpg (32 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
32 KB, 960x540
C
>>
>>67784652
Wut
>>
>>67783784
Ryan Gosling is a shitty actor.
>>
>>67784835
L
>>
>>67784652
name 10 better titles from that year
>>
>>67783327
>Prisoners
>Enemy
>Sicario
9(kino)
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.