[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could Marvel Studios make better DC movies than Warner?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: Lex Luthor.png (597 KB, 903x669) Image search: [Google]
Lex Luthor.png
597 KB, 903x669
Could Marvel Studios make better DC movies than Warner?
>>
>>67776984
Yes
>>
>>67776984
Unfortunately yes.

How difficult is it to make a good Superman film?
>>
>>67776984
Edgelord Batman is fine, but they would have a much better chance with Superman
>>
File: 377378-152758-obadiah-stane.jpg (37 KB, 320x424) Image search: [Google]
377378-152758-obadiah-stane.jpg
37 KB, 320x424
How many Lex Luthors has Marvel done better than Lexeinberg already? And the villains are not even the strong point of the MCU
>>
I doubt it. The problem with most DC heroes is that they're way too fucking overpowered. They don't lend themselves well to film because actors never capture the fight scenes right or exude as much power on screen as the characters do in the comics or cartoons. Most Marvel characters aren't fighting at superhigh speeds, flying, blowing up buildings, etc. The only ones who really do any of that is Hulk(CGI handles all of Hulk decently) and Thor when he's flying (but flying is sparse)

The only DC characters that can be done right are ones like Batman. Guys like Superman always end up looking terrible because the actor is always going to be drowned in a mess of high speed motion blur CG, and the flying scenes always look wrong.

Tl;dr- Marvel would fuck it up too. It's the problem of the characters and stories they're doing, rather than the studios.
>>
>>67777229
Only retarded fanboys would care if Superman was depowered to tasteful levels
>>
>>67777296
It would probably be a very good thing film wise if he was depowered, but I mean if the guy can't pick up skyscrapers and throw them like baseballs, then it's not superman. Even normies know the guy is overpowered as fuck. That's the point of the character.
>>
Marvel always fucks up the villains, DC has them beat in that. I can only remember Marvel villains from the Sam Raimi films, those were good.
>>
Yes.

DC had the right idea with Batman/Superman with Nolan/Singer and they shit the bed with Superman because they decided the reason TDK was successful was because muh dark muh gritty.
>>
>>67776984
How do you fuck up a Batman or Superman movie? They're the most normie of normie superheroes, they market themselves!

BRAVO SNYDER
>>
>>67777450
MCU loki was so good it leaked into the main comics universe
>>
>>67777066

So the thing with superman (at least what I feel) is that he's already written as a fucking stupidly OP character in the comics.

He's got one real weakness, meaning at some point or another we're gonna see someone weaken superman for a bit, punch him around, and wait to see how the plot brings him back to strength to overcome.
>>
>>67777229
The point of superman isn't his powerlevel, faggot. That's what zack Snyder thinks

People like Chris Reeve Superman because he captured the humanity and essence of the character better than anyone before or since
>>
File: Night on Bald Mountain.jpg (54 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Night on Bald Mountain.jpg
54 KB, 1280x720
>>67776984
Children in cosplay could make better DC movies than Warner Brothers films division.

I bet they have a bunch of idiot women on staff.
>>
>>67777618
in MoS, Kryptonian air (carbon monoxide? more CO2? I forget if they specify) makes Superman vulnerable even though he can survive the vacuum of space
>>
>>67777665
>Children in cosplay could make better DC movies than Warner Brothers films division.

Case in point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PlwDbSYicM
>>
>>67777066
>How difficult is it to make a good Superman film?
Extremely because people don't really get the character.
>>
The thing is , its sad because dc definitely has better stories to adapt , better comics and better photography in movies. MCU looks like turd to compare Nolan or Man of steel. They should make killing joke movie already
>>
>>67777229

Memes aside, Batman with prep time is more OP than Superman.
>>
>>67777824
>dc definitely has better stories to adapt
I've only recently started reading some of their alternate timeline pieces, and yeah they're really damn good.
>>
>>67777755
There are people who get the character. Unfortunately the man in charge of Supes right now is a Ayn Rand faggot, which is the VERY OPPOSITE OF SUPERMAN'S IDEALS.
>>
>>67777898
>I've only recently started reading some of their alternate timeline pieces, and yeah they're really damn good.

There is a reason DC alt timelines read so well and feel so fresh.

nu52 fuckup up the main dcu beyond repair
>>
>>67777619
If you had reading comprehension, you would realize that my post made no implication that the power level was the focus of the character. Rather I was pointing out how the power level is a problematic point for how the character can be portrayed visually on screen.
Chris Reeves can be endearing as all hell, but all conflict scenes always end up looking shitty or untrue to the character.
>>
>>67777755

This.

People like Superman as an icon and symbol, but when you make a movie like Reeves or Superman Returns people end up whining that it is too boring.

People want to see Superman punch people in the face and be an angsty faggot.
>>
>>67778029
>People want to see Superman punch people in the face and be an angsty faggot.
so then what's wrong with Man of Steel?

tbqh i think they did him right in that movie
>>
>>67778029
>People want to see Superman punch people in the face and be an angsty faggot.

no we dont

the max landis comic has been universally derided, as well as the snyder adaptations.
>>
>>67778029
But you don't have to compromise Superman's character to do that.

In fact, Superman movies should be HIGH CINEMA, because all of Superman's problems are the problems that can't be solved by punching. If Superman can punch a problem he can fix it. What he can't fix as easily are the problems that don't involve punching--his relationships with his wife/girlfriend, his loyalty to his friends, his dilemma of being a very normal man with the powers of a god.

Superman movies should be high art. Superman has more dramatic potential than every other hero.
>>
>>67778076

He was mopy, emo and gloomy as fuck in that too

And the whole angle they were going for only works if he is an established force in that universe which he wasn't
>>
>>67778076
>so then what's wrong with Man of Steel?

only the end

make him not kill zod and not kill a spy satellite and its a perfectly good superman movie
>>
File: superman2.jpg (51 KB, 780x319) Image search: [Google]
superman2.jpg
51 KB, 780x319
I'm not ashamed to admit that I love Superman 2 and as a kid I thought this scene (and all other action scenes to be honest) was spectacular.
>>
>>67778097

I think the Landis comic has been good, but I'm more into those types of standalone comics than the ones with ongoing storylines that get dumber and dumber.
>>
>>67778221
read Kingdom Come and/or Justice

both are limited series that take on alt versions of superman/JL and give better depictions than most ongoings
>>
>>67776984
Yes, even.
All Marvel's flicks are acclaimed, can you imagine if they do capekino? World would explode. That's why the dont even try to compete with DC.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.