[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is Mel Gibson's best movie(s)? Personally I would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: 1459572080377.jpg (230 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
1459572080377.jpg
230 KB, 800x1200
What is Mel Gibson's best movie(s)?

Personally I would say his best are a tie between Braveheart and The Patriot.
>>
>>67772601
Oh and this includes movies he directed.
>>
>>67772601
Mad Max 2 is GOAT Mel Gibson
>>
>>67772601
I loved the shit out of Apocalypto. I wish he did more stuff.
>>
The director's commentary on Braveheart is GOAT.
>>
>>67772601
Do you truly live /tv/?
>>
>>67772601
Road Warrior > Braveheart > Lethal Weapon > Patriot > Lethal Weapon 2
>>
>>67772754
+1
>>
>>67772601
i never had the nerve those bitchasslong hero movies.

Mad Max 1-2
Leathal weapon
Maverick

are GOAT tho
>>
>>67772915
watch them

they will inspire you to make something of your life for a little bit at least
>>
passion
>>
>>67772831
What does anon mean?

>>67772843
Never saw Road Warrior, what was that about? I loved Braveheart, The Patriot, Apocalypto, Passion of the Christ, and Ransom. I loved seeing him with Gary Sinese, I think they have good synergy. Never was a fan of the Lethal Weapon movies, nothing wrong with the acting, just the plot didn't really catch me.
>>
File: preg_mel.jpg (33 KB, 201x365) Image search: [Google]
preg_mel.jpg
33 KB, 201x365
>>67772601
>>67772799

Even though I love the movie Braveheart this guy's review of the movie gets me every time. He needs to seriously write movie reviews for a living.

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=five_shitty_movies

>2. Braveheart
>Synopsis: a portly Mel Gibson stumbles around in poorly choreographed battle scenes in which the camera men can't hold their cameras still long enough for you to realize the extras in the background are standing around with their dicks in their hands.

>I'm sure if you're a fan of Braveheart you're probably saying "BUT MADOX YOU ARE MISSING THE POINT OF THE MOVIE, WHO CARES ABOUT CAMERA WORK LOL?" >Everyone always thinks the battle scenes in this movie were awesome; even people who didn't like the movie say "...but the battle scenes were done well." What the hell do you know about battle scenes? You're a team manager for an insurance company, go manage something. People watch Mel Gibson running around with his bitch tits for a few hours and they suddenly think they're experts on swordery (swordery is like sorcery with swords).

>Why does every battle scene in the universe have to have a shaky cam? Just whose view point are we seeing this from anyway? Wow, the cam is shaky, I feel like I'm right in the battle, looking through the eyes of some idiot who can't fight, yet he still can't focus on an object for more than a few seconds. Hey assholes, here's an idea: how about the perspective of someone who got stabbed in the face? The camera would just sit there staring up at the blue sky as an occasional limb would come flying across, or someone would trip over his body. That would be tits.

>Speaking of tits, did Mel Gibson look pregnant throughout the whole movie or what? Check out this profile:
>On the left is an actual pregnant woman. On the right is an actual pregnant Mel Gibson.
By the way, the picture above was not photoshopped; the pregnant woman didn't have blades of grass covering her feet in this scene. I rule.
>>
>>67772601
Passion of the Christ is what turned Mel Gibson from merely good to legendary for me. Everything else is forgettable.

Especially Braveheart is so kitsch and ahistorical basically in every scene it breaks immersion.
>>
File: braveheart.jpg (57 KB, 403x335) Image search: [Google]
braveheart.jpg
57 KB, 403x335
FREEDOOOOMMMMMMMMMM
>>
apocalypto without a doubt

braveheart is great, but it's too historically incorrect. the patriot is too cheesy, but still good somehow
>>
>>67774245
>it's too historically incorrect.
Where and how? They got it right down to even the gay son Edward II
>>
The Patriot is so fucking corny.
>>
>>67774245
who gives a shit about "historical accuracy" in hollywood movies
i sure as shit don't
>>
>>67772601
Best movie he starred in, or directed?

Starred: The Road Warrior.
Directed: Apocalypto.
>>
>>67774376
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojBwASARAzo

This doesn't even touch on stuff like equipment/battle scenes.
>>
File: What-Women-Want_4384_25.jpg (27 KB, 300x435) Image search: [Google]
What-Women-Want_4384_25.jpg
27 KB, 300x435
>>
>>67772601
He didn't fucking make the Patriot
>>
>>67774518

It's a problem when people start accepting the Hollywood myth as historical fact, that is not the fault of the film though. That's people. It could be argued that filmmakers have a responsibility to history but it's not an argument I give a shit about.
>>
>>67775736

He didn't say the best movies he made himself, just his best movie.
>>
>>67775755
It's not his movie
He didn't fucking make it
>>
>>67775798

This is one of the most autistic posts I've ever seen. Like really, not just the meme.

Plenty of people refer to movies by the lead actor. "An Elvis movie", for example.

Maybe relax a bit there chief.
>>
>>67775842
And those people are retarded. They're called normies and they don't even like movies
>>
File: 1459572114250.jpg (275 KB, 1075x1078) Image search: [Google]
1459572114250.jpg
275 KB, 1075x1078
>>67772831
N-no
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.