[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Someones criticism of a movie is that "the time travel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: homer chew.jpg (45 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
homer chew.jpg
45 KB, 480x360
>Someones criticism of a movie is that "the time travel isn't realistic enough!"
>>
>>67771410
Give an example of this ever happening.
>>
>>67771481
Terminator
Back to the Future
>>
>>67771481
literally any movie with time travel

>WELL IF A HAPPENED WHY DIDN'T B
>IF X CAN AFFECT Y, WHY DIDN'T IT AFFECT Z

Technically OP misunderstands a desire for consistent logic as whining about realism, as he's a mental midget, so maybe you were commenting on his phrasing, but there you go.
>>
>>67771620
Time travel literally can't have consistent internal logic because it doesn't fucking exist
>>
>>67771680
I don't even know where to begin with this. Household autonomous robots don't exist either but if the bots in I, Robot got the signal from Vicki and grew guns out their faces, people would have said "where the fuck did the guns come from, this is stupid" not "oh it's okay, that kind of robot don't real so all fine lmao"
>>
>>67771481
looper

because the time travel in that movie is retarded
>>
>real zombies are slow, not fast
>real zombies
>>
File: 1458787851356.jpg (12 KB, 470x313) Image search: [Google]
1458787851356.jpg
12 KB, 470x313
>>67771410
>"The Purge was shit. Not because of it's storyline or weakly developed characters, but because it wouldn't happen in real life"
>>
>>67772173

it's supposed to be based in the real world but they never even bother to thoroughly explain how it came about or how it became an accepted practice so how am I supposed to suspend my disbelief?
>>
why do all these youtube reviewers only focus on superficial shit like plot holes
>>
>>67771882
this all the way

same shit with people saying "oh it doesn't matter if its not realistic, the movie isn't supposed to be realistic"

so how come the movie isn't just people floating through space with cocks on their head shooting lasers out their dicks?
>>
>>67772565

Smart when it comes to logic, so plot holes and inconsistencies are easy for them to point out

but emotionally dumb due to being a manchild, so discussing characters, themes, and acting is to much for them

So autism pretty much
>>
>>67772703
10/10 would see
>>
>>67771910
Found the dumbass
>>
>>67772703
>so how come the movie isn't just people floating through space with cocks on their head shooting lasers out their dicks?
If that served the movie, then fine.
>>
>>67772340
It's already stated it began in the early 2000s at the very least
It's alternative history/speculative fiction, not "real life"
>>
File: 1456684611968.jpg (65 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1456684611968.jpg
65 KB, 768x1024
>>67771410
>someone's criticism of the movie is "hurr durr the character's weren't 100% super intelligent all the time and made stupid illogical mistakes occasionally like real people sometimes do!"

prometheusus
>>
>>67772340
>it's supposed to be based in the real world but they never even bother to thoroughly explain how it came about

Guaranteed there will be a prequel explaining this.
>>
>>67771410
The joke about time travel fiction is that there is no time travel involved, and you should treat the story as the linear progression that it is. The 'past' and the 'future' are just thematic continuations of the present.
>>
>>67771410
magic and monsters arent plot they're characters. time travel is plot and its contradictory.

>joe kills himself before he's born
ridiculous

>he traveled in time to do it
oh well thats fine
except its not
>>
>>67771481
Any movie with time travel that isn't going forward through time as normal, unless they've moving at relativistic speeds.
>>
>>67772921
>he is so stupid that he cannot even fathom how many errors there are in looper
wow. I honestly did not think it was possible for someone so stupid to exist
>>
>>67773011
>"We equipped and launched an interstellar investigation at literally astronomical expense and herculean effort. On it, we sent average morons without the sense God gave the common dog."

>Prometheus
>Interstellar
>Europa Report
>>
>>67771620
>commenting on his phrasing
Pretty much.
>>
>>67773200
Interstellar was a last-ditch effort with literally just people they had on hand.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.