[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This part was honestly more retarded than anything in the prequels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: pIAiC.jpg (117 KB, 768x431) Image search: [Google]
pIAiC.jpg
117 KB, 768x431
This part was honestly more retarded than anything in the prequels

>tentacle monsters
>shitty slapstick humor
>Han Solo being retarded
>>
>>67759057
>More retarded than a conversation literally about literally sand.
>>
felt like doctor who
>>
Felt like GotG
>>
>>67759057
that costume design is horrid
>>
>put the 2 dudes from the raid in it
>they have 0 screen time and don't use up that screen time by fighting something
for what purpose
>>
>>67759167
Indeed.

Anything that wasn't directly taken from the OT looked like shit.
>>
It made me sad to see Han Solo run like an old man. It was like seeing Willis mays fall trying to round second base :(
>>
Its almost as if originality trumps nostalgia
>>
When I heard some of thr characters from the Raid were gonna be it, I was so fucking hyped. After watching that scene I was fucking pissed.
>>
The only thing I wanted for this movie was to not feel like the Star Trek reboot. This was the only scene that did.

It was a shit scene but didn't ruin the overall experience for me.

7/10
>>
>>67759186
The big baddie from Raid 2 is the guy in the middle-back.
>>
it felt so insanely out of place, like JJ was going out of his way to make sure he had a stamp on the film
>>
>>67759284
The entire section felt so out of the place.

The metal walls literally looked plastic. No idea why they didn't cut this whole part out.
>>
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 342x422) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 342x422
>>67759057
>I hate quick and harmless action setpieces
>>
>>67759309
Because then Han would have no reason to leave the ship and go get help from Maz.
>>
It was no more or less retarded than the sarlac scenes from RotJ though.
>>
>>67759327
It was a shit action setpiece that made Han Solo out to be a joke character.
>>
>>67759345
han solo was always a joke character
>>
>>67759345
>my Star Wars characters are srs business
>Han Solo totally isn't just Indiana Jones in space!

lighten up my man.
>>
>>67759367
>>67759365
He wasn't a completely useless bumbling idiot before. Now he's there just to allow the new characters to use his ship.
>>
>>67759410
Cell block scene.

Every "cool" thing he did in the OT was someone else's plan. Everything that went horribly wrong was his plan.
>>
I'll give you that Op, closely followed bt the 2nd worst sequence ... The Maz Kanata scene
>>
>>67759410
He wasn't a bumbling idiot here either.
>>
>>67759432
>not remembering han saving luke and by extension the rebellion in ANH
>not remembering han blasting vader the moment he sees him
>not remembering his "i know" to leias "i love you"
>>
>>67759057
racist too
>>
>>67759057

I loved this scene. Very true to the Han Solo character.
>>
>>67759057
I went to the bathroom during this scene so I still have no idea what happened to The Raid guys.
>>
>all 5 managed to escape the Rathtars and the 2 gangs
>makes the jump to light speed from the hangar
>completely useless bumbling idiot
>>
>>67759057
this scene is so out of place. even on my first viewing, I was like 'huh? am i watching Star Wars still?"

This feels like it belongs in a Guardians of the Galaxy or Star Trek movie. It kinda baffles me how this was approved for Star Wars.
>>
>>67759410
>He wasn't a completely useless bumbling idiot before

But that's exactly what he was in ROTJ.
>>
> we are make our universe seem bigger and appeal to the asian market club
what did he mean by this?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.