[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>/tv/ thinks this is a good film >30 minutes of nothing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
>/tv/ thinks this is a good film
>30 minutes of nothing at the start

remind me why I take you fucks seriously again
>>
>>67758600
Because it's the greatest sic-fi film ever made.
>>
When did nothing happen? Everything was happening. Are you confused, Matthew?
>>
File: 1459120385675.jpg (101 KB, 1024x904) Image search: [Google]
1459120385675.jpg
101 KB, 1024x904
>main guy realizes robot is the bad guy
>"time to kill the robot" scene
>aww yeah now he's gonna grab a gun or some bombs and fuck him up
>last action scene was that shitty monkey part at the beginning
>he slowly opens pop cans while the robot sings
Couldn't even make it through that hippy trippy thing.
>>
>>67758600
The opening act, along with the others, has fantastic cinematography, music, and nonverbal plot communication. Most people struggle with the movie the first couple times, just go into it knowing that it's about consciousness, and that monolith, somehow, acts as a catalyst for great spontaneous leaps in the evolution of the human mind. The apes evolve to humans, and Dave evolves into the starchild, which is an abstraction of what it would actually be. Fantastic movie, changed the way I view films profoundly. Due for a rewatch too.
>>
>>67758762
I hope for your sake this is bait. It would be a shame if you were actually retarded.
>>
People who worship this movie are contrarians. That's all it is. There's 10 minutes where you just watch a space station float. There's 5 minutes where you just watch a shuttle fly from A to B and nothing else, not dialogue, nothing.

The Mission has merit. The rest of the film is waste of time.
>>
File: 1344057990773.jpg (79 KB, 402x600) Image search: [Google]
1344057990773.jpg
79 KB, 402x600
>30 minutes of nothing at the start

I really hope this is bait, but knowing just how stupid most of the underage posters are nowadays I can't help but feel some people are just a lost cause.
>>
File: I'll say.jpg (18 KB, 336x277) Image search: [Google]
I'll say.jpg
18 KB, 336x277
>>67758752
Oh, don't remind me of him. I hate him so much.
>>
>>67759080
>People who worship this movie are contrarians.
It's one of the most critically acclaimed films of all time.
>>
>>67759080
>People who worship this movie are contrarians.

Contrarians? On /tv/? Really?

You and OP are right about the monkey scenes being boring but I love everything else about the movie.
>>
>>67758600
>I'll just shit on a classic example well regarded cinema that is also popular for guaranteed replies
You're a plen looking for you's and probably dont' even watch movies or even care to find out about why your'e wrong. In short, kill your self with a gun.
>>
>>67758806
It was a satirical commentary on our contemporary movie going culture.
>>
>>67758762
Not so wise there, Dennis.
>>
>>67759203
>>67759221
>>67759235
It's a good movie, but let's admit it's very overrated. There's some amazing things in it, and some genuinely great scenes, but overall it's just not that engaging a film. Kubrick was overindulgent in his special effects, and it shows. Does not qualify for best Kubrick film by miles and miles.
>>
>>67758600
>Skip the first 30 minute monkey bit
>Skip any scene about anything floating that goes on for more than a minute
>Skip the "symbolism" bullshit at the end

There, I saved you about 1hr 30 minutes and made it in to a good film.
>>
Ape parts are the best part imo
>>
>>67759080
>People who worship this movie are contrarians

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_1968_box_office_number-one_films_in_the_United_States

the only people who didn't like it were Jew York critics up their own ass
>>
>>67759203
>>67761013
>if I find more people that agree with me, that'll invalidate his stance for sure!
>>
File: 2001_space_odyssey_fg2b.jpg (171 KB, 720x467) Image search: [Google]
2001_space_odyssey_fg2b.jpg
171 KB, 720x467
>>67761106
>Box Office Success
>Loved by critics
>Loved by film historians
>Alchemical/Occult masterpiece
>Still gets played on Netflix
>Only Contrarians like it

K
>>
>hurr monkeys
>there's no white buff dude going "lets kick some ass!" so it's nothing
>implying the fucking dawn of man is nothing

It's a simple-ass fucking story. How can you not get that first part?
>>
>>67760860
You also removed the movie.
>>
LSD was a lot better back when this film came out. Back then people would drop acid, and sit in a dark room for three hours and just stare at all the trippy colors. (And that's before they even start showing the previews for upcoming features. Notice how I went out of my way not to use the term "Trailers"?)
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.