[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Batman vs Superman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 8
I actually liked it.

Given the reactions I've been seeing on here I was expecting worse.

I was also expecting batman to be straight up executing people, but he didn't. He isn't any different to dubs guys Batman.

Wonderwoman was good, too.

I didn't think the 'setting-up' was heavy handed. It felt natural to me.

Luthor was the worst part by far.
>>
File: bateman batman 1.jpg (3 KB, 280x200) Image search: [Google]
bateman batman 1.jpg
3 KB, 280x200
>>67758578
I would agree that the reactions on here were heavily exaggerated but I do feel like it just didn't gel as a whole. Somehow it just didn't feel like a movie should. There were good parts to it but many more bad parts as well. Really just a mixed bag. 5/10 imo.
>>
>>67758578
I liked it too. Went into it expecting the worst movie ever, and came out pleasantly surprised. I'll watch it again on Bluray, but I'm going to duck out of the thread now before the shit posters wake up. Enjoy the rest of your night Jack and Allan!
>>
I will never understand why people hate on capeshit for being capeshit.
What were you expecting?
>>
>>67758578
Glad you liked it, OP, The more time that passes, the happier I am with it, too. There's a lot there to digest.
>>
Depending on what is in the DC cut, a fan edit of it could great even if they just remove or move the flash nightmare thing to the end
>>
>>67761931
Actually I'd say people hated BvS because it was a bit different, it got a lot of flack for being too dour while Marvel films get a lot of praise. Not saying critics are wrong, but you can see which style is more in vogue.

>>67763054
I agree, even setting aside the symbolism I think it's well-written dramatically. That courtroom scene was tense as fuck, and Bruce's hate for Supes was set up really well. But the plot was so fast-paced that I get why it didn't work for a lot of people.
>>
>>67764203
That is the real problem. Pretty much everyone I know didn't like this one very much for that same reason. Seems to me people have come to expect capeshit to be Marvel-esque in tone.
>>
File: BvS prank bro.gif (4 MB, 346x160) Image search: [Google]
BvS prank bro.gif
4 MB, 346x160
>>
>>67764287
I find it a bit ironic, because I thought the message of BvS was much more uplifting than most marvel films. Because despite all the horrible stuff that happens like in real life there's a way forward.

>>67764358
That was a great visual gag.
>>
>>67764287
For all the shit memes and trolling that goes on around here, I'm actually enjoying some of these threads. Actual civil discussion for the most part. That said, I can safely say I enjoyed BvS far more than anything MCU (despite its flaws and despite Snyder)
>>
>>67764287
>>67764203

For me like 25% of enjoyment came from that there were none of those fucking quips 100% of the time. In Avengers 2 they became really tiring. Fucking Ultron and Vision quipping with every goddamn line.

For me BvS worked. I get why people dislike Bat/Man of Murder but in my headcanon this is a different universe. Lex was a mixed bag: I kinda liked that they tried to portray him as a little bit silly to conceal his masterplan but on the other hand he was pretty shitty.
>>
I think a big criticism of it is the pacing, first time round it was a little hard to follow but I recently got out of the second viewing and enjoyed it as it didnt feel as rushed.
All round good movie, I liked it
>>
I didn't really like it as much as I didn't hate it, at least I now know that Afflecks batman movie will be great as long as snyder stays as far away as possible
>>
Honestly I envy people who liked it. I wanted to like it, I really did. But I hated pretty much everything about it except Ben. I honestly wanted to walk out of the theater towards the end.
>>
>>67764906
Tell me why.
>>
>>67758578
It was okay

But a movie that dumb shouldn't take itself so seriously
>>
It was a complete mess, it felt like 4 films folded into 1 with and hour of footage removed
>>
The film was literally too dark

I swear 90% of it was filmed either at night time or in a dark room
>>
>>67760733
Personally i'm hoping the bad parts are a bit better in the Snydercut
>>
>>67765135
This is a good summary

There was so much schizophrenic jumping between characters and settings (and fucking dream sequences) that it was a real chore to sit through

It's a shame because deep down the movie could have been really good (loved the opening sequence with the alternate view of MoS)
>>
>>67765822
>There was so much schizophrenic jumping between characters and settings (and fucking dream sequences
literally slapping you in the face
>>
>>67765822
Piss poor editing. Practically no establishing shots, scenes just started suddenly. My least favorite thing about the movie tbqhfamalam
>>
I remember one part Perry was like "WHERE THE FUCK IS CLARK" and then they show his empty chair so you think the next scene is going to involve Clark but instead they switch to Lois doing stuff with the bullet.... There are so many other scenes like that in the movie.

>>67766213
>no establishing shots, scenes just started suddenly
This. I can't even remember what came before but I know there was a scene where Bruce is starring at his Bat suit with a serious face while really dramatic music plays and it was completely out of place with the scene that came before. The music and everything just suddenly changed and it was like wtf is going on.
>>
>>67764358
Bats should have stared stoically like when batmobile was torn.

Reddit tier scene.
>>
the fight was terrible.
they just threw some lame punches and then it was over
>>
I saw 30% on RT a while back.
Went into the movie with the lowest expectations possible because people kept shitting on it.

Came out and was kinda blown away at how wrong I was. I would give it like 83%. Guess I'm with the smallest minority with this. I had 0 problems with the story or any of the characters to be honest.

People keep saying that the story is a mess but what does that mean? Is it too complicated for you? It was really simple actually. This is one of those movies where I don't understand why so many people hate it. I think it has to do with people being butthurt, but that's just the regular internet for you.

I'm happy I saw it.
>>
>>67766300
that fucking bullet

Maybe I missed something but I still have no idea how it was relevant to the story
>>
>>67766428
>Went into the movie with the lowest expectations possible because people kept shitting on it.
>Came out and was kinda blown away
this has been a pattern
>>
>>67758578
>I was also expecting batman to be straight up executing people, but he didn't. He isn't any different to dubs guys Batman.

Even Snyder says he made a conscious choice to have Batman be a ruthless murderer to show the effect Superman's death has on him towards the end. It's why he didn't brand Lex. You're literally disagreeing with THE DIRECTOR.
>>
>>67766474
lois's story slowly uncovers lex's manipulation
>>
>every time soneone talks about the quality of a capeshit movie they only ever refer to actor performances
What is there to see in these movies? Why do people watch them? What is the point?
>>
>>67764287
Except people liked the Dark Knight Trilogy, Kick-Ass, Deadpool, and Watchmen.

BvS isn't unpopular because of its dark tone, it's unpopular because it's shit. Moron.
>>
>>67758578
I don't think most of the people on this board actually watched the movie. I watched it yesterday and liked it. Bin Al-Flecka was a good batman. I don't know why this board makes it into Marvel vs DC when there's room in our hearts for both.
>>
>>67766428
Rotten Tomatoes doesn't work the way you think it does. Most critics don't think it's a 30% movie. RT only tracks if a review is positive or negative. And a lot of the negative reviews are actual mixed receptions that the site doesn't distinguish between genuine dislike.

It's hilarious watching people rail against critics, when they mostly agree on how good the movie is.
>>
>>67766545
>Deadpool
>dark tone

maybe dark for a marvel movie
>>
>>67766589
what's up with the perception that critics hate it then? what the fuck
>>
>>67766545
>Kick-Ass
>Deadpool

>dark tone
You're a fucking idiot.
>>
I hope the next Batman director will be a liberal.
The last two Batman filmmakers have found it impossible to disguise their right-wing political sympathies, Nolan demonstrating his anti-Occupy, pro-surveillance, neo-liberal tendencies on TDK trilogy for the Bush/post-9/11 era, and Snyder now giving us his fascistic, ultra-macho vision for the age of Trump.

Hopefully, progressive comic-book-movie fans like myself can look forward to something more to our liking in the next big-screen iteration of Batman. It's a long time now since Burton's quirky, anti-establishment vision of the character...
>>
>>67766632
>>67766618

I was pointing out movies with a different tone from the Marvel films, not necessarily dark films. Kick-Ass and Deadpool are both ultra-violent, R-rated satires of the genre, far different from the bright and color earnesty of Marvel productions.

Good job completely ignoring the point that people are fine with humorless, dark capeshit movies when they are done well. Case in point, the X-Men movies are about as funny as bowel cancer and the costumes look like funeral clothes for Matrix fans. People still like them.
>>
The only part that was legit bad was the fight at the end with doomsday because the movie was basically over (batman realized superman wasn't a monster)

It was just unnessary and felt rushed (they jump pretty quick to nukes)

Other wise it's a B movie .
>>
File: 1458772048687.jpg (133 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1458772048687.jpg
133 KB, 1280x720
>>67758578
Saw it for a second time tonight.
I was surprised with more than half of the cinema being filled up.

Anyway I felt the movie being more slow than the first viewing. I still loved all the Affleck scenes but yeah Batman's batmobile carnage should have come a lot longer in the film. Jeremy Irons shud hav had more screen time.

I loved Fishburne's presence, his lines were still comical about the newspapers (he shud hav gotten more screen time).

I appreciated the Batman dream fight more - never have I seen in a film a before, a 30+ second fight without ANY cuts, that was REALLY well choreographed. Love when Batman lends a hand and tried to pick someone up during the fight.

The music as always is a 10/10. Blows the Dark Knight soundtrack completely away! A shame Zimmer won't be making the JL soundtrack. So hope his friend Junkie XL will make it :)

I can't wait to watch Flash's own movie. Loved how calm he looked in the robbery scene. He has great charisma (weird to say even tho he was only in it for a few seconds lol).

The opening like first viewing was always really well filmed. Snyder always has 100% cinematography in his films.

I wish the CGI for Doomsday was better. You could tell Batman, WW and Superman had some tiny CGI moments when they moved fast in the air (obs is hard to do this with real actors or stunts if they jump 10 metres in air or are thrown).

The Doomsday fire eyes is still cool and so was Superman's eyes.

I do understand Snyder's intention to make the first half politically strong with no action BUT the problem is so many went to theatres wanting to see BvS.

BvS could have been a sequel to this easily and then everyone wud have loved it to bits but yeah I understand so many not appreciating the slow pacing at first half.
>>
>>67765822
The dream sequences were the best part! Idk why so many hate it.
>>
>>67766716
Actually, x-men movies are pretty light-hearted in parts, there are a few quips, and it's underpinned by triumphant happiness
>>
>>67766716
>humorless, dark capeshit movies
Literally none of what you said applies to Deadpool and Kickass. Both of those have their fair share of humour, especially Deadpool in which constant fourth wall breaking lol so wacky humour is what makes ot appealing to normalfags.

If you want an actual humourless violent capeshit movie that is done really well then check out Dredd, and we all know how well it did on the box office.
>>
>>67767103
>Literally none of what you said applies to Deadpool and Kickass.

I would argue that they certainly have their dark elements, especially when it comes to the violence, but once again, I was simply pointing out films with a different tone than those from Marvel. I'm not suggesting that those movies are humorless, they are very obviously comedic.
>>
>>67765102
>dumb
>he didn't get it

BvS is a lot of things. Dumb is not one of them.
>>
>>67764906
I felt sorry for those who brought their children. I mean, I enjoyed the movie for what it is: a religious symbolic political thriller with Batman and Superman.

Kids obs wanted to JUST see batman fighting Superman. As this film was made to look like. But instead is a more adult themed drama.
>>
>>67758578
For those who dont understand Supes dying, well as Snyder said he wants Batman to be the one to assemble the JL and not Supes. (Cos Snyder is more of a Batman fan as I am) and it be hard for Batman to assemble them with Supes getting in the way.
>>
>>67767325
>i failed him in life, i won't fail him in death
you're absolutely right my man
>>
Why is it that Snyder has made the three best capeshit films ever but gets shit on so much?
>>
>>67758578
Be sure of one thing though. Your first impression will get worse next time you see it on your home screen.
>>
>>67767442
Because his films are too big for little minds
>>
>>67761931
People expect more because cinema plays on that in general, whatever the type of movie.
>>
>>67767325
Supes in BvS wasn't a leader. He's just a farmboy who is just trying to do the right thing. When he puts on his costume he's just playing the God but Clark Kent is who he really is not some indestructible alien.

Its the opposite in the comics.
>>
>>67758578
Why does every super hero see their parents die!?
>>
>>67767524
Maybe, I mean everyone talks about the phallic imagery in MoS but doesn't talk about why he put it there. The whole movie is quite literally a metaphor for the pregnancy and birth of Superman
>>
>>67767578
I like that about this Superman, he isn't the image we put forth of him, he isn't that boyscout even though people see him as such, he's just a man trying to do the right thing.
>>
File: 1459459847579.jpg (24 KB, 720x320) Image search: [Google]
1459459847579.jpg
24 KB, 720x320
>>67758578
Damm cant believe the hot asian got blown up.. lex purposely told her to go inside knowing she wud die.. WHY!?? She smiled at him sensually and obs had feelings for him so WHY kill her?

Damm he sure is such a cold psychopath!
>>
>>67766515
This is Arow S2 logic tier. Hope he will continue killing, or they change his BvS sequences with non-lethal takedowns and rubber bullets. Hope Zack wouldn't be stupid.
>>
>>67758578
>Luthor was the worst part by far.

Ruined the movie for me.

The most unthreatening, annoying faggot ever.
>>
>>67767625
>he literally killed mercy
>>
>>67766515

Except Snyder likened it more to manslaughter, that Bats didn't go in with plans to kill, but if some dudes died, oh well.

He also weighed the lives of an innocent against the life of a criminal, with the flamethrower guy.

Basically, he's just a shitload more pragmatic than most other depictions. The reason for him not branding Lex is because he realized he was heading down the slope to be a relentless killer, and he pulled himself away from it, to try and honor Superman's legacy.
>>
>>67758578
>Luthor was the worst part by far.
I keep hearing this but I didn't mind his character at all.

The worse part was the dream sequences and flash backs. They were so fucking retarded and unnecessary. Overall it was a pretty good movie though.
>>
File: images.jpg (28 KB, 312x471) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
28 KB, 312x471
>>67767594
This film has tons of religious symbolism:
*Lex's angels and demons painting
*Batman being chained up by 2 guys by his side in the dream sequence
*Lex's God quotes, his quotes at his party detailing Prometheus stealing knowledge from Zeus and paying the price for
*The way WW and Batman pass Superman down to Lois mimmicks the Jesus painting of bringing his body down from cross
*Jesus and Superman being pierced by a spear
*Superman dying as all cry for him, but soon he will rise from the dead - and be a part of the holy trinity, being next to Batman and Wonder Woman
*The deleted scene: Lex having a 'communion' like ritual as he summons up a demonic like beast
>>
>>67760733

This

When the movie worked, it really worked, but in some places it just dragged and was a chore to sit through

Mainly what stuck out to me were all the scenes with the senator lady and anything having to do with the dumb African village incident, including Lois Adams talking to the General.
>>
>>67767873
The bit with Lex going down elevator with some wind machine blowing his hair looked awesome aha want a gif of that
>>
>>67767999

Also check mah trips
>>
>>67767999
>when the movie worked, it really worked
Trips confirm truth
>>
>>67767999
>Mainly what stuck out to me were all the scenes with the senator lady
Really? I thought those were amazing. The courtroom scene is textbook dramatic tension, very well done. And someone standing up to Lex really showed how malicious he really is, you get a bunch of important info about him in those scenes, like mentions of his father, and saying power can't be innocent.
>>
>>67767708
Ahhhhh another symbolic term from based Snyder.

Thanx anon for pointing that out
>>
>>67758578
Why did Snyder cut out that trailer clip of the thug who kills' Bruces' parents taking his gun out? We only see a POV of him doing that in movie version
>>
>>67765135
Shitty meme
>>
>>67768076
>The courtroom scene is textbook dramatic tension
there's a lot of precise use of camera work to convey meaning, my examples being the party scene with it's choreographed performances and the final fight with it's hyperrealist fantasy dream aesthetic.
the batman scene
>starts from the outside moves inside
>the women interacting with the cops, already a lot of information not only about what is going on but about batman, his city, how he's perceived, how he works
>screams heard the whole time
>cop goes upward, camera blurs then reveals the branded criminal, only to turn over the shoulder into a haunting reveal of batman and the sort of demon like movement he displays as he disappears
>>
>>67767990
right, but what i'm saying is that Snyder is overt in showing these but usually has more than just a surface level allusion going on
>>
>>67768543
i firmly believe that superman's death not only works logically within the narrative of the movie but for us and our concept of... well, christianity
>>
>>67768511
Yeah, that scene was really dramatic, genuinely had me feeling creeped out.
>>
>>67768612
It's built up to it, so yes
>>
>>67764906

TELL ME ABOUT BEN, WHY DOES HE SAVE THE MOVIE?
>>
>>67766666

Haha fuck off, Superdevil
>>
>>67768057
She was one of the worst parts of the movie.
>>
>>67766813

Doomsday was the least necessary part of the movie by far, I never read the comics but I assume he wasn't a brainless Hulk rip off either.
>>
>>67764906
i completely agree with you. I honestly think Affleck is the best Batman to date.

Fight me.
>>
>>67767680
>>67767680
I agree with Flesh.
>>
>>67768822
Fuck off she is brilliant and the 60% of people that went to see this movie mostly for her presence proves it
>>
>>67768707
Because he is simply awesome in it! He is the Batman/Bruce that we've all been waiting for.

He makes Bale look so weak and out of place as the Dark Knight.
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.