[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rome vs. Deadwood
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: rome_deadwood[2].jpg (278 KB, 1198x822) Image search: [Google]
rome_deadwood[2].jpg
278 KB, 1198x822
Which one was the GOAT series?

http://www.strawpoll.me/7254910
>>
That's tough, I'd say Rome because even though they crammed two seasons into the 2nd it had closure. They just left us hanging with Deadwood.

Fucking HBO.
>>
Deadwood had better villains and was way more hardcore.

So good.
>>
>>67754852

Are you a mobster?
>>
Deadwood felt more real and the characters were better acted in general.
>>
Deadwood recycled actors. Automatic fail
>>
ALL MOCKERY OF THE JEWS AND THEIR ONE GOD IS TO BE KEPT TO AN APPROPRIATE MINIMUM

>>67755029
This. It was kinda weird that the guy who killed Wild Bill just shows up again like he got out of rehab.
>>
>>67755029
I didn't know any of the actors before deadwood other than Kieth Carradine.
>>
>>67755029
and he was brilliant in both roles
most people (me included) didn't even notice until a second viewing or until someone told them anyways.
>>
>>67755252
Then you are autistic. Take your face blindness and get out.
>>
>>67755320
I am probably a bit autistic but really no one I know who watched the series noticed until I told them about it.
>>
>>67755252
I just thought he looked familiar until I looked him up. I probably wouldn't have known otherwise.
>>
THIRTEEN
>>
deadwood became a feel good show like mid season 2.
>>
>>67755252
Maybe it worked during the original airing but that guy has been a that guy in a million things since then and watching it now he sticks out like a sore thumb.

And that's a knock on the showrunner and producers for their lack of foresight and archaic and miserly approach to television making. It's not like they made a timeless classic anyway, since it was canceled, but they could have at least worked under a mentality where it might have been. There is no excuse for re-using an obviously talented -- as you admit -- actor whose first role in the series was prominent with several lines, as a different character later on. It was a ridiculous decision and there's no defense for it.
>>
Deadwood. Rome got fucked around in its second season so it turned into a bit of a mess.
>>
Rome is rewatchable, Deadwood not so much.
>>
>white male escapist power fantasies

Nah, we good senpai.
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 225x225
>>67754424
>all these fucking plebs choosing Rome
Rome was fucking great, but Deadwood is the single greatest television series in history. Sure Deadwood didn't have a proper ending, but at least it didn't suffer a thousand time jumps in three episodes and have the single most rushed ending ever.
>>
Deadwood was way better. Not even close, desu, and I like Rome a lot.
>>
I hate how Rome became Forrest Gump: 13th Legion Edition.

I think I can enjoy Deadwood more because I don't give a fuck about that place's history. All the ridiculous historical inaccuracies in Rome flare up my autism.
>>
>>67754424
Deadwood is objectively better, but I still prefer Rome because the setting interests me more.
>>
Both were extremely overrated and went to shit
>>
>>67754684
They planned Five Seasons with Rome.
>>
>>67757985
The people working on it was told near the end.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.