[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /tv/ think Hamilton would make a good movie? Like, im
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
Does /tv/ think Hamilton would make a good movie?

Like, imagine having a huge budget recreating battle scenes with blood and action and shit with this playing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ovje92D742s&index=18&list=PLUSRfoOcUe4avCXPg6tPgdZzu--hBXUYx
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 594x334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 594x334
Can't you hear me yell-a.
You put me through hell-a.
Steeeeelllllla Stella!
>>
>>67731691
why are musical numbers in the simpsons so based?

>I hate every ape I see
>from chimpan-a to chimpanzee
>>
>>67731332
I love the shout at "EVERYONE GIVEITUP FOR AMERICA'S FAVORITE FIGHTING FRENCHMAAAAAAAN"

But in all honesty I don't see it being really movie material, much as I love the show.
>>
They put an ad out for non-white actors. Pretty scummy
>>
>>67731892
But the whole point of the show is that it's black people talking about American history

It's like if you made a production of Hairspray and made the black kids white, makes no sense.

To be fair, this goes both ways: Don't cast Annie as black if that's not the fucking point.
>>
>>67731842
Yeah it might be too fast paced to be portrayed in a movie. There's some shit like Say No to This that would be amazing to see in a movie though I think.

>>67731892
>poorlittlewhiteboy.jpg
>>
>>67732020
>There's some shit like Say No to This that would be amazing to see in a movie though I think.
Personally I think Room Where it Happens could be fantastic as a sort of animated sequence, or at least a really stylized musical number.
>>
>>67732174
>Miranda
Heh
>>
>>67732174
shit yeah totally I can see that. anything with daveed diggs makes me cum.
>>
>>67731332
>HERE COMES THE JANITOR
Ladies and gentlemen!
>HERE COMES THE JANITOR
The moment you've been waiting for!
>HERE COMES THE JANITOR
The pride of Mom's Basement!
>HERE COMES THE--
LORD HOTPOCKETS!!
>>
>>67732430
Damn dude you should write broadway musicals.
>>
>>67732601
Ikr
>>
>>67731332

Yes, it would. I can't imagine that Lin-Manuel Miranda hasn't been approached about it, either, given the runaway success of the show.
>>
>>67733272
I know for a fact he's doing Moana for Disney right now (the one with The Rock as a demigod)
>>
>Lin-Manuel Miranda
>performs 8 times a week
>while also writing the Hamilton Bible
>while also writing Moana
>while also mixing the Hamilton Mixtape
>while also doing all those promotional duties

I made a good sandwich recently. that's about it.
>>
>>67734187
A friend of mine compared him to a much more capable Tommy Wiseau
>>
m-musicals thread anyone?
>>
>>67735320
Absolutely.

Just listened to Book Of Mormon all the way through last night, relatively unspoiled.
>tfw they explained what Hasa Diga Eebowie meant
I was fucking rolling.
>>
>>67734675
Thats a low bar.
>>
>>67733272
the broadway show is printing money
they won't do anything that could reduce demand for the show, so at best there might be a movie in ~10 years
>>
>>67736321
I guess so but the idea of one man having so much control over a project and one succeeding so well and the other...succeeding in a completely different way, I thought that was funny.
>>
>>67735928
i'm not a big book of mormon fan. matt and trey just don't make me laugh. dunno why.
>>
File: 1452110407625.jpg (71 KB, 782x684) Image search: [Google]
1452110407625.jpg
71 KB, 782x684
If the musical had a historically accurate cast and didn't utilize hip-hop, the infotainment industrial complex wouldn't be working so hard to convince people that it is their moral obligation to love it.
>>
>>67731332
i dont like it
>>
>>67736707
>if we took away the things that make it unique and innovative, it wouldn't be unique and innovative
>>
>>67731332
I'm willing to Wait For It.
>>
>>67731332
Going to this on Monday ;)

pretty excited desu
>>
>>67737355
how much were your tickets?

can you kiss Groffsauce on the lips for me?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.