[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's take a moment and be honest with ourselves. From
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6
File: honestly.png (348 KB, 740x596) Image search: [Google]
honestly.png
348 KB, 740x596
Let's take a moment and be honest with ourselves.

From a purely objective stance, do these scores make sense in relation to each other?
>>
>>67726072
No. Both movies are bloated, disjointed, overly ambitious let-downs.
>>
TDKR was a poorly written mess with an 80% less coherent script than BvS and a worse Batman
>>
No but Rises had a better plot and dialogue (mostly except the intro) than batman v superman, the characters are fleshed out more, but its not 87% but it's definitely not a rotten movie
>>
>>67726072
I personally dispised TDKR, but probably it was more due to the retards calling it smart and adult.
>>
>>67726112
My first sit through of TDKR was in theaters, when the emotion and power of the cinema makes it easier to overlook many criticisms

I still found myself audibly scoffing and snorting at the sheer asspulls of logic and massive plot-chasms nolan managed to create. I haven't been able to sit through it since.

There were times in BvS (also watched in IMAX) where I had moments of "ehh that's not so great. come on zack" but it was still enjoyable.

BvS is an objectively superior film on every level
>>
>>67726163
>Rises had a better plot and dialogue

Rises was a clusterfuck where every character was a complete moron and the source material was used as toilet paper

>Robin is your middle name? You should use that.
>oh ok lol
>>
TDKR was one of the worst movies I've seen at the cinema and literally the only reason it was so successful was because it was riding the wave TDK left behind.
>>
TDKR was somewhat of a letdown in comparison to the prior films, but it was still a great movie. Then again, I'm not retarded so this board has zero influence on my opinions.
>>
lot hole film "criticism" is the bane of online film discussion. Its been magnified in recent due the increasing amount of people whose first experience with somewhat intricate plots is video game. That format is completely ignorant to subtlety or critical themes. To illustrate, "How come I didn't get to play as Batman escaping the foreign country to return to Gotham?".

Now on the specific subject of BvS. It was a punishment exercise by critics. First off, if Nolan was not on the the tin, the DK trilogy would not get away with as much. The opposite applies here. Critics are having violent vitrolic reactions to Zack Snyder's conservative message and moral relativist themes, they are punishing him politically for those among others. They are very aggressive in doing so, many of bo reports following ow were on the cusp of calling audiences ignorant or stupid for going to see it "despite our review". Suddenly the role of critic is elevated to social commentator in the face of dissenting believes from the norm, inspiring the litany of colorfully written reviews.
>>
>>67726072
TDKR wasn't that great, but at least it was coherent
>>
>>67726632
>all cops go to this one tunnel right now
>>
>>67726112
>>67726157
>>67726200
>>67726304
>>67726328
TDKR isn't THAT bad. Stop using hyperbole. Anyone who says it's one of the worst films they've ever seen hasn't seen many films.
>>
>>67726847
that's coherent. Incoherent means you can't tell what's going on easily.
>>
>>67726471
only sensible post itt

You faggots have seen so much Baneposting you think this is actually a bad movie
>>
>>67726993
At least you can talk.
>>
>>67726243
Yeah no.
>>
Yes. TDKR is a good movie with a couple plot holes and acts as a mostly satisfying end to the trilogy. TDK series was dark and gritty batman but with an underlying theme of hope and self-sacrifice for the greater good.

BvS is an incoherent mess, scenes do not logically follow from each other, characters have unclear motivations and act like idiots, both Batman and Superman are mean, uncaring assholes who are impossible to root for.
>>
>>67726072
BvS is objectively in the top 29% of films, while TDKR lingers at the bottom 87th%
>>
File: SoldierGibson.jpg (29 KB, 385x477) Image search: [Google]
SoldierGibson.jpg
29 KB, 385x477
ALL FUCKING CAPESHIT POSTERS MUST FUCKING HANG
>>
>>67726993
Only one of those posters called it one of the worst films they've ever seen my man
>>
>>67726471
>>67727146
these
>>
>>67727195
Capeshit is television and film.
>>
>>67726072
Critics learn how to judge capeshit since TDKR.

If TDKR was released now it would be around 40%
>>
>>67726993
I didn't say either movie was bad, just that they have the same flaws and neither lived up to its hype.
>>
>>67727286
No capeshit is fucking shit
But you are correct in your statement, capeshit is /tv/ that's the only type of threads on here
>>
>>67726072
Not really, I enjoyed both almost equally.. I would ever go as far to say that BvS felt a little more like a comic book. But the short answer is, no BvS should be around the 70-75% score, why critics were so adamant to not give it a chance, beats me.
>>
File: image.jpg (93 KB, 640x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93 KB, 640x768
>>67727409
Capeshit is literally Television and Film.
>>
>>67727490
Go watch your shitty disney movies
>>
>>67727490
It wouldn't be so bad if 80% of /tv/ weren't superhero threads
>>
File: image.jpg (302 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
302 KB, 1200x1200
>>67727597
>>67727641
Superheroes are what's big right now. That's just the way it is. Deal with it, my man.
>>
File: 1458421697789-1.jpg (198 KB, 903x416) Image search: [Google]
1458421697789-1.jpg
198 KB, 903x416
>>67726072
Good comparison, considering they're literally parts 1 and 2 of the dark knight returns.
>>
>>67726072
TDKR rating would be around 7/10-7.5/10 for me, so no, RT score isn't that far off with TDKR.

And tv is retarded when it comes to batman movies. I see ppl claiming that TDKR was a mess while at the same time calling Batman Returns capekino. At this point, the extreme hate for TDKR here is just a meme to me.
>>
>>67726546
bane?
>>
File: 1451942748229.jpg (158 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1451942748229.jpg
158 KB, 720x480
>>67726243
>There were times in BvS (also watched in IMAX) where I had moments of "ehh that's not so great. come on zack" but it was still enjoyable.
>BvS is an objectively superior film on every level
>>
TDK was a sympathy vote over Ledger croaking. It wouldn't do so well today.
>>
>>67726072
>not understand the difference between objective and subjective

fucking clown
>>
>>67726072
Objective batman movie ratings.
>Batman Returns
>Batman : Mask of the Phantasm
>Batman Begins
>Batman
>The Dark Knight
>BvS
>Batman Forever
>The Dark Knight Rises
> Batman and Robin
>>
>>67726546
Any critic that is personally offended someone is going to see a movie they gave a bad review for is retarded. Honestly I fail to see criticism in such cases meaningful at all.
>>
>>67726072
Not remotely. I still don't know how to even adequately compare the two.

One element that they share is embracing deeper themes than you typically expect in cape movies.

I do like the cinematography better in BvS, though.
>>
>>67726546
validation of self and how we hinge our identities on our symbolic relationships with the world

critics hinge their meaning on being seen as arbiters of truth, the truth is that ultimately you cannot rely on others to hand you truth
>>
They should both be closer to around 75%-80%.
>>
>>67726200
>dispised
>retards calling it adult and smart
Someone get this hothead outta here!
>>
BvS deserves at least a 70%, there's some bad writing but the movie itself is pretty great even if it lacked a little editing and the scenes felt disjointed (maybe the directors cut fixes that)
>>
CRASHING THIS THREAD
>>
>>67726072
Yes. BvS is significantly worse because it didn't even try.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.