[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WHAT THE FUCK DID I JUST WATCH ???? btw, I kinda love this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6
File: the_lobster_poster_quad.jpg (363 KB, 1750x1308) Image search: [Google]
the_lobster_poster_quad.jpg
363 KB, 1750x1308
WHAT
THE
FUCK
DID
I
JUST
WATCH
????

btw, I kinda love this film. It was so bizarre, strange and disturbing at the same time. A lot of hidden relationship symbolism and subtext throughout. Still don't understand the ending though. Did he leave her or what?
>>
>>67717129
He pokes out his own eyes so they can be together (blind) in the city.

I don't know if it's symbolism, it's just a lot of animals.
>>
File: lea qt.jpg (2 MB, 2922x4485) Image search: [Google]
lea qt.jpg
2 MB, 2922x4485
>>67717129

He stabbed his eyes so he could be blind like his waifu

Lea Seydoux is a total qt btw
>>
>>67717129

>hidden symbolism

oh christ the symbolism slaps you in the face consistently throughout the movie. no subtlety at all
>>
>>67717566
>>67717485
yeah I know that, but this can be interpreted as two things when she sits waiting for him, but he didn't come back in the end:
1. he realized he couldn't go through being blind so he accepted that he can't be match with her.
2. he was bleeding to death in the toilet
>>
>>67717129
Anyway the fake rape demonstration is the fucking shot I laughed my ass off for real. Good movie, I'ok watch it again
>>
>>67717485
>>67717566
Not necessarily. Ending can be interpreted in more ways; first he poked his eyes out to be like her OR maybe he noped the fuck out and left her there. It's not like she can see him run. Really interesting movie that has fun with society and it's pressure on young people to get married.
>>
>>67717129
You just watched the truth about dating and romance post 2010

It's human relationships completely devoid of any kind of idealism or illusions about self / what makes up an identity, while being completely naive to any notion of love

"You have X trait, so do I, we should be a pair"

I also loved the bit about kids

>If you and your partner should continue to fight and argue, you will be assigned a child. Having a child usually solves the issue
>>
File: 422061.jpg (145 KB, 1111x719) Image search: [Google]
422061.jpg
145 KB, 1111x719
>they can be any animal they want

>most choose dogs, horses, cows, cats

Fools
>>
File: help.png (2 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
help.png
2 MB, 1366x768
>>67718140
>HELP!
>>
File: the-lobster-rachel-weisz.png (940 KB, 1440x761) Image search: [Google]
the-lobster-rachel-weisz.png
940 KB, 1440x761
Holy shit, I almost forgot she was played by Rachel Weisz. There's something about this women that got me hard
>>
This board and site is for adults
Not 16 year olds from Tumblr kiddo
>>
>If you don't get a partner you will have your humanity taken away from you
>If you choose to be alone, society will persecute you
>If you find a partner, your loner friends will abandon you
>Most relationships are built on lies or trivial facts related to your identity
>>
a very good movie
>>
>>67717911
Also could be that he was going to pretend to be blind, like his friend with the fake nosebleed.
>>
You talk like you're from Tumblr. Yes it was a good kino but you don't have to be such a cringey fag about it
>>
I like to believe that he didn't stab his eyes out but they stayed together anyway.
>>
The moral of the film is that love is blind.
>>
Great hair girl is best girl
>>
>>67718436
I thought about that when I saw the description for the film. Why not go through with it and become something decent?
>>
The fuck is going on right now?
>>
File: biscuitfu.png (101 KB, 295x193) Image search: [Google]
biscuitfu.png
101 KB, 295x193
>>67717129
>tfw got a boner at this bit
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.