[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
10 Cloverfield Lane
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: cloverfield5-xlarge.jpg (92 KB, 1280x721) Image search: [Google]
cloverfield5-xlarge.jpg
92 KB, 1280x721
Just saw this, I don't even care for found footage, or sci-fi films, but goddamn, this was a great claustrophobic thriller, and John Goodman had me fucking rolling, dude killed it.

Discuss.
>>
10/10 movie until the last ten minutes. Then the tone and even genre of the movie change and it all falls apart. Every scene with John Goodman was a treasure though.
>>
foot game
>>
>>67706385
Yea, I was like "what the hell, aliens and shit?" I thought Howard was scarier than those damn aliens.
>>
>>67706446
It's not even that it was aliens. That part was okay. But when MEW quips to the camera

>YOU GOTTA BE KIDDIN ME!

and then action-heroes onto the hood of the suspended car, MacGuyver's up a homemade molotov cocktail that just happened to be sitting there, and flings it into the alien spaceshape's cunt-mouth, ninjas back down to safety, then drives off TO WAR!!!1!!11!

...well, that's where the tone of the movie fell apart. They should've gone with the original ending where when she got out she overlooked a city skyline and the whole thing was destroyed and in ruins, and the final shot is her taking the gas mask off and breathing in.
>>
>>67706499
>her taking the gas mask off and breathing in.
Though bittersweet, that would've been a cool ending.
>>
This movie really did throw me off a couple times. I went back and forth deciding whether or not goodman was a decent person,or if he was making it all up just to have these people down there with him.

The part about him wanting to have a "replacement" daughter by keeping her down there was kinda tossed to the side quickly.
>>
You guys really aren't talking about the most important part of the movie.
>>
>>67706613
What a cutie, would love one like her in my shelter.
>>
>>67706189
It was great until the end.

Goodman was so fucking good. Genuinely creepy, and created a really tense atmosphere through the whole film.

It should have ended with her getting in the truck and the alien lifting it up.
You never see the ship thing, you never see the little alien.
The moment she blacks out for a second in the truck the film ends.

Instead she became some kind of superhero and now thinks she is qualified enough as a doctor and fighter to go help out in Houston.
>>
File: 1458858441974.jpg (84 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1458858441974.jpg
84 KB, 720x720
>>67706189
S W E A T Y
M E W
F E E T
>>
>>67706189
>dude killed it.
you have to be over 18 to post here
>>
the ending was the most retarded fucking shit ive seen. it shouldve ended after she got out of the bunker. everything before that was great though
>>
I've heard it's pretty god and I wanna see it, but is that the lady from 50 shades f gray?
>>
>>67707053
no its the cheerleader from death proof, bruce willis' daughter in die hard 4, and probably some other shit
>>
>>67707022
Relax gramps, I'm off the lawn.
>>
>>67707053
It's the girl from Scott Pilgrim
>>
movie: 9/10

last fifteen minutes: 2/10
>>
>aliens invade
>gimme shelter starts playing
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.