[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BvS Discussion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7
File: 1.jpg (33 KB, 720x400) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
33 KB, 720x400
>What's the oldest lie on /tv/, Anon?

That Lex Luthor behaving like The Joker wasn't intentional.

The entire point of the movie is to show that the Superman mythos belongs to no one and everyone at the same time. This is the historical baggage that Snyder is aware these characters carry: An endless barrage of fanboys and comicbook lore since the 30's, comparison to other iconic characters, and everyone thinking they have the last word on how these characters should and would act.

Superman is Christ, Moby Dick, King Arthur, Zorro, JFK, The White Rabbit/Bugs Bunny, the Classical hero.
Batman is Ahab, a vampire, Lancelot, Charles Foster Kane, Dr. Bill Hartford, John the Baptist, the tortured soul seeking redemption.
Doomsday is a fire-breathing dragon, King Kong, a falling meteorite, a nuclear holocaust, the mythical Hydra, Mordred, the monster inside oneself.
The Kryptonite spear is Excalibur, Longinus, Zeus' spear, Ahab's harpoon, Zorro's rapier, Alexander the Great's sword, dispassionate power and judgement.
Lex is The Joker, The Mad Hatter, Elmer Fudd, Oedipus, Icharus, Salome, the Tragic cynic. There are many comparisons with the Nolan trilogy because this film embraces it as part of the mythos too. For instance, the Batmobile scene culminates in Batman running into Superman, while in the Nolan version he decides to spare the Joker on his motorcycle. The Gotham football team's uniform is the same color in both films. Lois Lane and Rachel are dropped from a skyscraper.
It's a deconstruction and analysis of the characters themselves.

(1/2)
>>
>>67700559
The film thrives on these types of associations, like the red Jolly Rancher pushed into the senator's mouth - "it's cherry" - coming back as the blood dripped onto Zod's face, the red graffiti on Superman's monument, and his slashed cheek, not to mention the nods to internet culture and memes (4U CIA). It's precisely this uncomfortable reevaluation and redemption of sugary pop imagery that drives the film. "Snyder intends to resolve the conflict between commerce and art," as Armond White notes. The basic thesis is that Superhero franchises are antithetical to what Superman actually stands for.

The fact that not a single character behaved the way fanboys expected just proves the point that all this was intentional (for instance, Alfred isn't a butler and Lois isn't a lady).

>Boys share too.
Let's try to prove, disprove, or modify this thesis. Everyone is welcome to participate, be civilized.

(2/2)
>>
>>67700559
Lex is the embodiment of ressentiment m8, I wouldn't go so far as to call him the Last Man but he's clearly unable embrace greatness and the idea of overcoming
>>
File: 1459226234656.jpg (108 KB, 894x1000) Image search: [Google]
1459226234656.jpg
108 KB, 894x1000
>>67700559
Follow our lord of Capekino
>>
File: dark souls lorefags.jpg (122 KB, 460x690) Image search: [Google]
dark souls lorefags.jpg
122 KB, 460x690
I should change this filename to something about Zack Snyder fanboys
>>
>>67700661
I dunno eventually he realizes man must be overcome and rather than resenting that man is doomed he gets down to genetic modification.

OPs theory is eisegetical / could be applied to fucking anything... I don't think pareidolia is quite the right word but one can find those links in anything, it's a way for the viewer to make the viewing more enjoyable and deep but it's not anything Snyder did.
>>
File: 1448112688199.jpg (269 KB, 1200x1126) Image search: [Google]
1448112688199.jpg
269 KB, 1200x1126
Lex is the embodiment of the men's wish to defy God, he's was a broken child that suffered on his father's hand while always praying for help.
Anyway it's quite easy to see his childlike behavior, he's damaged.
>>
File: 1458801778106[1].png (224 KB, 704x361) Image search: [Google]
1458801778106[1].png
224 KB, 704x361
>>67700559

>Zeus' spear
>meant Zeus' thunderbolt

Also, the JL teaser scene is made that way to feel as if Bats, Diana, and Lex are sharing dank memes with one another. Post-credit scenes are basically packaged to be shared virally.
>>
Martha?
>>
>>67701345
DEEPEST LORE
>>
>>67700575
Boys don't share. WW said it best, they have no natural inclination to share. They need a female figure to motivate them, hence the matriarchy theme. Supes has a living mother, he's pure good. Bats has a dead mother that he thinks of, he's troubled. Lex, as far as I can tell, has no mother and no impression. He's evil.
>>
>>67700559
>not even true capekino
here you go you fucking plebs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47aEME-QFg0
>>
BANE VS CIA

REDDIT VS 4CHAN

FLICK VS KINO

MARBURY VS MADISON

NINTENDO VS SONY

CLINTON VS TRUMP

COKE VS PEPSI

IPHONE VS ANDROID

MOOT VS ASIAN MOOT

SINGLES VS DUBS

SHITPOSTER VS JANITOR
>>
>>67700559
Snyder is just on some other shit desu senpai

I mean with all that Snyder still finds a way to make this a religious movie about Christianity. Led representing the modern man or humanity's current state of destroying religion or attacking it

2deep4everyone
>>
File: 1453117785951.png (160 KB, 516x540) Image search: [Google]
1453117785951.png
160 KB, 516x540
>>67700575
>thesis.
Jesus Christ, could you be more of a pretentious pleb?
>>
>>67702172
Buzz buzz buzz all I hear senpai

The pleb is you
>>
>>67701345
>Also, the JL teaser scene is made that way to feel as if Bats, Diana, and Lex are sharing dank memes with one another. Post-credit scenes are basically packaged to be shared virally.
>>
>>67701345
ww
double u
4 u
>>
>>67700559
What if they were supposed to have the Joker, but then they decided to save him for a solo Batman film and as a result had to combine the Joker and Lex Luthor characters together so as not to do an entire script re-write?
>>
http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2016/03/11/inside-chris-terrios-vision-for-batman-superman-and-justice-league/
>>
>>67700575
>red was a motif because some disconnected elements were red
>>
>>67700559
What if Superman's mum was called, I dunno, Jane?
>>
>>67703975
Red represents blood, what makes us men.
>Do you bleed? You will.
The Jolly Rancher is also a nod to Lex feeling as if he's red-pilling the politician.
The slash on Superman's cheek is proof that he's mortal. It's also a reference to Xerxes in 300.
>>
>>67700559
>>67700575
I can see the ghostly Australian flag.
This post is true Kino, 10/10.
>>
>>67700972
>your horse
it clearly belongs to the guy riding it
>>
Luthor had a masterplan
>>
Be honest with me: Is /tv/ just memeing when they say they liked this movie? I just got back from seeing it.

I don't have a problem with violent Batman/Superman, but the movie is so fucking bad. It has some genuinely great shots and some scenes are much better than they have any right to be, like Superman showing up in court and everyone is just really tense and anxious about his presence, but goddamn, was the editor high? And some of the action scenes felt completely pointless and ineffective.

And holy shit, fuck Lex. He was so annoying. And I still don't know why, even though he had been pulling Bruce Wayne's strings for 2 years to stoke the fire of his hate against Superman, he never once made an attempt to contact him for an explicit team up against Superman. He does a small "maybe we should partner up on a project, my R&D department is always cooking something up" thing at that party he invited him to, but in two years that was probably the close he got to it.

And God, Superman's death is so fucking contrived. Just give the spear to someone else. Or throw it. And if you're going to kill Superman, don't just imply he's coming back five minutes later.
>>
>>67704336
It's Mexican
t. the guy who wrote it
>>
>>67704542
>he never once made an attempt to contact him for an explicit team up
He wanted to kill both of them. It's not like allying with Bruce was an option, to begin with.
>>
>>67704610
>I gave the Bat a sporting chance, but he couldn't hack it. If man won't kill God, then the Devil will do it!

He wanted Batman to kill Superman. He forced Superman to go fight a kryptonite-armed Batman.
>>
>>67704542
>: Is /tv/ just memeing when they say they liked this movie?
No.
>>
>>67704654
Batman already knew that Lex was having fishy business all along the world, he already knew too much. No matter who killed who first Lex wanted to disappear all the loose ends that night.
>>
>>67704765
>Batman already knew that Lex was having fishy business all along the world

No he didn't. He only started to snoop around Lex after finding shipments in the Russian's phone going to Lex's place. That's why he then wanted to infiltrate Lex's house and hack his shit.

Batman was only ruthlessly hounding his WHITE PORTUGUESE lead. Batman and Lex's motivations were pretty much the same, although Lex's came from a place of much more petty shit. There was no reason for them not to work together.
>>
>>67704542
lex is obsessed with power and does what he can to get power
the fact that he can manipulate batman from a distance is empowering
as the movie goes along all the strands of the movie coalesce into a singular scene
the editing followers certain characters until they're all together
>>
>>67700812
maybe you should, but first I think go back to /v/
>>
is there a cam of this shit? I aint payin to have my brain raped
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.