[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Literally ten minutes of cows walking around. This is a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: 600full-satantango-poster.jpg (26 KB, 348x374) Image search: [Google]
600full-satantango-poster.jpg
26 KB, 348x374
>Literally ten minutes of cows walking around.

This is a joke, right? Why do people pretend to like this?
>>
File: laughingskelly.jpg (175 KB, 777x800) Image search: [Google]
laughingskelly.jpg
175 KB, 777x800
don't get bonetrousled over it, anon
>>
>>67698402
I don't get Tarr 2bh.

What do people like about his films? They seem to be mocking arthouse. It's like someone made an ironic attempt to create an arthouse film.
>>
>>67698402
Wierd shit, right? Real cows, not even hamburgers. Too European for you, American pig.
>>
Is it seriously 7 hours long? How can this review be accurate?
>>
because it's cinema

it shouldn't always be easy. some things require concentration and effort from the viewer's part.
>>
It was a good nap
>>
>>67698402
Good post, Kevin. Now it's time to go to bed, or reddit.
>>
>>67698402
Anon, did you ever consider that maybe the movie doesn't need to appease you?
>>
>>67698875

Yes, nothing grabs my attention like cows walking. It's just so exciting.
>>
>not opening with the DUDE LMAO pasta
>>
>>67699016
Sometimes, something slow and long can be hypnotising and evocative. Stop pretending you don't already know this.
>>
>>67698402
dont worry about it anon take it easy
>>
OMG LIFE IS SO TERRIBLE AND HUMANITY IS OUT FOR THEMSELVES WITH NO EXCEPTIONS! EVERYTHING IS BLEAK AND MEANINGLESS, FREEDOM IS A TERRIFYING THING TO STUPID PEOPLE, AND THE WORLD IS A COLD AND UNFORGIVING PLACE! LET ME DEMONSTRATE THIS BY HOLDING THE CAMERA ON THE DESOLATE BARREN WASTELAND AND THE PATHETIC MONGRELS WHO ARE THE CHARACTERS FOR MINUTES AND MINUTES AT A TIME AS THE AUDIENCE SHIFTS UNCOMFORTABLY UNDER THEIR GAZE! HA HA HA HA! I AM SUCH A GENIUS! THANK GOD I WASN'T PURGED BY STALIN OR ELSE I WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO SHARE THIS MASTERFUL VISION WITH THE WORLD! YES, YES, LOOK AT HOW SHE TORTURES THE CAT! IT IS A METAPHOR FOR THE CORRUPTION OF POWER! YES! POWER... CORRUPTION... HUMANITY SUCKS! NOW GIVE ME MORE MONEY TO FUND MY NEXT NIHILISTIC MASTERPIECE!
>>
>>67699619
plodding pasta
>>
>>67698402

What's the matter, little manchild, not enough superheroes and quips for you?

/film/ when?
>>
>>67698547
I've only seen satantango but for me at least there's something very calming and meditative about his pacing and framing.

>>67699619
You would feel the same way too if you lived in communist hungary
>>
>>67698402
Go watch your capeshit.
>>
>television fags
>>
>>67699694
I would actually like to see a board that isn't 100% capeshit 100% of the time
>>
>>67699694
>>67699741

>You don't like this pretentious overlong art film so you must be an inferior human being who enjoys superhero movies
>>
>>67698402
It's alright, but it's no Batman v Superman.
>>
>>67699694
sorry senpai
this "film" is in the same level of pretentiousness as "Hard to be a God"
>>
>>67699800
>pretentious
>overlong
What's the matter, 2deep4u? Can't understand basic ideas and concepts when conveyed through film? Can't watch a movie more than 90 minutes long without adderall? The BvS threads are in the >>>/catalog/
>>
File: satantangofarm.jpg (130 KB, 550x363) Image search: [Google]
satantangofarm.jpg
130 KB, 550x363
The story line in Satantango – brilliant, diabolical, sarcastic — gradually unravels the dreams, machinations, and betrayals of a failed farm collective over a few rainy fall days, two of them rendered more than once, from the perspectives of different characters. But the plot operates almost independently of the moral and experiential weight given each shot: Tarr’s camera obliges us to share so much time as well as space with the grubby characters that we can’t help but become deeply implicated in their lives and maneuverings. Tarr has noted that the form of his film, like that of the novel, is inspired by the tango — six steps forward, six back –an idea reflected in the overlapping Faulknerian time structure, the film’s 12 sections, and many of its remarkably choreographed camera movements and long takes.

Satantango weaves the collective interactions of Almanac of Fall and the pungent evocations of solitude of Damnation into the same narrative fabric; though the film focuses on a community, at least three of the most remarkable sequences follow the movements of an isolated individual. The most celebrated and terrifying of these, involving a little girl and a cat, is rendered so convincingly that many viewers have wrongly assumed its violence to be real rather than fabricated. (For the record, the cat used in the sequence is now a pet of one of Tarr’s friends.) Even more extraordinary, to my taste, is the film’s mesmerizing third section, which charts for a full hour the mainly solitary movements of an old doctor lost in an alcoholic haze. It’s a tribute to Tarr’s singularity of purpose that at no point does this sequence — or anything else in his 415-minute film — seem tedious or self-indulgent; the breadth of his canvas suits the magnitude of what he has to say.
>>
>>67699016

One does garner unrealistic views of their mother during their formative years.
>>
I hate this movie so much....
>>
>>67700363
This was far too highbrow-lowbrow for /tv/
>>
>>67700570

Still looking for the sweet spot.
>>
>>67699109
Verily, tis a point your mother made to me on the night prior
>>
>>67700798
lmao
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.