[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone watch childhoods end, thought it was a pretty interesting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: childhoods-end-promo-placement.jpg (54 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
childhoods-end-promo-placement.jpg
54 KB, 900x506
Anyone watch childhoods end, thought it was a pretty interesting watch. what did yall think?
>>
>Syfy
The mark of garbage.
>>
The first episode was pretty okay-ish.
Gotta respect how close they stuck to the novel, especially with the design of Kerellen. Still, two episodes would've been enough and not having the actors age is like a sacrilege since the novel is thematically about the passage of time and all the pain we humans experience from it.
My advice? If you're a fan of the novel, watch it. Otherwise skip it unless you're really bored.
>>
First episode was interesting and actually pretty solid. Second and third episodes dragged like crazy and were incredibly dull. Didn't even end up watching the third one, just heard about it from my dad. Would not recommend.
>>
>>67691552
They're trying though, The Expanse and The Magicians are very well-received and it was clear that they spend A TON of money on The Expanse, apparently they outbid HBO and Netflix for it
>>
>>67691893
which is crazy. HBO would've made it so much better. It's good, but there's just so much missed potential.
>>
>>67692064
HBO hadn't had a good show in a long time, their drama department is a fucking MESS right now, they canceled like 5+ already picked up dramas this year alone, so there's a pretty big chance it wouldn't even get made under HBO
>>
>>67692153
The Leftovers?
True Detective? (granted, only the first season)
Boardwalk Empire?
The Newsroom?
>>
>>67691320
Surprised this isn't more talked about
>>
>>67692285
>The Leftovers?
Terribly received season one, shit rating for s2(it was great tho), zero awards, ending with s3
>True Detective
MEMES
Also, they actually pushed an anthology show into drama series category at Emmys because they were so desperate to win

>Boardwalk Empire
Good production and acting, shit everything else. Vinyl proves that Winter is a hack
>The Newsroom
lol
>>
>>67693613
>Terribly received season one, shit rating for s2(it was great tho), zero awards, ending with s3

>never watched it, here's some bullshit I made up
>>
>>67693643
What the fuck are you on about? How's zero awards, shit ratings and end with s3 is "bullshit i made up?"
>>
File: 1458696099140.gif (2 MB, 371x500) Image search: [Google]
1458696099140.gif
2 MB, 371x500
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.