[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
File: bvs im.png (55 KB, 316x209) Image search: [Google]
bvs im.png
55 KB, 316x209
What went wrong?
>>
>>67688969
>movie is Iron Man 3
>makes 3 million more dollarroos
>mfw i have no face
>>
people are getting tired of capeshit
>>
File: 1446158578065.jpg (75 KB, 601x601) Image search: [Google]
1446158578065.jpg
75 KB, 601x601
MARVEL PAID OFF THE SHOWDOWN THATS WHAT!

IT BROKE THE MONDAY AFTER EASTER SUPERHERO MOVIE RECORD YOU KNOW!!
>>
>>67688969
Jokes on you MCUcks, BvS is the highest grossing movie of a 31st of March that is also a Thursday.

CAPEKINO
A
P
E
K
I
N
O
>>
File: 1323942338225.jpg (190 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1323942338225.jpg
190 KB, 645x773
>>67689223
MARVEL BTFO

IT'S OVER DC WON!!!

CAPEKINO!!!
>>
look at when each movie was released.

then look at the critical reception.

make sense now?
>>
>>67688969
So it's mildly less successful than a movie that grossed $1.2 billion?

DKEKS FINNA BE SOME KINDA SUICIDE WATCH
>>
it's already an established fact that snyder tries to bring some actual fucking meaning and message to his cinema

marvel just produces a few no substance quipshit flicks every year for an easy cash grab that any mindless fuck can understand

DC tries to be different and has willingness to deal with difficult and controversial subjects, that you have to actually think about to fully understand.

this is why BvS was blasted because most critics cant understand it, just like MoS and just like Watchmen any brainless fool can become a "movie critic" hell that is a job specifically for brainless fools who can just say whatever they want and state it as fact.

who still discusses iron man 3? or thor 2? nobody that's who. yet people still discuss and analyze, watchmen, MoS and countless others everyday. don't forget, that's what really matters who will be forgotten. and who will be remembered.
>>
File: 1406840546054606.png (169 KB, 679x864) Image search: [Google]
1406840546054606.png
169 KB, 679x864
PLEASE LET THERE BE A 70% AT THE BOX OFFICE THIS WEEKEND

PLEASE
>>
>>67689408
This. You're absolutely correct in that flicks like Thor, Iron Man(s), Captain America(s) will be forgotten. Not even the most hardcore Marvel cuck discusses Age of Ultron because of how forgettable that flick was. They're just waiting for the next flavor of the month like Black Panther and Dr. Strange.
>>
>>67689633
Nah, it's going to be a 28% drop.
>>
>>67689408
good points bro.
>>
>>67689408
>it's already an established fact that snyder tries to bring some actual fucking meaning and message to his cinema
No, he doesn't, he only brings more of the same generic superhero movies while trying hard to be Nolan and doing biblican symbolism.

That's Snyder's problem, he pretends to be some kind of artist, and he delivers more of the same but with an air of pretentiousness.
>>
>>67688969
Iron Man 3 was the first post-Avengers MCU movie
>>
>>67689408
>DC tries to be different
No, Nolan tried to be different.
DC is just desperately trying to recreate Nolan.
>>
>>67689408
People don't discuss those movies so much as perform autopsies. Snyder makes so many facepalm story choices to brace his 2deep4u art school vision that the shit becomes incomprehensible.
>>
File: SarcasticGibson.jpg (89 KB, 970x724) Image search: [Google]
SarcasticGibson.jpg
89 KB, 970x724
Nice thread OP, lots of great discussion going on
>>
>>67689408
>capeshitter fighting over ''meaning''
My fucking sides, it's seriously hilarious how some people think these kid movies are some sort of serious business.

They are movies about comics meant for kids, they are made with the only purpose of cashing in money.

Capeshit it's capeshit, it's going to be automatic 5/10 joints with some of the worst CGI you can find in theatres.

Snyder is just one of the many directors that have picked up superhero movies and acted as if they are more than a children pass time.

Magical good guys vs magical bad guys.
These worthless flicks will never be anything more than that.
>>
>>67689408
He tries to elevate capeshit to kino tier like Nolan did, but has no talent to do it. I appreciate the effort, but I would prefer if someone capable would take up his job.

Marvel doesn't even bother to try, they know retards will pay to see their garbage flick of the month. Why risk it when you have a formula that works? I guess that's how Disney execs feel about it.
>>
>>67689408
na. he tries but he doesn't have the talent or the vision, then he blames the source material
>>
>>67689945
>kino tier
No, Nolan made a superhero flick with a serious tone.
Seriously, i'm starting to fear that some people are going to use the word kino unironically in these situations.
Although considering how much of a joke this board is, I wouldn't be surprised.

>>67689945
>risk
You know what would be a risk?
Doing a completely new storyline.
Not a single capeshit movie has ever been a risk.
They are all mashups of bits of comic book storylines.

> I would prefer if someone capable would take up his job.
After so many years, so many directors, every single capeshit movie has been a 5/10 at most.
Just accept that the concept followed with these movies simply can NOT result in a legitimately good movie.
They are always going to be shitty and laughable stories about beating bad guys.
>>
>>67688969
>first movie after avengers which people were told to love
>first movie after MoS which people were told to be mad at for not being sunshine and rainbows
>>
>>67689223
alos forgot how it's getting 30% higher repeat business than what is normal
>>
>>67689408
>DC tries to be different
No, Nolan did, and DC subsequently copied Nolan with every movie since.
>>
>>67690037
No, the problem is how he doesn't give a fuck about the source material, but has the balls to say he's a comic book fan and how he tries to make his movies be like comics.
Snyder is a fucking joke and a hack who's biggest achievement will always be being budget Nolan.
>>
File: 1453524391869.png (662 KB, 862x1000) Image search: [Google]
1453524391869.png
662 KB, 862x1000
>>67690058
>told
>>
>>67689745
finally someone said it
>>
>>67690092
How is he budget? BvS cost way more than probably any of Nolan's stuff ever
>>
>>67690258
Not saying it literally, i'm just saying Snyder is just a guy trying hard to be Nolan plus biblical symbolism.
Which is probably what DC is desperately looking for, another Nolan.
They just want to go back to their TDK times.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.