[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I get really sad by the fact that they are making a live action
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: ghost_in_the_shell_-poster.jpg (354 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
ghost_in_the_shell_-poster.jpg
354 KB, 1000x1500
Fuck you Hollywood!
>>
Why? You'll be able to pretend you're cultured on your facebook page now by liking western pandering trash that has the depth of a young adult(hunger games etc) depth.
>>
Why?

It doesn't change what you already have, what difference does it make?
>>
File: swn.gif (1008 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
swn.gif
1008 KB, 200x200
>>67686667
>>
>>67686667
Agreed.

>>67686699
Shits on the legacy that is GITS.
>>
>implying the Japs would have done a better job
>>
>>67686982
Arise already did that.
Also the second gits manga.
Granted this movie is probably going to be even worse than Arise but who gives a fuck at this point, gits hasn't been good in years
>>
>>67686982
>Shits on the legacy that is GITS
What is Arise?
>>
>>67687033
>arise
Arise is fine. The real travesty is that GitS slice of like moe garbage that Shirow is making now.
>>
I've seen GitS 1 and 2 and they are goat. Is anything else in this franchise anywhere near that level? Because so far I'm avoiding all the other stuff.
>>
>>67687033
>>67687063
>it's already been shit on, what's some runny diarrhea on top of it all?
>>
>>67686667
I'd like to see it.

Anime has some cool ideas, but they always have weird fucking characters. Everyone has weird hair, sunglasses, they always walk around with a fucking katana for some reason. They always have weird reactions like they're in on something no one else is.

Weird weeaboos are a direct product of the weird characters that exist in anime. If they put actual actors in instead of cartoon characters created by neckbeards who don't interact with others, this might be watchable.
>>
>>67686699

>Making GiTS widely available to the meme audience by way of an absolutely butchered adaptation starring fucking hacklet johansssson won't be a bad thing

anon.
>>
>>67687117
I personally liked both seasons of SAC, but some people don't for some reason. I'd say it isn't as good as the movies but worth a watch.
>>
>>67686667
I'm going to watch it for Michael Pitt desu
>>
>>67687117

The Stand Alone Complex anime is pretty good. Each season is really focused on one story for the most part.
>>
I don't understand why Hollywood is making a live action GITS when they could be making a live action Neuromancer (which GITS plagiarises)
>>
>>67687087
>Arise is fine.
Yes, but so underwhelming by comparisson to the rest of the franchise.
>>
>>67686667
Part two of the shoot started a few days ago. It's a merge of the stand alone complex, first animated movie and the first manga
>>
>>67686699
because it will hinder the production of any GitS material he would like for the foreseeable future.
>>
>>67687580
Wait for ScarJo with the director of the Huntsman movies to realize what really is underwhelming.
>>
>>67687271
The problem is that they'll take a few superficial aspects, slap them onto a generic action movie and call it GitS.
Hell, they're setting it in America, most likely, so pretty much all of the world building goes straight out of the fucking window.
>>
>>67687271
I've only seen the first GiTS movie and none of the characters are weird. There may be some tits in moments you wouldn't expect tits, but all the characters are pretty down to Earth and not super Japanesey. There's really no need for a Western remake but if it looks cool I'll still watch it.
>>
Hello, just a friendly reminder that this exists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiqGimDWZKQ
>>
>>67687996
The only thing that's weird about Ghost in the Shell characters is how they will start citing poetry and philosophy at the drop of a hat.
>>
>>67687087
koukaku no pandora has nothing to do with gits outside of a couple of references, and it also makes references to shit the other author made. Who the fuck told you that it was a gits slice of life and why didn't you check for yourself?
>>
>>67686713
She would be perfect for that role... but no... of course Marvel has to ruin fucking everything.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.