[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best theater experience you've had? Pic related
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 16
File: Godzilla_(2014)_poster.jpg (25 KB, 300x445) Image search: [Google]
Godzilla_(2014)_poster.jpg
25 KB, 300x445
What is the best theater experience you've had? Pic related for me.
>tfw people were chimping out, losing their shit when Godzilla did the Atomic Breath in the Muto's face
>>
File: 1456703601224.png (231 KB, 300x372) Image search: [Google]
1456703601224.png
231 KB, 300x372
>>67677557

>I didn't know he could breathe fire!
>>
File: 245.jpg (25 KB, 450x330) Image search: [Google]
245.jpg
25 KB, 450x330
>>67677607
>>
>>67677557

>Ironman 1

For some reason my theater showed it like 2 days before it was suppose to be released, Idk if it was accident or what. There was like only 7 people in a giant thousand person room(5 of which are me and my friends).
>>
>BTTF
I went to AMC on Future Day to watch all Three BTTF movies. I appreciate 3 even more than I ever did before. And seeing them on a big screen with surround sound was something I'd never thought I'd see
>>
>>67677557
Interstellar and The Revenant, both gorgeous and really atmospheric. If only Interstellar wouldn't turn to shit in the tird act
>>
Went to see Pacific Rim with my dad an imax theatre. We were pretty close to the screen and the robots were absolutely massive. Movie was so much fucking fun, my Dad and I loved it. We had smiles on our faces throughout the entire thing.
>>
>>67677557

the atomic breath scene was really well done. i was hoping he would do it at some point in the movie and it delivered.
>>
File: Oblivion2.jpg (208 KB, 1920x1106) Image search: [Google]
Oblivion2.jpg
208 KB, 1920x1106
>>
File: image.jpg (400 KB, 1280x1810) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
400 KB, 1280x1810
> went to see insidious 2 with hamplanet gf I had at the time
> both bored at fuck
> empty theater in a shitty part of town
> first blowjob
>>
The time I saw Mad Max: Fury Road about a month and a half after release and there was no one else in the theater.
>>
Saw both Pacific Rim and Godzilla at the Drive in Theatre in Muskegon. Awesome both times. I cannot recommend the Drive In experience enough, especially considering it will likely no longer be a thing in like 10 years.
>>
It was probably Godzilla. Every time they teased a fight, the audience groaned but once it went full MUTO vs Godzilla the place erupted, it was almost like being in a wrestling audience. I saw the movie 3 times and that reaction persisted, very fun to be a part of.
>>
File: gravity_ver4_xlg[1].jpg (123 KB, 1500x844) Image search: [Google]
gravity_ver4_xlg[1].jpg
123 KB, 1500x844
Easily
>>
File: fresquito.gif (514 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
fresquito.gif
514 KB, 500x333
When my gf gave me a handjob.
>>
>>67677557
Godzilla for me as well.
>be in Tokyo
>huge fucking screen
>loud fucking sound
>chinks cheering

Was a great time
>>
>soldiers drop with the red flares from the sky
>panoramic shot of SF bay with opera singing
>can hear the audience go "oooh"
>atomic breath scene happens
>me and my friends raise our fists in the air and yell "YES YES"
>others decide to lose their shit too and follow
best cinema related memory i have
>>
>>67679253
What did she use for lube?
>>
>>67677557
>>67678848
>>67679456
I'm honestly really surprised this reaction was so widespread. Pleasantly surprised though. Loved the movie, sure Kick Ass and Scarlet Nurse were boring, and they fucked up SO bad by killing Cranston, but the movie is one of my favorites.

Monster movies need to come back. People obviously want them.
>>
File: AhAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAH.jpg (16 KB, 236x291) Image search: [Google]
AhAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAH.jpg
16 KB, 236x291
>>67679502
>circumsised penis
>>
>>67677557
>tfw people were chimping out, losing their shit when Godzilla did the Atomic Breath in the Muto's face

>american cinema experience
>>
>Simpsons Movie
>Homer has to get inside dome
>Goes into shed and jetpack's there
>Random guy yells "OH COME ON"
>Homer goes straight for the super glue
>>
File: 1429981301599.jpg (431 KB, 1144x2154) Image search: [Google]
1429981301599.jpg
431 KB, 1144x2154
>>67677557
Went to see it twice, audience was really into it both times. No claps, but loud cheers, pretty rare here in Bongistan.

Underrated flick desu
>>
>>67679502
butter from the popcorn so she could lick it off
>>
>>67677870
Oh man interstellar in imax was 10/10
>>
>go to see The Two Towers on the first night it was out
>theater is packed and everyone is excited
>whole place is silent for the first few moments of the movie
>Gandalf hanging off the cliff edge
>he lets go, Frodo screams
>camera FOLLOWS Gandalf as he plummets through the mountain, grabs his sword in midair and continues hacking at the Balrog
>entire theater goes completely apeshit, people cheering, freaking out

the excitement kept up throughout the movie, best theater experience I've ever had
>>
>>67677791
I went to the BTTF trilogy rerelease too. I had the theater to myself apart from a middle-aged guy wearing a Dragon Ball Z Hawaiin shirt.
>>
>>67679839
This sounds fucking great, shame I only saw RoTK in the theater (which was also a good experience)
>>
>>67679771
>>67679771
Nice. I've always wanted to get head or something at the movies.
>>
>13
>brother 12, sister 10
>alcoholic parents
>they give a bunch of money to compensate
>"let's waste it on the movies"
We saw South Park Bigger, longer % uncut
and The Phantom menace for 3-4 times each in a very short period
Good times
>>
Hate to jump on the wagon but that atomic breath scene was fucking incredible, just the general gasp from the audience
If not then the BB8 thumbs up scene got the crowd going at Star Wars
>>
>>67677935
>Went to see Pacific Rim with my dad an imax theatre.
This desu senpai. Say what you want about the movie but giant robots just had to be seen on the big screen.
>>
>>67677557

The Hateful 8 is up there, the booklet was a nice touch.
>>
>>67679839

Two Towers > Fellowship > Return of the King
>>
Paranormal Activity 2
>much laughter, much screams
>was in Memphis, so largely "urban" audience... "Aww hell naw bitch!"
>audience would cheer and applaud whenever the pool cleaner would be shown outside cleaning the pool.

Interstellar
>15/70 IMAX film on a massive screen. wow.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens
>Audience was PUMPED, could feel it in the air
>Cheers when: The Falcon, the title, BB-8, C-3PO, ending.
>Audible gasps and shock when certain death happens

Back to the Future (10.21.15 edition)
>audience laughing at all the jokes
>sold out crowd
>cheers at moments
>>
>>67677557
Godzilla and Episode VII for me.

I saw both opening night so the theaters were packed full of fans that genuinely loved the source material. I still remember the cheering when Godzilla used his atomic breath.

Episode VII was great too mostly because of the banter during the trailers. The entire theater audibly got frustrated after the 10th or so trailer and the movie still hadn't started. Also there was a LOT of cheering and laughing. More than most theaters got as far as I could tell based on what other anons said.
>>
interstellar no doubt
>>
>>67679638
it was really well done, great focus on the sublime scenes that were awe-inspiring and also kinda spoopy

I used to watch the jap godzillas when I was a kid, and in true gojira fashion, this movie had boring as fuck humans and cool monster scenes that you anticipated the whole time. I really liked this movie, can't wait for more, especially when they start bringing in more godzilla bad guys. But yeah I agree, Cranston should've been the main character. Maybe he was too expensive
>>
got to see Paranormal Activity when they were only showing it in college towns that requested it heavily on their website. Saw it at a small hipster theatre that had one screen but you could take get pizza and beer and bring it into the theatre, so that was cool. But everyone was really pumped up for this movie, there was so much hype around it before it got released, and so everyone was really into it. I remember some girl left the theatre when shit really started going down with the Ouija board after they left the house. Anyway I really enjoyed it and then after the wide release all my friends shit on it because they're faggots who can't suspend disbelief. Though in their defense Micah was unbelievably retarded
>>
>>67677557
The Dark Knight Rises. This was when midnight premieres were actually at 12:01a instead of 7:00p.

The moment when the Bat (Wayne's VTOL) flew over the police in the final battle, the audience shouted and screamed with the police. Really exhilarating.
>>
>>67677557
The funny thing is that me best theater experience was also during Godzilla. Remember the child actor who played that lost little Japanese boy who escapes with the main character? That kid was actually in the theater. When his part came on everybody cheered and looked at him. After the movie ended, his credits showed up on the screen and he had the biggest grin on his face. His parents carried him out of the theater on their shoulders and it was nice to see that kid get some appreciation
>>
Borat

Seeing it in theaters honestly made it funnier than it was when I watched it on DVD later. The whole theater going fucking hysterical every 2 minutes was ridiculous.
>>
>>67681336
Bruno was funny as fuck in the theater, especially because there was a big group of black people and they freaked the fuck out every time a dick came on screen
>>
first time i touched pussy was in theater for moulin rouge. had to tear through her stockings and it was pretty fucking packed. nicole kidman gets me diamonds now

thanks laura
>>
>>67677607
Man she's a qt at all angles.
>>
>>67681323
that's awesome, where and when did it take place?
>>
I watched 10 Cloverfield Lane. Best nap of my life.
>>
>>67678967

Literally IMAX: The MovieĀ®
>>
American Sniper in the middle of the day, theater was just full of old white vets and their banter was top shelf
>>
Tron in IMAX 3D. Felt like being in the middle of a videogame. I tried watching it some time ago on a normal tv without a massive amount of drugs and it was fucking horrible.
>>
Transformers.

I went to a midnight release for it, and I have never seen a more passionate and excited group of people in my life. There were people my age (18) ranging all the way to old white haired nerds. The theatre erupted in applause when Optimus Prime first Transformed and their were waves of applause and cheering all throughout the film.

I don't care how bad the sequels were, that was a great experience.
>>
Will chime in as well but
>IMAX PacRim
>IMAX Godzilla

So much excitement, dont think ill ever experience it again
unless VR allows people to watch movies in a "cinema" like setting
>>
Isn't this nice? To have a thread about fun. Not faggots arguing about whether or not something is Kino, or any other retarded classification this board drums up. People just talking about fun times with buds or qt gf's.
>>
If you didn't see Fury Road in IMAX you should just stop going to movies. That shit was the best.
>>
>>67681787
yeah, it was awesome until you reddited all over it

>>67681797
>watching flicks
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 400x370) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 400x370
>>67681834
>>
>>67677557
One of the worst for me. Incredibly boring with shit performances minus Cranston.
>>
File: 1426713239829.gif (2 MB, 390x274) Image search: [Google]
1426713239829.gif
2 MB, 390x274
I went to tfa stoned as shit with some friends.
Was pretty fucking awesome, although i dont remember half of it.
Was like a few months after release, so there werent a lot of people, but me and my friends were reacting/laughing pretty decent
>>
File: 1459280660098.jpg (151 KB, 1024x1207) Image search: [Google]
1459280660098.jpg
151 KB, 1024x1207
>tfw the Godzilla roar was louder than a fucking jet engine pushing 140db apparently.

Was fucking glorious in the cinema.
>>
File: 1458532266729.png (22 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1458532266729.png
22 KB, 512x512
Someone send this thread to the Hollywood HQ so they make more monster movies tbqh
>>
>>67682310
>>67677557
shit now im pumped for godzilla
is it still good on a 15 inch screen or am i better off watching something else
>>
File: 1437333876167.png (107 KB, 291x287) Image search: [Google]
1437333876167.png
107 KB, 291x287
>>67679839
That blew my fucking mind out of the back of my head when I first saw that

Then they fall into a giant underground lake and I nearly lost my mind
>>
>>67680007
Really? The showings were all sold out. The showing for the first movie sold out 30mins before the showtime. Except BTTF 3, but about 3/4ths of the theater was full
>>
>>67682346
no time for that kiddy stuff, gotta keep making cape
>>
I haven't enjoyed myself at a theater since I was a kid.
>>
>>67682807
I haven't enjoyed myself at a theater before I became a teen
>>
>>67679502
Oh god, this more mutilated dick...
>>
>>67681462
It happened when the movie came out in 2014, and it was in my local Orange County theater in CA
>>
>>67677557
Went to a first opening screening of The Matrix.
Most people in the audience had not experienced virtual/alternate reality concept in film before. As the plot unfolded the action scenes were also new and fresh. Then Bullet time. Everyone in the audience WAS blown away.
These experiences don't happen very often and that is what makes them so special. That is why I love movies in theaters. For when the magic happens and it is witnessed by a crowd it becomes a truly exceptional experience.
>>
>>67677557
FOTR was fucking amazing
>>
File: clover.jpg (15 KB, 354x480) Image search: [Google]
clover.jpg
15 KB, 354x480
I was there. I was essentially at ground zero with them.
>>
>>67682591
>is it still good on a 15 inch screen
No, it certainly is not. No kaiju movie is.
>>
File: FantasticMrFox.jpg (644 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
FantasticMrFox.jpg
644 KB, 800x1200
>>67677557
Watched this in theaters before I even knew who Wes Anderson was. Audience was probably under 20 people but we filled the room with laughter. Never laughed harder at any movie at a theater.
>>
Rob Zombie's Halloween remake

>mfw literally lived out the stereotypical black people yelling at the screen

That or Evil Dead but that was because my friends and I were ripped going in
>>
First time I saw GotG. Never seen my old man smile like when we saw Star-Lord's introduction (he went looking for that song the second we got home).

For my part, I was cackling like a loon all through the bit where the camera pans through the prison whilst Blue Swede's playing.
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.