[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's face it. Comedy Central took a huge gamble by putting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (211 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
211 KB, 1920x1080
Let's face it. Comedy Central took a huge gamble by putting a unknown person in the shoes of John Stewart.

I have heard less about this show ever since he took over.

Have you been watching this train wreck?
>>
I hope he was put in there to fill diversity quotas, and I hope the people who made the decision to enforce those quotas is losing money.
>>
>>67673308

i havent watched daily show in many many years and i do not know what that niggers voice sounds like but i can imagine since i guess hes south african?

shouldnt he be somewhere shitting in an elevator shaft?
>>
He's so fucking terrible and to top it off he's a racebaiting AsshoIe
>>
he's not funny and a smug asshole. should've gone with Samantha
>>
>>67673308
he's the worst interviewer of all time

he even managed to fuck up an interview with Ethan Hawke
>>
>shows so far that don't mention race: 1
>shows so far that don't have a whole segment devoted to racism:3
getting a bit too much

>>67674360
every interview is pure suck up

I understood in the very beginning, when people might be scared to come on, but basically every question is "why are you so awesome?"
>>
>>67673308
nah. the Young Turks is the new daily show.
>>
>>67673308
TV in general isn't worth watching anymore, much less this abortion.
>>
The problem is his delivery. He sounds like he's just reading s cue card with occasional laughing. Samantha Bee should have taken over.
>>
File: 1430810421090.jpg (110 KB, 854x688) Image search: [Google]
1430810421090.jpg
110 KB, 854x688
>mfw a fucking South African thinks he has the right to criticize America about literally
>LITERALLY
>anything

This whole show feels like an /int/ troll.
>>
>>67675111
>Samantha Bee
>Does one show a week

Stop she'd be just as shit if her and her writers had to come up with material almost daily
>>
>show about American politics
>hire nearly unintelligible African to host

Did anyone honestly think this was going to work?
>>
>>67675728
Ogga bogga!
>>
>>67675728
This.

Americans don't want a foreigner that isn't John Oliver.
>>
>>67675838

Jon Oliver is a fucking faggot, nobody wants him either
>>
>>67673398
I think there's more race baiting on Larry Wilmore's show.I mean, yeah, ok, Jessica Williams does some race baiting, and so does that new black guy who's name I'm forgetting, But I think The Nightly Show is far worse, and isn't even funny.

>>67673472
>>67675111(Nice trips)
>>67675632
I think Sam B.'s show is what The Daily Show used to be like in many ways. I also have to disagree with the statement that it would be shit if it was on nightly. As long as there are people like Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton out there, comedy writers and political satirists will never run out of funny material. Sometimes this shit practically writes itself.

>>67676400
I don't care if you did get dubs or not, many people think that John Oliver would've been a suitable replacement for Jon Stewart, and HBO seems to do well by him. You're entitled to your opinion, but fuck you, anyway, you pleb.
>>
Many would argue that you hear less about it because social media (i.e. the people who select and share the clips, or the online writers who report on what is said in shows like this) in general pays less attention to it because of its black lead.

In other words, hearing about it is less common now not because the show doesn't have interesting things to say, but because society doesn't pay as much attention to what Trevor Noah says compared to what Jon Stewart says.
>>
>>67678080
>society doesn't pay as much attention to what Trevor Noah says compared to what Jon Stewart says
as they should.. nothing to do with race
>>
He's been a lot better since he started standing up. Ultimately he fails to do what Jon Stewart did and John Oliver does now in actually delve into the story instead of making lame twitter-tier jokes
>>
It's basically the same show, which is awkward on those times when Noah sounds like he's just saying what Jon Stewart would say
>>
>>67677868
holy cow you and i are in agreement 3 for 3.
>>
Jon Stewart hadn't been funny since 2010. Trevor Noah is at least as funny as post 2010 Jon Stewart from what I've seen.
>>
I stopped watching it since the South Africoon came on. It turned nito Blame White People Show. I mean if South Africa was so great since Apartheid ended why didn't he stay over there. Oh yeah that's right countries run by Black Africans are shit. They can't into civilization.
>>
>>67678629

The Daily Show was at its best when Dubya was in office. Stewart and the writers didn't have to put in any effort. They would just base entire shows around some dumb thing that the President said.

When the writers actually had to try is when the show went to shit.
>>
>>67673308
Haven't seen a single episode till he took over. I watched the show for Jon.
>>
>>67676400
This. Should have stayed off the air.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.