[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the FUCK is the point of a laugh track? Like hearing people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: big_bang_theory.jpg (78 KB, 1024x1002) Image search: [Google]
big_bang_theory.jpg
78 KB, 1024x1002
What the FUCK is the point of a laugh track?

Like hearing people laugh in older television shows made sense because they were filmed in front of live audiences. Why wouldnyou have them for shows nowadays that aren't?
>>
>>67672241
So you know when you're supposed to laugh
>>
>>67672241
pretty sure this shit is filmed with an audience?
>>
>>67672253
Yea, some of the jokes on BBT, Two and a Half Men, 2 Broke Girls would just go right past me if i wasn't told when to laugh.
>>
File: lelk.jpg (197 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
lelk.jpg
197 KB, 633x758
Sitcoms aren't funny. That's why.
>>
>>67672269
it is, op is dumb
>>
>>67672241
4chan doesn't like TBBT because they don't like being reminded of their intellectual inferiority and lack of academic accomplishments. Reddit and MIT students love TBBT because it portrays smart people in a realistic and humorous way, and they recognize themselves in the characters.

I'm being deadly serious by the way. Walk into any engineering or physics department at a top university and you will find a Big Bang Theory fan.
>>
Actuall conversation I overheard at work
>yeah I can't watch modern family, there's no laugh track so I never know when to laugh and I can't keep up with the jokes
>>
File: lowqual.jpg (16 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
lowqual.jpg
16 KB, 600x600
>>67672380
>>
>>67672380
(You)
>>
>>67672293
It's very complex humor, so guidance is necessary
>>
>>67672380
>sheldon hacks the government from an apple computer in literally 10 seconds
>>
Part of our brains like it when we are fitting in with others, so we "laugh" when we hear others laugh in fear of not fitting in. Laugh tracks do this, so when we come out of watching the sitcom we think it's better than it really is.
>>
>>67672380
walk into any soup kitchen and you'll find a big bang theory fan
>>
>>67672423
>I found a hack online

XD
>>
serves the same function as the awkward pauses and fourth-wall breaking in your "intellectual" sitcoms

>>67672380
People call it bait but you're right. Look at how many 40+ year old professionals like this show. You're wrong on reddit though, they hate it too.
>>
It was used in old time TV sitcoms to give the illusion you were watching with an audience, because up to that point people only went to plays and movie theaters with big crowds.

It's now the standard for a certain type of comedy, BBT would be very awkward without the laugh track because there would be pauses of silence.
>>
>>67672241
I instantly lose any shred of respect for the person I'm conversing with if he brings this literal shitshow up.
If you enjoy this show, even in the slightest, you need some time off to reevaluate your life; see what you missed out on, cause having an interest in such vague shallow shit means you fucked up along the way.
>>67672380
Look at this fucker for instance, definitely bait, other than that hes one legit dumb mother fucker.
>>
File: 290259_460s.jpg (143 KB, 460x623) Image search: [Google]
290259_460s.jpg
143 KB, 460x623
>>
The show is filmed in front of an audience OP....
>>
>>67672388
You're kidding me...
>>
>>67672521
>laugh
>shutup
>laugh
>shutup
>applaud
>shutup
>express empathy
>shutup
>everyone shut the fuck up, drama is going on
>applaud
>laugh
All right that's a wrap, here are your paychecks, be sure to come in early next week we will start shooting at 10AM.
>>
>>67672552
I wish I was. And no surprise her favorite shows are Big Bang theory and 2 broke girls. That Sheldon is just too funny!
>>
>>67672402
>>67672408
>>67672494
I can tell you guys haven't studied science at a serious academic level because, like it or not, geeks and nerds love TBBT. And I'm not talking about social fuck ups or outcasts when I say geeks and nerds, I'm talking about intelligent and academically inclined people who have trouble relating to those less intelligent than them. TBBT is yes a multicam sitcom, but it's also a funny and smart sitcom which has been appreciated by scientists, science writers, television critics, and accomplished students for almost a decade now.

4chan is the on losing end of this battle and always will be. TBBT is quite seriously the Frasier of our time; it's hated by the working class and lowbrow laborers who don't catch the physics references, and beloved by educated and middle to upper middle class families.
>>
>>67672573
I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case.
>>
>>67672573
They've shown many behind the scenes of the show with audiences. Maybe a laugh track is added to amplify there laughers
>>
>>67672598
Thanks for this fresh pasta superiority complex anon.
>>
>Watch this with normies
>They laugh at almost every laugh track
I mean, It's an ok sitcom but it really isn't funny.
>>
>>67672873
inb4
>you are just not inttelignet enough to get the jokes!
>I can tell you guys haven't studied science at a serious academic level because, like it or not, geeks and nerds love TBBT. And I'm not talking about social fuck ups or outcasts when I say geeks and nerds, I'm talking about intelligent and academically inclined people who have trouble relating to those less intelligent than them. TBBT is yes a multicam sitcom, but it's also a funny and smart sitcom which has been appreciated by scientists, science writers, television critics, and accomplished students for almost a decade now.

4chan is the on losing end of this battle and always will be. TBBT is quite seriously the Frasier of our time; it's hated by the working class and lowbrow laborers who don't catch the physics references, and beloved by educated and middle to upper middle class families.
>>
>>67672598
science is a scam very much like religion .

all those nerd's and "intelligent" serious academics have no fucking clue that this show like every other show is pure (science in this case) propaganda.

>the episode where they shoot a laser at the retro reflectors on the moon.

>the working class or normies don't know science. They need it explained by some 2bit sit-com show.

kek
>>
>that episode where they shill the new star wars
good goys
>>
File: 1453676558528.png (74 KB, 205x196) Image search: [Google]
1453676558528.png
74 KB, 205x196
>>67672598
>don't catch the physics references
All of the actual "academic references" are Schrodinger-tier jokes... almost everybody gets them and thats why the show is popular.
I have to admit the first seasons had some clever humor and were generally fun, but later and current episodes are the absolute low of TV comedy.
>>
>>67672380
>I'm smart, the fact that I like TBBT proves it!
Fuck off, imbecile.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.