[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding What did
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 210
Thread images: 25
File: BvS BluRayDVD4k.jpg (41 KB, 850x401) Image search: [Google]
BvS BluRayDVD4k.jpg
41 KB, 850x401
>Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding
What did he mean by this?
>>
File: ni idea.png (28 KB, 300x196) Image search: [Google]
ni idea.png
28 KB, 300x196
>>67667607
>>
>>67667607
The bell has been rung, the Lovecraftian horrors from space now have been invited to Earth by Lex and they're ringing our doorbell.
>>
>>67667758
Literal pottery how can people hate this movie?
>>
>>67667779
Too big for little minds.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-MUzvASr8s

I like how most of the lasers are pointed at Lex.
>>
>>67667607
He's alerted the horrors in space of our presence. In a literal sense it's Darkseid, a space villain. But there's also the theme of communion with the devil (explicitly shown in a deleted scene), as we end with the image of a demon in a painting. Whatever Luthor has altered is evil itself.

The bell is also a callback to his "the redcapes are coming", it's a reference to the town bell of Lexington being used as a signal of the redcoats arrival during the American Revolution.
>>
Is this a screencap from some new holocaust flick?
>>
>>67667828

Was that implying that Lex Luthor is satan?
>>
>>67667852

I like how dc fags still consider Darkseid menacing when he's basically superman's punching bag in the comics.
Even batman and green arrow have pushed his shit in .
He's a joke now.
>>
File: uncle-tio.png (661 KB, 846x613) Image search: [Google]
uncle-tio.png
661 KB, 846x613
>>
>>67667916
The way I see it he's performing blood sacrifices in a pagan temple to a being resembling Baphomet.
>>
>>67667916
No, it's implying he's practicing black magic and occultism to communicate with satan. I mean, he creates a monster using his own blood in a weird ritual, the symbolism is pretty on the nose.

>>67667926
That's partly why the movie did it so well, we don't get a set up for a comic book villain but rather for the archetype of pure evil. The whole movie uses archetypes and imagery from popular fiction this way.
>>
it's the sound a motherbox makes
>>
>>67667970
Lol. No. He's accessing Kryptonian technology to communicate with an alien species. Stop trying so hard
>>
>>67668004
You're not wrong, but these scenes also have subtext babe, no matter how hard you try to deny it.
>>
So his plan was for eldritch horrors from outer space to find us and then what?
Does he want destruction for the sake of destruction?
>>
Baptism is implied in the tub scene between Clark and Lois. But in this moment in time they aren't being truly honest with each other. Note how when Clark arrives Lois rushes to hide the diary's bullet. Still this scene shows intimacy because Clark removes his glasses, but they aren't cleansed because they are riddled with doubt about their relationship.
>I don't know if it's possible for you to be you and still love me. (something along these lines).

Clark gives her a rose as a promise of faithfulness (this is juxtaposed with Bruce bringing flowers to his mother's grave), and he keeps that promise when he hears her drowning and rushes to save her, even when the faith of the world is at peril. Still, if he hadn't rushed in to save her, he wouldn't have been able to retrieve the spear, the only thing capable of destroying evil. So the baptism is truly performed then.

Notice how Lex is performing blood sacrifices in a pagan temple. And he finally summons a diety(Steppenwolf/Baphomet) in the form of that being. Note how being submerged in water implies baptism. He's being baptized alright, but in murky impure water.
>>
>>67667607
end of round one
>>
>>67668036
Doomsday is a crime of nature, an extension of his hatred and envy, a deformed man, and an extension of Lex because it's his own flesh and blood. I'm guessing he feels he's in too deep and transforming himself into a demon. So he partakes in communion with them. Anything to overpower Superman.
>>
As someone who barely read comics is Luthor supposed to be autistic?
>>
>>67667931
kek'd
>>
>>67668004
Well of course he's literally talking with aliens, but the symbolism is very obvious. I mean, in a scene called "Communion" he's in a pool of murky red water communicating with a horned figure.

>>67668036
I guess the point is that he hates Superman (who's pretty much Jesus) and wants to destroy him no matter what. He resents Superman having so much power, and has pretty much made himself powerful by being responsible for the apocalypse coming

>>67668094
Like this guy said, he's gone off the deep end into demonic stuff

>>67668103
No, he's meant to be a cool, collected businessman. The movie Lex is basically a different character. Some people are saying his mentions of his father mean that his dad was the original comic Lex.
>>
>>67668026

Whatever implied contrived subtext is shallow and poorly executed. Not for lack of trying - but rather for trying to much.

Remember, this is the film that had more plotlines than an entire season of Game of Thrones.
>>
>>67668137
The fact that you couldn't keep up with the plotlines doesn't make them bad.
>>
It's like someone swapped Luthor's script with Mad Hatter's one.
>>
>>67668103
No. Luthor is supposed to be a charismatic genius.
But for some reason, he is basically Joker light in this movie.
>>
>>67668152

Yes, it does. Because none of them lead anywhere.

Hehe, remember Iron Man 1? The very first Iron Man? When the end credits scene foreshadowed the Avengers? Remember how that kind of End Credits scene became a Schtick?

Yeah, Zack Snyder just took that entire schtick and mashed out a subplot out of it. This film is factually horrible.
>>
>>67668050

The funny thing is that Snyder didn't even go deep into the plot. He basically did shit for the sake of it looking cool. Literally nothing you said was included on purpose.
>>
Joker's drive was never envy and lust for power, Snyder does compares them because they are part of the Batman mythos but outright claiming that they're the same character because they both act cooky is retarded.
>>
>>67668160
Luthor was a charismatic genius though.

He lost his temper a few times and had some outbursts, which the other Luthor portrayals were known for as well.
>>
>>67668184
>horrible
That's a 3 syllable word for any thought too big for little minds.
>>
Eisenberg was the opposite of Batfleck.

Can't remember bogger miscast in recent memory,
>>
File: descent and pietá.jpg (279 KB, 1372x1221) Image search: [Google]
descent and pietá.jpg
279 KB, 1372x1221
>>67668194
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

At first people were angry because Snyder loves hamfisting his religious imagery.
>>
Kek @ this fan boy trying to damage control the cluster fuck of a plot this movie had.
It wasn't hard to understand at all. You are trying to patch holes in a leaking darn with all these deeper meaning nonsense.
This movie was your regular popcorn big budget blockbuster. Nothing more.
>>
>>67668201
>Luthor was a charismatic genius
to whom? everytime he was on screen he was acting like a petulant with snarky reactions.
>>
Eisenberg was a perfect casting choice to portray a modern Luthor. Sorry that comicfags were angry that they wanted a stoic bald guy. The thing is that it worked, just as Superman is still inexperienced so is this Lex Zuckerberg. He'll probably be more akin to the traditional version in the future anyway. He's already bald.
>>
>>67668304
a lot of people miss that snyders lex is specifically constructed to contrast with bruce wayne.
bruce is old money, whose family wealth dates back to fur trappers. lex created his wealth mostly in his. lexcorp spans only 2 generations, and its current wealth is mostly lex's own doing.
bruce loves his parents and misses them dearly. lex hated his father.
the wayne manor is a burnt ruin left to rot. lex perfectly preserved his fathers room.
bruce and alfred talk often, and maintain a friendship. we never really see lex talking to his secretary and she is sent off to die.

bravo, snyder
>>
>>67668248

Yeah he adds religious shit because in his small mind he think it gives his movies deeper meaning.
That is like the most generic, rookie way for a director to seem deep.
Snyder isn't that smart to make his movies deep. It's all faux complexity. He is a gym rat that thinks tattoos are cool and edgy.
>>
Apocalypse is coming for Earth in Justice League part 1.

also

Lex Luthor will be possessed by Brainiac.
>>
>>67668349
Oh anon, heed my words, the true Lex Luthor mastermind here was Snyder all along.
>>
>>67668349
>Yeah he adds religious shit because in his small mind he think it gives his movies deeper meaning.
all the justice league villains are religious shit except they're from space. It was a concious decision that makes sense, it's just the screenwriter is absolute shit
>>
>>67668414
you're too lazy to analyze further
>>
File: Lex Luthor.jpg (302 KB, 1208x800) Image search: [Google]
Lex Luthor.jpg
302 KB, 1208x800
>>67667607
What if he's actually Alexander Luthor and his dad who used to beat him is the real Lex Luthor
>>
File: Blue Pepe.jpg (94 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
Blue Pepe.jpg
94 KB, 1280x1024
Ding Ding?
>>
>>67668184
brah you need to do the movie viewing equivalent of GIT GUD
>>
>>67668487
>"The company was named after my father; he was the Lex before Lex Corp"

How do people miss this shit?
>>
>>67668745
half the board is plebs
>>
>>67668272
>To whom
To the guy who suicide bombes himself
>>
>>67667828
Why in the fuck would they even cut this from the movie for, honestly? It's 44 seconds that actually lets you know how the fuck Lex knows about Darkseid.
>>
>>67667607
Just your typical
>hahaha i'm so crazy
>tick tock tick tock tick tock
Dumb fucking movie.
>>
>>67668745
Yeah, he's the Lex Luthor of this generation. An unhinged tech billionaire. I thought it was a good change.

>>67668810
I know right? Just 44 seconds and would have fit in the movie as it is. Would have added to the creepy atmosphere of the Darkseid tease.
>>
>>67668810
I liked it being omitted honestly, the whole demons coming from the sky and zooming to the painting was enough foreshadowing. Remember that things are more terrifying when you imagine them.
>>
>>67668810
You know becaus of the painting of demons coming from the sky and that the ship's database had info on thousands of planets. So you connect the dots that the demons are ayy lmaos and Lex rang a bell to call them.
>>
>>67668810
I think the fact that he spends so much time in an alien spaceship learning about over 100,000 alien species (or whatever the robot tells him) is enough to let you know how he knows about Darkseid.

We don't need to know it's Darkseid. Comic fans would have worked that out for themselves, and the general public still would have no idea what's going on even with that extra scene. They just know Lex has learned something in the ship and knows something bad is coming.
>>
>>67667607

>>
File: 1458925875513.gif (304 KB, 366x512) Image search: [Google]
1458925875513.gif
304 KB, 366x512
>>67668939
>>67668911
>>67668880

The seed ship literally just says "data from 100,000 worlds"; it doesn't state anything about aliens. In Man of Steel, they state that the Kyptonian Empire spanned one hundred thousand worlds.

I mean shit, if the Kryptonians had contact with Darkseid or Apokolips' race, then they would have been wiped out far before their planet was destroyed.
>>
>>67669080
>the Kyptonian Empire spanned one hundred thousand worlds
>Everyone dies when the main planet blows up
Bravo Nolan
>>
>>67669080
>then they would have been wiped out far before their planet was destroyed.
they mostly were
>>
>>67669150
>>67669223

Their galactic borders receded because of dwindling resources and technology atrophy, wasn't it? Isn't that why all their colonies died off? They couldn't find an actual sustainable world?
>>
>>67669080
This would maybe explain this >>67669150

Maybe they encountered Darkseid while they were exploring space, got fucking rekt, then decided to abandon the space programs and focus on tanking out krypton with defenses.
>>
>>67669150
It's not Nolan it's Snyder you piece of reddit shit.
>>
>>67669320
>They couldn't find an actual sustainable world?
sustainable as in what? everything eventually dies and kryptonians are an old fucking race. apart from the demon side of the universe they could take any planet a terraform it if they really wanted.
>>
>>67669415
>they could take any planet a terraform it if they really wanted.
Terraforming is useless unless the planet has a healthy Sun.
>>
>>67669464
that doesn't defeat the point of what is sustainable. they had their fucking time in the sun (pun intended) and ultimately died a bit earlier because they didn't want to kill the humans
>>
>>67668212

So pretty much any thought we normal people have would be considered horrible to Zack Snyder?

>>67668726
Salty
>>
>>67669959
>So pretty much any thought we normal people have would be considered horrible to Zack Snyder?
No, he respects you and doesn't force feed you shit in film form.
>>
>>67670024
>No, he respects you and doesn't force feed you shit in film form.

I have never come upon a more false statement.
>>
>>67667607
>Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding

He's trying to speak Indian, he's just missing a few 'pop pop's
>>
>>67667607
he meant that he got his scenes cut
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-MUzvASr8s
>>
it still should have been a ping
>>
Its the bell ringing signifying there is no more protector

In a cut scene soldiers find Luthor communicating with some sort of giant ass alien and surrounded by Mother Boxes

Remember what the ship said about knowledge of 100,000 worlds?

It told him about Apokalypse
>>
>>67668810
Because it makes zero sense
people would be saying "wait, what?" upon seeing it
>>
File: e.jpg (15 KB, 600x313) Image search: [Google]
e.jpg
15 KB, 600x313
>>67670128
>still didn't get it
>>
>>67667852
oh good subtext
>>
>>67669080
their space ships were armed
why would they be armed if they never encountered a hostile race?
>>
>>67670190
It makes sense knowing the ship has a database with planets and that it can communicate with them, how's that hard to grasp?
>>
>>67669080
if they never encountered a hostile alien race why would they have a General Zod and his army bred to defend Krypton?
>>
>>67670237
and then you see this giant wtf monster thing completely out of left field
to the casual viewer no its nonsensical
unless there are additional scenes of Lex learning things from the ship

Aside from the alien dude there is a solar system floating in the air that is not ours
>>
>>67670292
>giant wtf monster thing
It's an alien

are you really that stupid?
>>
>>67670364
what would the audience say
>>
>>67670209

There's nothing to get except butthurt DC fags.
>>
>>67670463
>I'm an egomaniac and belittle people's intelligence
Got it
>>
File: 2345235235345573.jpg (154 KB, 834x979) Image search: [Google]
2345235235345573.jpg
154 KB, 834x979
>>67670487
>>
>>67670292

The problem with the film is that it thinks it's smarter than it is and it tries to shoehorn so much stuff into there that's the cinematic equivalent of putting every time of topping you can on your hot dog - ruining it in the process.

Had the film been about Batman and Superman, it would have been good. Now it's not, and it isn't. This filmis on par with Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen in terms with not making any sense.
>>
>>67670527

Nice picture, in some alternative universe it might hold some form of relevance.
>>
>>67669320
>technology atrophy
how does technology suddenly atrophy?

lel
>>
>>67670534
>Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen

This was a better film to be brutally honest
>>
File: R8mQO[1].jpg (38 KB, 589x399) Image search: [Google]
R8mQO[1].jpg
38 KB, 589x399
>>67670550
You're in it
>>
>>67670527
Never seen something so ridiculously self-righteous before.
You should Masturbate your penis, and not your ego.
>>
>>67670489

I'm not the guy you're replying to, but speaking as someone with limited knowledge of the DC universe, I was thoroughly confused. To the point where I thought that this wasn't even part of the movie, but some fan cut of something.

The Alien looks too demonic, and the figure it's MEANT to POSSIBLY resemble, is fairly obtuse even to those more in-the-know.

It was definitely the right choice to leave it out, and release it for the fans later. People who went to see it just because it's a blockbuster aren't going to bother anyway.

Besides, Lex's whole warning was good enough.
>>
>>67670789
I agree on leaving it out too. Feels much more like an unknown looming threat.
>>
>>67670169
This anón knows!
It represents the sound of a motherbox,
ping,ping,ping,ding,ding,ding
>>
>>67668745
Why did he even feel the need to explain it? Wouldn't people who know him already know that? Was it purely to fit in exposition?
>>
>>67668487
>>67668745

There's no "real Lex Luthor" or in this case Jesse is supposed to be the Lex Luthor that serves as Superman's antagonist, it's not as if he was a super scientist that fought Superman and Jesse Luthor is following his legacy, he died years before Superman came to Earth.
>>
>>67669080
Nouveau Genessia pleb!!
>>
File: communion.jpg (122 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
communion.jpg
122 KB, 1920x1080
So what was this? The cubes are mother boxes obviously
>>
File: 1366442-motherbox[1].jpg (169 KB, 605x613) Image search: [Google]
1366442-motherbox[1].jpg
169 KB, 605x613
>>67670993

Nah, they just go ping, Jesse's ding shit was just him being off the wall.
>>
>>67670894
I don't even know how it's unknown. Lex literally says "He knows and is coming" or something like that shit in the prison scene. Couple that with the Knightmare and anyone with a brain can know he's being influenced by Darkseid.

I'm really not sure why so many people wish Lex was like "I have done these things and now I know that my master Darkseid (TM) will come to Earth!"
>>
>>67671142
>The cubes are mother boxes obviously
So is it a motherbox in the Cyborg video?
>>
File: ah geez not again.jpg (17 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
ah geez not again.jpg
17 KB, 320x240
>>67671259

Yes, in his new origin from the comics a motherbox builds him his cyborg body so they used the same thing here.

>my face when Miles Dyson is Cyborg's dad
>>
>>67668184
And then Joss Whedon made a whole movie out of it.

The point you're making is invalid just for this reason alone.
>>
>>67671235
The thing is that you still don't know what to expect from this universe, I liked the Lovecraftian spin they gave Darkseid
>>
>>67671235
>Couple that with the Knightmare and anyone with a brain can know he's being influenced by Darkseid
nigger do you really think anybody outside of fanboys knew what a parademon is or what the fuck they were seeing in that dream sequence?
>>
THOU FOOL
WHAT HATH BEEN WROUGHT CANNOT BE UNDONE
THE CREATURE WITHIN THE BLACKNESS HATH HEARD THE SUMMONS
AND HE IS COMING
THE BEAST FROM THE PIT HATH HEARD THE SUMMONING KNELL
DING DING DING DING DING
>>
>>67671302
i know right. Its liek are you trying to imply the terminators exist here cause that would make BvS better.
>>
>>67671507
>I liked the Lovecraftian spin they gave Darkseid
There's no way that creature in the ship was Darkseid, though.

>>67671518
Why should I give a shit? Loki never goes "My master, Thanos (TM) will be most displeased!" at the end of Avengers and when they show this big purple alien dude there was no arrow pointing to him with a name. Normies didn't know who he was. Fans did.
>>
>>67667607

It's a homage to breaking bad and specifically Hugo salamander
>>
>>67671636

Nah, I just think it's a great nod to his role Terminator that they got the actor, nothing more than that.
>>
>>67671641
>Why should I give a shit?
you said everyone with a braincell should know and now you are saying only fans will know

make up your fucking mind
>>
>>67667916
No he's literally a devil worshiper because he hates God. He hates God because God wasn't there for little Alexander when his dad was beating the shit out of him.
>>
>>67671870
>make up your fucking mind
Okay. Anyone with a braincell and cursory knowledge of the DC universe. Thanks for making me choose and keeping me honest. :^)
>>
>>67671901
>nihilists who hates God
Not only is this a fine motivation to hate Superman, but the fact it triggers so much of 4chan makes me think it's because they relate to it so much.
>>
>>67672004
That's what I've been saying from the start, /tv/ despises him because they see too much of themselves in him, it hit too close for comfort. He's a high functioning aspie with delusions of grandeur.
>>
>>67671355

>The point you're making is invalid just for this reason alone.

Not really, considering the point of Avengers was to just throw superheroes at each other. The point of this film was... I don't know, it goes all over the place.
>>
>>67667828
This little scene was awesome until that cheesy theme came in, should have kept the music/sound, creepy as shit, would have worked much better.
>>
>>67672225
CHOIR FROM HELL DUDE LMAO
>>
>>67671641
we see his army in batmans dream
>>
File: mm-mm.jpg (93 KB, 720x640) Image search: [Google]
mm-mm.jpg
93 KB, 720x640
Can you really blame people for not understanding Lex's motivation when it was mentioned in literally one line of dialog near the of the movie?
>>
>>67672097
>delusions
There's nothing delusional about him.
>>
>>67672369
Yes... and there are about a million citizens of Apokolips Lex could have been communing with, including some who have armor similar to the features of the creature. It's very unlikely they would shift Darkseid's character design so radically and blow their load by showing him in a deleted scene in one movie.

A herald of Darkseid, obviously. Darkseid himself? I'd bet money against it.

And if you want more proof that Darkseid is the villain for normies, use the fact that his fucking logo is stamped on the ground in Knightmare. It's a lot more convincing than the parademon army which they were probably confused by to begin with.
>>
>>67672407
I admit it.. I watched a cam rip. I recall not knowing exactly what he said there.
>>67672369
This was the one hole I couldn't make sense, I think you called it. nice work
>>
>>67672407
It wasn't though, it's explored throughout the movie. For instance, the speech in the charity event reveals that he feels powerless having knowledge.
>>
>>67672514

It's Steppenwolf. no not the band
>>
>>67672582
So he's pissed that he's the head of a giant evil corp and a genius but not king of the world. So he wants to remove the guy preventing him from claiming his rightful throne? Not bad.
>>
>>67672626
Possible, but certainly not known. Could just as easily be Yuga Khan, or even a redesigned Desaad. Hell, it could be fucking Granny Goodness for all we know. Though I hope not, because she's the only legitimately scary bad guy in comics to me just because she's an old lady.
>>
>>67672632
>>67672582

This. And it's not even very different from the normal Lex motivation. It's certainly better than a goddamned property scam.
>>
>>67668248
Please stop embarrassing us DCbro
>>
>>67672694
>e just because she's an old lady.

Ara ara~
>>
>>67668248
>just in time for easter
>>
File: because it's PARADOXICAL.jpg (35 KB, 720x320) Image search: [Google]
because it's PARADOXICAL.jpg
35 KB, 720x320
>>67672582
Yeah, there are little snippets of it here and there. And if you notice he also does that nervous voice thing there too. So I guess Jessie was using it to accentuate the important part. But it feels more like a part of his daddy issues. He laments the lack of power because he didn't have it when his father abused him.
>>
>>67672740
Her man voice doesn't help.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2qnYkDAyQI
>>
>>67672632
Couldn't have said it better, now add to this that he projects his father figure into Superman, so he blames him because he didn't rescue Lex when his father hit him. Now that's pure hatred if you ask me.
>>
the problem with BvS is it's filled with neat symbolism and shit but thats because zack focused on that instead of

the actual like, story
>>
>>67667931

>uncle tio
>uncle uncle

dafuq?
>>
File: jltw206.jpg (35 KB, 500x455) Image search: [Google]
jltw206.jpg
35 KB, 500x455
>>67671507
the flying guys in the Knightmare are Apokolips shock troopers
>>
>>67672819
Man, I really liked the part where he hesitates for a moment when the AI asks him if he wants to assume control of the ship.
>>
>>67672862
The McGuffin in the story is the kryptonite. Everything revolves around it.
>>
>>67672993
ok but that doesnt stop the narrative from being a fucking mess
>>
>>67672862
>It has no story
I don't get this meme. Sure, characterizations could have been expounded on more, but the plot was coherent. The back-and-forth editing was exactly the type we see in more stylistic comic book adaptations like Sin City (the first of which was praised for it), the three plots come together pretty seamlessly at the end.

I just find it odd how many "plotholes" people have that can be explained because they didn't notice a part earlier in the film or didn't pay attention to what a character said at one point. And no, I don't think it's because Zack's too smart, but at the same time I'm not sure the director has an obligation to simplify things so much.
>>
>>67673000
for you
>>
>>67673000
Explain.

I literally went in going "4chan says the story's a mess." and i was never lost. It all made sense to me. I was confused by the reaction far mroe than teh story.
>>
>>67672916
>Would you like to assume command?
>Y-yes I would...

That was great. Jessie was my favorite part of the movie.
>>
>expounded
>>
>>67671507
>Lovecraftian
There is nothing remotely Lovecraftian in the movie. Read Lovecraft you meme vomiting shit heap.
>>
>>67667607
His scenes were literally cringe worthy.
>>
>>67673075
So were 50% of Deadpool's but everyone sure loved the shit out of that for some reason.
>>
File: laughing bat mask.jpg (23 KB, 416x457) Image search: [Google]
laughing bat mask.jpg
23 KB, 416x457
>>67673073
>nothing lovecraftian
see >>67671142

also there is the concept of the doomsday creation being an abomination, a bastardization of their purity
which is something Lovecraft was deeply concerned with
>>
File: c86[1].jpg (68 KB, 526x300) Image search: [Google]
c86[1].jpg
68 KB, 526x300
>>67673073
>Unknown Godly terror from outer space
>not Lovecraftian
>>
>>67673109
that is not lovecraftian
>>
>>67673120
>also there is the concept of the doomsday creation being an abomination, a bastardization of their purity
>>
>>67671142
it's steppenwolf
>>
>>67673119
SHUT UP

im sick and tired of you bookfags and your GODDAMN LOVECRAFT SHIT

why dont you go shove your sonic screw driver toy up your ASS
>>
>>67673004
I think it's about people being receptive, they didn't like the style and so weren't going to make the effort of following the fast-paced plot.

>>67673073
The mention of a demonic being out in "the stars and the darkness" being made aware of Earth is pure Lovecraft.
>>
>>67672407
>Daddy's abominations

Was it rape?
>>
>>67673109
What I said before stands. Not only is it not Lovecraftian, its not even in the movie, its a deleted scene. Moron.
>>67673119
Unknowable terrors beyond Man's ability to fathom are Lovecraftian, even going beyond the Source Wall would be.
Yuga Khan, Steppenwolf, whatever, is just a bad space human. Lovecraft would vomit in rage at the idea of beings from another world being recognisably human.
>>
>>67668487
>What if he's actually Alexander Luthor and his dad who used to beat him is the real Lex Luthor

But in this universe there is no Old Man Lex Luthor that used to beat Superman.

What actually happened is this:
"What can we do to make this more modern?"
"What if Lex Luthor was some kind of millennial little shit instead of an old bald magnate?"
"Oh like Zuckerberg?"
"Yes, but like more insane because he's a bad guy!"
"Amazing idea Chaim! Who do we get to play this important villain?"
"How about the guy who played Zuckerberg?"
"MInd. Blown. It's so subtle it's genius."
"But we have to let everyone know he's all young and hipster and with it to the millennials."
"Don't worry, he'll be a stuttering autistic cunt the entire movie!"
>>
>>67673183
does lovecraft have a monopoly on space monsters or some shit?

i wish i was born in a time where his works are completely forgotten
>>
>>67673183
>they didn't like the style and so weren't going to make the effort of following the fast-paced plot.
See, I don't like coming to the conclusion like "they didn't get it", but increasingly it seems like the only reasonable explanation.

>>67673151
Don't trigger me like that. That book went south so fucking fast and had so much potential.
>>
>>67673183
Bad guy from space who the goodies will beat is the antithesis of cosmic horror.
Lovecraft would cast humanity as an ant unable to fathom the shoe that crushes us.
>>
>>67673290
So did you just think he was a bad interpretation of the character, then? Because otherwise nothing you said should negate a bad guy from being a good villain. Like, have you interacted with aspies in real life? They're creepy as fuck.
>>
>>67673333
>>67673183
No amount of quads will save you from your annoying argument. Just shut the fuck up and stop wanking off a shitty author from nearly a century ago. His ideas persist because they're novel, not because they're good.
>>
Jessie's Lex almost felt like a parody of socially retarded teenagers on the Internet but I'm not sure if it was intentional.
>>
>>67673376
having a speech impediment and being nervous in crowds doesnt make me creepy
>>
>>67673376
>So did you just think he was a bad interpretation of the character, then?

Yes.

Neurotic angsty autistic are not what the Lex character is about. Lex is supposed to be a genius, he fights Superman with technology and planning.

They tried doing that with the whole "I set up this fight between you and Batman", but there's nothing clever about the execution or his kidnapping Martha.

Honestly the Kingpin in the Daredevil TV show pulled off this kind of character better, and he's not even meant to be a supergenius, he's just a scheming brute.

> Like, have you interacted with aspies in real life?

Yes and they're nothing like Lex in the movie.
>>
>>67673330
Well I'm not saying "2deep4u" because I think anyone can understand BvS, but most didn't give it a chance because they didn't like the style.
>>
>>67673492

Let me add to this that I actually liked BvS as a flawed film, I think Lex was the worst part of it (and hence where it could have been improved a lot).

I look forward to the extended edition, it sounds like a lot got cut, which might explain the jumbled parts better.

Or Snyder is just not very competent. That is also an option.

Batfleck has potential though. I hope they make a great Dark Knight comic era character. I always found BaleBat obnoxious and overrated.

I want the movie version of the Joker breaking Batman mentally and finally "winning" by having Batman kill him.

This grimdark reboot universe could work well for that. Not sure how the fuck they're gonna integrate Aquaman and Flash into a grimdark movie universe but I'll watch their attempt.
>>
>>67673492
>18 month conspiracy to defame and demoralize superman
>has superman questioning whether he should even bother helping people
>not clever

How long before you saw the film did you decide you hated it?
>>
>>67673476
What does a speech impediment have to do with anything?

And if you're implying you have aspies, there are a lot more subtle body language things you miss that probably make people uncomfortable to interact with you.
>>
>>67667607
He was channeling the Joker throughout the film.
>>
>>67673714
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe
>>
>>67673714
I don't see why people are relating him with Heath's Joker.
He acts like a kid with ADHD and social anxiety, not as a madman.
>>
>>67667607
DING DING DING DING DING
BOYS
>>
>>67673752
He would have made a decent Joker. Instead he's just a shitty Lex.
>>
>>67673204
DING DING DING DING DING
Daddy Lex had a rape bell.
Someone sketch that shit now.
>>
>>67667607
he had a bomb in his wheelchair remember and he was saying ding ding ding ding to explode it????? snyder is like breaking bad, pure genius
>>
>>67673267
>just a bad space human
That's the portrayal in the comics, so far what's led you to believe that's the direction the movies are headed?
>>
File: 1459354359036.png (166 KB, 370x402) Image search: [Google]
1459354359036.png
166 KB, 370x402
>>67672407
>I'm gonna kill superman because he didnt save me from daddy
>>
>>67673463
It was. He's the embodiment of the millenial psyche, Social Network reference included.
>>
>>67673779
As Lex from the comics, yeah he's shitty.

As his own villain, I think he's great. I mean, what kind of businessman villain would be good to sum up the current generation? A neurotic tech billionaire.
>>
>>67673646

>How long before you saw the film did you decide you hated it?

I explicitly say in the post you're replying to I liked it and you trot out this bullshit?

What a fucking victim complex.
>>
>>67673711
what are these body languages?
>>
>>67673832
>See deleted scene
>humanoid
>from space
>bad
Why assume otherwise?
>>
>>67673779
>>67673752
>>67673714
The Joker reference is also intentional. And that the entire point of the movie is to show that the Superman mythos belongs to no one and everyone at the same time. This is the historical baggage that Snyder is aware these characters carry: An endless barrage of fanboys and comics since the 30's, comparison to other iconic characters, everyone thinking they have the last word on how these characters should behave and act.
It compares Superman to Christ, Moby Dick, King Arthur, Zorro, JFK, etc. Batman is compared with Ahab. It compares Doomsday with a fire spouting dragon, King Kong, a falling meteorite, a nuclear holocaust, etc. So naturally it does the same with Lex. There are many more comparisons with the Nolan trilogy. For instance, the Batmobile scene ends up in him running into Superman, while the Nolan version he decides to spare the Joker on his motorcycle. The Gotham team's uniform is the same color in both films. Lois Lane and Rachel are dropped from a building. It's a deconstruction and analysis of the characters themselves.
The film thrives on these types of associations, like the red Jolly Rancher pushed into the senator's mouth - "it's cherry" - coming back as the blood dripped onto Zod's face. It's precisely this uncomfortable reevaluation and redemption of sugary pop imagery that drives the film. "Snyder intends to resolve the conflict between commerce and art," as Armond White notes. The basic thesis is that Superhero franchises are antithetical to what Superman actually stands for.

The fact that not a single character behaved the fanboys expected them just proves the point that all this was intentional.
>>
In the clip near the start you can hear the monster say "alexander luthor" about 5 seconds in.

youtube comments were useful for once
>>
>>67674102
*behaved the way
>>
File: 1459391623724.jpg (123 KB, 1916x806) Image search: [Google]
1459391623724.jpg
123 KB, 1916x806
>>67674102
Holy shit, kill yourself
>>
>>67674159
too big for little minds
>>
>>67674102
how much money do they give you?
>>
>>67674102
oh my god

where were you when they were shitting on star wars
>>
>>67674186
I do it for free
>>
>>67674102
10/10 if bait.

If not, meh. Deconstructing the genre was what Watchmen was for. Kinda want a snyder film that isn't Watchmen again.
>>
So they are going to make Darkseid and his buddies demonic rather than off-coloured humans?
>>
>>67671142

what the fuck is a motherbox
>>
>>67675217
DC's Cosmic cube.
>>
File: 1457397939816.jpg (50 KB, 408x439) Image search: [Google]
1457397939816.jpg
50 KB, 408x439
>>67675323

what the fuck is a cosmic cube, what it's purpose and usage
>>
>>67675079
>off-coloured humans
Other than Darkseid, the new gods are almost all white people, m8.

And their design is basically a vestigal remnant of Kirby's silver age fancy, so if you want to make them legitimately scary (except Granny Goodness and Darkseid himself), you'll want to make them unsettling to look at as well.
>>
>>67667852
>>67667926
>>67667916
Trigon?
>>
>>67675376
Oh, and whatever weird ape-man Kaliback is.
>>
>>67675354
Macguffin.
>>
>>67675417

ah
>>
>>67675354
Don't listen to these faggots. A motherbox is a hyper-computer used by New Gods. It allows them to create wormholes and do all sorts of neat shit. Sometimes they transform into vehicles ans stuff.
>>
>>67675482
See>>67675417
>>
>>67675354
in the story it's a macguffin, in the comics it's the most powerful item in the universe capable of rewriting reality
it's used as a source of energy and plot device in first avenger
>>
>>67675499
But it literally isn't. A motherbox is a tool. It doesn't move the plot forward any more than the fucking Batmobile does. I've never seen a story in which it serves as a macguffin. The cosmic cube IS a macguffin. That's the fucking point. They have nothing in common except their shape and being from space.
>>
>>67675417
>doesn't know that a Macguffin is a plot point.

It's like saying gadgets in bond movies are Mcguffins.

The ring in LOTR is a Mcguffin.

Don't use words you don't understand fuckwit.
>>
File: 1434601836546.png (382 KB, 540x436) Image search: [Google]
1434601836546.png
382 KB, 540x436
>>67667607
He talks about how something out in the deep depths of space is hungry and has been called to earth.

The bell has been rung

Ding ding ding

The Dinner bell?

How did you not get this you fucking faggot?
>>
>>67667607
Snyder is the new Lucas.
>>
>>67676112
>the joke

>your head
>>
>>67667607
He means that the movie is nearly over, and now is your last chance to storm out and ask for a refund.
>>
>>67667607
He means himself, Aqua man, Flash are a bunch of retarded miscast
Thread replies: 210
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.