[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, why exactly can't women understand these kind of films?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: Master_And_Commander-006.jpg (143 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Master_And_Commander-006.jpg
143 KB, 1024x768
So, why exactly can't women understand these kind of films?
>>
Because they've never been out to sea in the 19th century.
>>
>>67662408
Camaraderie, bravery in the face of overwhelming odds, gratuitous amounts of violence and gore, national pride, sense of duty, dead children, children using guns, actual science, lack of women in the actual film, no homoeroticism or romantic relationships to fanfic about, hairy old men, men not giving a fuck, etc.
>>
Because men who say that are the kind of men that women close themselves off to out of self preservation. Then they use this as evidence that women are vapid.

This was my favorite movie for many years. I even read all the books. Maturin is a true bro.
>>
>>67662408
Because to become a man you have to serve on a ship of the line on your 18th birthday, but its a secret no one talks about so you can't prepare for it. So OP confirmed for female or underageb&
>>
>>67662408
They can't.
>>
My mom took me to see this in theaters. She loves this and war movies
>>
>>67662518
>national pride

I like how you tried to insert this as though something like "national pride" isn't inherently emotional, illogical, absurd, cowardly, anti-scientific, etc.
>>
>>67664186
but shee don't understand them XD
>>
>Not keeping the last rare masculine film ever made a secret
>>
>>67664199
Nothing irrational about it. You share the same core values, history, culture, faith, government, and economy with your fellow countrymen. You also share a common ancestor, so there is the familial connection with your countrymen.
Just because modern pop culture and multiculturalism has essentially supplanted actual culture doesn't mean it has lost it's value, it just means we're missing out on something important and binding our ancestors knew and enjoyed.
>>
>>67664199
Cuck
>>
>>67664200
Shit idk, she would drag my ass to all the civil war battle fields when I was on summer vacation in middle school
>>
File: IMG_9612079406156.jpg (46 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9612079406156.jpg
46 KB, 960x540
>>67664199
>>
File: oppose.jpg (78 KB, 500x356) Image search: [Google]
oppose.jpg
78 KB, 500x356
>>67664199
>>
Flicks are for women, kino is for men

What's also funny are those feminists on okcupid and so on who claim to be sooo liberated from the ebul straight white male cis patriarchy and then they go on to randomly quote these very same straight white male directors in their favorite movies profile section LOL
>>
File: 1431479951320.jpg (167 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1431479951320.jpg
167 KB, 600x450
>tfw you will never play music with jack aubrey in the dead of night as you feel the boat swaying gently in the water beneath you
>you will never call him goldilocks
>you will never dress him up as a bear to sneak him over the spanish border
>you will never watch him feast and demand dinner at 3pm
>you will never spook him with talk of teratomas
>you will never get annoyed at him when he goes to concerts and taps his fingers against his thigh off rhythm to the actual music
>you will never be stranded on an island with him
>you will never watch him fall off a horse, get his ankle caught in the stirrup and get dragged through a muddy field while whores watch from a distance
why even live
>>
>>67662408
I've only seen women at these films.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.