[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did this actually happen?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 66
File: tfarating.png (176 KB, 748x314) Image search: [Google]
tfarating.png
176 KB, 748x314
Whether or not you liked it and whether or not it is a good movie, you have to acknowledge how many people criticize it. Can we have a serious discussion on how it actually happened that review sites so overwhelmingly show it praise? Were these reviews really plausible when almost every non-starwars film-related forum has huge amounts of people (quite possibly a majority) who vehemently criticize it?
>>
>>67657268
Disney bought reviews.
That's all there is to it.
>>
>>67657268
Outside of /tv/ ive never heard it criticised
>>
>>67657268
You're in your little internet bubble, which gives you the false impression that the reception was mixed. The vast majority of people loved the movie.
>>
>>67657312
[citation needed]
>>
>>67657312
It helps a lot having a female and a nigger as leads. Any criticism could easily be dismissed as racism or sexism and most modern critics are glorified bloggers with a degree on liberal arts
>>
>>67657268
Like Gravity, it's a good film that's become popular to hate over time.
>>
>>67657354
That's such bs. There are tons of politically correct films that get shat on by critics. Fantastic Four, The Danish Girl, The Butler, etc.
>>
>>67657344
this. all my friends dug it, some even saw it twice and one three times. i didn't think it was worth watching twice, though. entertaining movie but it didn't have the New Hope spark. i hope the next one's better.
>>
This is true.
>>67657312

This is false.
>>67657344
Not everyone lives on /tv/ anon, some of us know human beings.
>>
>>67657344

Most of my co-workers were completely and utterly indifferent to it. Of the ones who had strong opinions, the ratio of dislike to like was 3:2. Its a small sample size and an older demographic than perhaps Disney was targeting, but it is by no means only criticized on this board exclusively.
>>
>>67657268
It really wasn't bad in any way.

Just ridiculously safe and has a Mary Sue protagonist which Average Joes don't notice or care about.
>>
The film was good?
>>
>>67657268
good movie
>>
>>67657268
I have a theory.
Our senses have become dull from too many movies watched so it takes more than the average schlick to stimulate our brain, and that's why we find everything shit.
I used to like a lot of movies when i was younger but now i see how shit they were.
>>
"""nerd culture""" is a very big thing
>>
>>67657440
This is all anecdotal obviously, but I saw it on opening night and the audience obviously loved it. I saw it the week after release on Christmas (so it wasn't just fans who preordered tickets) and not only did the audience love it even more they fucking clapped at the end. Given the gross and given the interenet reviews, I think it's fair to say that people gnerally liked the movie
>>
>89% audience score

sounds right to me OP
>>
Critics aren't people who nitpick over it having a mary sue and call it "shit"

>(quite possibly a majority) who vehemently criticize it
try leaving 4chan once in a while
>>
>people only watched it because of reviews

>but BATMAN V SUPERMAN TAUGHT US REVIEWS DON'T COUNT!!

>UHH UHH UHH UHH METACRITIC SCORE!
>PEOPLE TOTALLY SPENT 2 BILLION ON THIS MOVIE THEY HATED!
>>
>>67657594
That's now a bad thing though. It's called developing taste. The ability to raise your standards is good
>>
RT is a metric of how many critics liked the movie, not how much they liked the movie. It's possible to criticize a movie, but still like it in spite of its flaws. Apparently that's how 92% of critics felt.
>>
>>67657708
Yes but now i can rarely find anything enjoyable.
>>
>>67657312
just look at red letter media's review. It is literally the most positive review they've ever done.
>>
>>67657594
It's a shit theory given that objectively worse films than TFA get praised here, and that critics who liked TFA watch even more movies than we do.
>>
stronk wimmin lead
>>
>>67657268
It was a well made film, probably bolstered by being so much better than the god awful prequels.
>>
File: image.jpg (82 KB, 660x440) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82 KB, 660x440
>>67657773
Evans could hardly keep a straight face though.

I don't see what's so interesting about Rey... Padme was a far better character.
>>
>>67658568
>Padme was a far better character.
Fuck off.
>>
File: image.jpg (97 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97 KB, 500x667
It's interesting to see them suggest demographic changes.

The fact that FN and Poe are such good buds makes it clear that they'll turn on each other in a big way.

When they do, the result will be kino.
>>
File: 1379844190239.png (57 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1379844190239.png
57 KB, 625x626
>>67658568
>>
>>67658568
All of the characters were structurally way better than Rey. The films just got ruined with shit dialog, directing, and acting (not the whole cast tho)
>>
File: Arnold-Schwarzenegger-1.jpg (324 KB, 2197x1463) Image search: [Google]
Arnold-Schwarzenegger-1.jpg
324 KB, 2197x1463
>>67657633

You watched it twice? Why?
>>
>>67658723
Once with my friends, once with my family on Christmas. We're like Jews, Christmas for us is Chinese food and a movie.
>>
>>67657268
>you have to acknowledge how many people criticize it
Only on /tv/
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 539x284) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 539x284
>>67658614
Padme:
>a young Queen obliged to solve a diplomatic crisis
>poses as one of her consorts in order to reach the Senate
>has to negotiate with Naboo's lowest caste before the conflict is resolved

Rey:
>a coal burning Bong that might get to pilot the Falcon someday.
"Whuppie!"
>>
>>67658878
Good characterization isn't about what a character does, it's how they do it and how the work presents them doing it. There are some fantastic books about the most basic and quotidian problems, that doesn't make the characters in them shit.
>>
>>67657633
I watched RotS twice in theatres and both times people clapped at the end. Now that is regarded as the least shit of the prequels.
>>
>>67659018
I watched Sith the day it came out in a matinee early showing. There were like 8 other people in the theater, and half of them laughed during the Vader "NOOOOOO!" scene. Again, anecdotal.
>>
>>67658872
I guarantee a majority of those will be of the "4.5/5 - It was shit." variety. The review I read in my local paper rattled off a whole list of faults but then said it's a great film anyway because it's star wars and people will love all the throw backs to the OT.

And you know what they were right.
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 620x372
>>67659014
That sounds fair, but you'll notice that in Padme's three main beats, she's discovering and deciding rather than 'reacting with strength'.

Decisive Characters are more interesting than those that are put in motion in order to prove a theory.

You see how Padme isn't the same person she was when she started, and because of her decisionmaking, neither is Anakin, or Naboo.

Did Rey change herself? Did she change Poe? Or Jakku? It didn't look like it.
>>
>>67657354

the fantastic 4 got shat on, so did Blannie.
>>
>>67657633
>he's still butthurt that it couldn't even touch titanic at the box office
>he STILL doesn't know how boxofficemojo works
>>
>>67659408
There is an arc for Rey. She initially doesn't want to get off Jakku and runs away from the lightsaber after the vision. Like Finn, her character is reluctant. It's not a pronounced arc, but it's there.
>>
File: image.jpg (131 KB, 811x560) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
131 KB, 811x560
>>67659922
Alright it may be there in one of Rey's blogposts.

It's interesting watching a movie where neither the villains nor the heroes are allowed to drive the action forward. It's driven mainly by the technology that both sides have accumulated. It's a very materialistic script in that sense.

Ships, beams, and Lightsabers have replaced all of the human elements.
>>
>>67657353
you give disney a bad review, they don't invite you back to any of their preview parties and functionary meet and greet. It's that simple. Reviewers are literally on the fringe of anything, and getting to be invited and flown to premiers means a lot to some people.

Movie was a 4.5/10

BVS was a 6.5/10

maRey Sue and the stupid shit story.

This shit gets a 92% and BVS gets 32%?
>>
>>67657383
>>67657383
>>67657383
>Hate overtime. Compares this shit film to a medicore but interesting film like Gravity. This guy.

ayylmao
>>
>>67660123
That's a weird distinction to make. The technology is just a tool for the humans to use. It's not about the lightsaber itself; like Excalibur it's just the impetus for the protagonist to start their journey. The Death Star is intended to propel the political conflict.
>>
>>67660253
You just have terrible taste. TFA is competent. There's a proper narrative arc, there editing makes sense, the cinematography doesn't draw attention to itself in awkward ways, the story propels forward with all of the elements coming together in a way that's comprehensible. It's a mediocre film at worst. BvS is flat-out bad.
>>
>>67660547
>BvS method of filmmaking
>"'Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars."

>TFA method of filmmaking
>"Let's pander to the 20-something-year-old white male American manchildren that eat this shit up and also shove in as much nostalgia as possible to make it successful"
>>
>>67660719
0/10
>>
>>67660719
This is such a retarded way of looking at this. You judge a film based on its quality, not on its intentions. And it's not like BvS is original anyways. It's full of every narrative and visual cliche imaginable. TFA is a successful tribute to the OT. BvS is every other Zack Snyder movie telling a story that's been told better in comic form.
>>
>>67660547
Proper narrative? What we have is a character, who is able to do anything. Who meets a man who regrets killing and murdering, then goes on to kill and murder the only family he ever knew. And then t his character who for no reason at all, can fly the Falcon, by herself no less, and out dog fight an actual fighter pilot, in the innards of a Star Destroyer, on her first try no less.

She goes up to the stars where she meets the former cool guy, and out cools the old fart and his pet rug---point of the meeting was to tell the audience.

"See this guy who you guys celebrated and praised, well See maRey Sue, she's better than him at everything, so she cool now, right?"

I'll stop there because it only goes down hill from here.

>>67660836
BVS had a lot of problems. Was still a better watch than The Stink Awakens.
>>
>>67660903
Ambition made Star Wars what it is. Now the franchise will ride solely on nostalgia until its death. TFA brings absolutely nothing new to the table. There was no ambition involved in its production, other than the ambition to make the most money possible. The result is a film that has been completely forgotten in a month, which is probably the worst thing you can say about a star wars film.
>>
>>67661087
>The result is a film that has been completely forgotten in a month
By forgotten you mean literally over a dozen threads about it per day and a daily r/movies post about it on the front page of reddit? Are you fucking serious?

>brings nothing new to the table
It's the first and only Star Wars film that's well-acted.
>>
>>67657268

TFA was absolute shit.

I can't believe some long time fans think that it's a good film when it shat on the old cast and assraped the lore/story.
>>
>>67657268
Kind of funny how all these dubiously rated films fall under the Disney banner. I wonder why that could possibly be? Avengers, Force Awakens, Zootopia... Are these truly among the greatest films ever made? I wonder.
>>
There is no way disney doesn't buy reviews
>>
>Copy as much as possible from ANH, even shot for shot the initial firefight between the Millenium Falcon and TIE fighters as they were fleeing the Death Star.
>inconsistent characters
>unnecessary characters
I'm going to say this. Poe is a pointless, unnecessary character, he actually took away from Boyega, now that I think about it he was there to bolster Boyega just in case he wasn't well received by audiences.
>>
>>67661169
>By forgotten you mean literally over a dozen threads about it per day

Kek. Yeah wow, over a dozen threads a few days after the bluray leaked, which always increases discussion of a movie on /tv/. Wind back a few weeks and there was a 2-post thread a day, if that.
>>
It wasn't a bad fantasy flick.
>>
>>67657268

The number of people praising it significantly outnumbers the ones criticising it
The only complaints I've heard is 'it's a rehash' and 'muh EU canon', neither of which matter to the majority of the population
>>
>>67661230

I would've prefered more Poe instead of Boyega and his coward-ass character.
>>
TFA wasn't great. I can't say it was bad, because it wasn't, it was just meh. It took way too much from a New Hope to the point where it felt like an unneeded reboot instead of a sequel.
>>
>>67660253
Explain Mars need Moms then.
>>
>>67661169
>Well-acted, the Stink Awakens.

Yeah, no.

it was a shit film. Better acted in a pig's ass, you meant to say.

>>67661178
Critics says BVS spat on the lore, no TFA not only spat on it, but stabbed it, shot it with a bazooka, then raped the pieces.
>>
>>67657410
>>67659470
maybe helps that star wars is the most entry level "hehe XD im such a nerd, reddit likes" movie series there is ?

After all these pop culture jokes where these hipsters have heard inklings of the nerdy movie star wars in their favourite series like the Big Bang Theory and now they are able to finally watch a Star Wars movie with enough CGI to keep them entertained.
>>
>>67661056
The notion that Rey is too perfect can be a complaint one can have of the character, but to suggest that the film doesn't justify it within its own narrative is flat-out wrong. It established early on that she's proficient in combat due to her living circumstance. The film establishes that she's good with ship technology given her job as a scavenger. It established that she's a good pilot by showing her fly (as opposed to ANH, where we're made to swallow Luke's ability via a single line of dialogue).

As for Finn killing the only family he knew, maybe you missed this key plot element, but he didn't want to join the Resistance. He sort of resisted it, no pun intended. The reason he killed his fellow soldiers was because, get this, they were literally shooting at him and he needed to escape. Did you want him to just sit there and take it?
>>
>>67661335
yes, because DISNEY bought Mars needs moms, the most iconic series EVER, for 4 billion dollars from its original iconic creator and director who many felt ruined it with the prequels.
>>
>>67661371
What's the point of trying to make up excuses for its positive reception in order to discredit it? Can't you just accept that a lot of people genuinely enjoyed the movie?
>>
>>67657312
If they bought off reviewers for a 8.2/10 average they screwed up. Should of went for 9/10.

Majority of critics didn't love TFA, they liked it which is enough to get fresh on RT.
>>
>>67657268
critiques are SUBJECTIVE

critics wanted to love SWTFW, before even watching it, basically because everybody agreed that they hate the prequels now

to avoid the cognitive disonance, they must now overcompensate, by judging BVSDoF with irrationally high standards
>>
>>67661243
Literally more threads about TFA than any other movie released that long ago. It's absurd to pretend otherwise. We only get like one or two Revenant or Hateful Eight thread per day.
>>
>>67661371
But these are genuine movie critics.
>>
>>67661494
This. I'll go one further and say that since Ben Affleck was announced as Batman, people have wanted to hate this movie. Add in that movie reviews are basically click bait for page hits and YouTube cash, it's really not surprising that tons of reviewers rushed to fit the narrative as quickly as they could, trying to one up each other in the process.

Also, you think Sony was/is the only company using fake reviews? They were just the ones that got caught.
>>
>>67661295
>Finn's only motivation as a "hero" was cowardice and trying to hook up with Rey

Yeah, you're right
>>
>>67661626
To be fair, that makes him relatable and makes sense given that his character is just bumbling comic relief. He's the archetypal coward who finds his courage at the end to fight the bad guy.
>>
>>67657268
1) your opinion and the opinion of your circle of friends are not the opinion of the majority
2) many people loved the nostalgia and as long as it wasn't as bad as the prequels they loved it

is it really that hard to imagine why someone might like something you don't?
>>
>>67661494
while i agree with you on your first few points, to say criticls were "overcompensating" with BvS is also delusional

you said it yourself, critiques are subjective and star wars is a nostalgia fest with good feelings, while critics generally disliked Man of Steel and Zack Snyder...its no surprise they judged the movies differently
>>
>>67661722
I don't think he was intentionally written in as solely comic relief
>wields a lightsaber
>takes out TIE fighters with the Millennium Falcon's blasters
>>
>>67661531

because those movies are well received.

the worst criticism that those movies could get is ''boring'' so even if people dislike them there is not much to say.

now mary sue in star wars? I don't even have to tell you
>>
>>67661355
Yeah how dare it ignore midichlorians and dumb lightsaber flips
>>
>>67661870
The Revenant and The Hateful Eight are both heavily criticized on /tv/, and got worse critical receptions than TFA.

>Mary Sue
High Glass from the Revenent is a far bigger Mary Sue. It's a /tv/ meme, like Bane posting and glib facsimile.
>>
>>67661230
If Poe didn't exist half the audience would not be on board with Finn and you'd be bitching how he single handedly escaped the First Order.
>>
>>67661411
IF REY BEING A MARY SUE WAS ISSUE, I WOULD HAVE have graded your movie, a 7.5/10, were it as competent as Jedi. Which it isn't. No one's more of a Mary Sue than Triple X. Two doesn't qualify because Cube's character was special Forces. Vin was just some adrenalin junkie.

But it's the rest of the movie that pisses me off. the whole, bigger badder dumb death star, and the rebels and resistance bullshit.

the death star eats the power of a sun then it fires across the galaxy in an instant? Fuck.
>>
>>67662062
He could have used an escape pod after sabotaging life support on the ship.

Bam. Done in a few seconds.
>>
File: TiaraPricessstroinkwymn.jpg (181 KB, 960x926) Image search: [Google]
TiaraPricessstroinkwymn.jpg
181 KB, 960x926
>>67661902
No one should have been more potent with the force than Anakin, and he had to learn how to not crash his racing pod. Everything he did took trial and error until he got good.

Picture related.
>>
>>67662109
The laser shit didn't bother me at all because Star Wars is fantasy, not science fiction. It's all bullshit from a technical standpoint. The only issue I had with the movie is the fact that they decided to bring the death star back for the third time. Episode I is very similar to Episode IV when you break it down, but Episode VII took it a step too far by making it a death star that they blow up in the end, as opposed to Episode I which had the foresight to change it to a federation ship.
>>
>>67662178
Anakin Skywalker accidentally blew up a federation ship and ended an entire war by himself BY FUCKING ACCIDENT. Rey is a Mary Sue, but so was Anakin in Episode I.
>>
>>67662290
Yes. Han Solo also accidentally killed Boba Fett. maRey Sue accidentally released a bunch of monsters. Then the monsters she released only went after the bad guys allowing her and the others to escape. And then she maRey sued her way out of all obstacles. Were she in the phatom menace, she would have stopped the invaders, destroy the mother ship and killed Darth Maul, all in the same ACT.
>>
>>67662249
Why not use a virus, why not use an actual threat that isn't the empire? why bring back the nazis again only for a little Jewish girl, a negro, spaniard and a pirate to defeat the wicked nazis again?
>>
>>67662666
>virus
>star wars
The series is about space battles on an epic scale. A virus would be anathema to the tone and style of the series
>>
>>67662782
A Virus, if done will could be as compelling and even more sad to the over all theme of the series. Were it handled well, it would have been something, amazing.
>>
people were just very relieved that it wasn't complete shit like the prequels. I would give it a 7/10 as its own movie but everyone pretty much automatically gives it an extra point just for being a star wars movie
>>
>>67657268
92% of critics gave the movie higher than a 6/10

Why is that so hard to believe?

The thing about these disney franchises is that they don't aim for excellence, they aim for better than mediocre. This is easy to achieve, and it works to their advantage on rotten tomatoes.
>>
>>67665807
>92% of critics gave the movie higher than a 6/10
Huh? Average score is 8.2 out of 10. It says so right there.
>>
It's a very safe by the books kiddy movie by Disney that had star wars in the title. Was bound to get a good RT score. Honestly it was one of the most boring movies I've watched in awhile and I felt there wansnt really even potential there but I could see why normalfags would buy in.
>>
File: harrison-ford.png (130 KB, 236x440) Image search: [Google]
harrison-ford.png
130 KB, 236x440
>>67657268
D R O P P E D
>>
>>67657344
dubs dont lie
>>
File: 09 - SWrhYdD.png (62 KB, 622x626) Image search: [Google]
09 - SWrhYdD.png
62 KB, 622x626
>>67658568
>>
ITT: A tripfag is actually the level-headed poster who's correct and the other anons are being retarded.
>>
>>67660296
Gravity was fucking boring m8
>>
Rottentomatoes is completely meaningless now.

If the film/show doesn't cater to politically progressive beliefs like diversity/feminism/trans/interracial relations it's rotten.

That's literally all there is to it now. Star Wars 7 and Supergirl are ridiculously awful, but are rated 90+%. Empire and Orange is the new Black are "masterpieces".

London has Fallen, 13 hours, BvS are at like 20% because they trigger liberal manchildren and sjws with too much reality.
>>
it was fine, but relies on the sequels which is not good 2bh.
>>
It was a great film. Get over it.
>>
its a /tv/ is still triggered that star wars was the best movie in years episode

you faggots will NEVER learn
>>
>>67661482
Why would they blow their cover with 9/10 when 8/10 is absolutely reasonable. Also acusations of bought reviews can be easily dismissed by saying "look he also said some bad things!"
>>
File: Cap Full Retard.jpg (93 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Cap Full Retard.jpg
93 KB, 1920x1080
>>67657268
Think you're confusing literally dozens of /tv/eenage shitposters in your understanding of "how many people criticize it." Called availability heuristic.
>Can we have a serious discussion
Not really.
>Were these reviews really plausible when almost every non-starwars film-related forum has huge amounts of people (quite possibly a majority) who vehemently criticize it?
People where "vehemently criticizing it" before it was even released. And the criticisms that endlessly spam this board are all pretty objectively weak when the movie worked exceedingly well in spite of them.

Oh literal-Superhero Rey is "too strong?" It's too much like the movies that everyone likes?!? That mechanic pilot who had clearly worked on the Falcon could fly the Falcon??!?! The bad guy is too well-characterized?! They didn't get into space politics like the prequels did?!?!?

And in the end of the day there'll always be a segment of the internet population that's going to shitpost about it because the protagonist wasn't a man and the sidekick wasn't white. And welcome to Star Wars and the internet dipshit. Nerds and autists have been "vehemently criticizing" about it forever. Even before the 90's re-releases and the Han Shot First meme people were nitpicking the movie. It's part of being a fan.

Reality is the film worked. It probably wouldn't have gotten a 92% if it wasn't following the prequels. But it's clear that to critics and general audiences it was almost the best possible version of Star Wars we could have gotten. And for the flaws, at the end of the day they make the film better. They become part of the meta Star Wars lore.
>>
>>67660253
Are you honestly so deluded to think that if Disney was doing this then every other major studio, such as WB, wouldn't operate under the same rules too?

Thinking your multi-billion corporation is somehow more ethical than another is /v/ tier company wars idiocy.
>>
>>67660253
movie was a 4.5/10

ahahajajajajajajahajajajajajajjaajajajjaajaja lets see your movie
>>
File: 1336542180644.jpg (298 KB, 850x887) Image search: [Google]
1336542180644.jpg
298 KB, 850x887
Yeah, sure, Disney bought reviews but rival WB was incapable of doing the same.

It was fun. It was what the franchise needed to get going again. I liked it and thought it was a great time, saw it in theatres three times and I am and always will be as Trekkie, first and foremost, having grown up with TOS/TNG/DS9/VOY. I grew up thinking Star Wars (sans KOTOR) was for stupid normies and I hated all of the prequels when I saw them in theatres. Then I saw this and my first thought was "holy fuck, this is what it must have been like to actually see this shit in 1979" so I don't care and suck my asshole, OP.
>>
>>67668634
WB actually owns RT.
>>
>>67657268
Buried in all the mediocrity sadly there was a good movie in there somewhere but i really think the director bungled it.

In the right hands it could have been a above average star wars movie
>>
>>67668655
JUST

actually with tdkr critical appraisal this is obvious
>>
The Farce Awakens was a bad movie.
I'll defend this opinion to the death against the reddit horde.
>>
>>67657312
Then why doesn't everyone do that?
>>
>>67668634
>It was what the franchise needed to get going again.
I keep seeing a lot of retards saying.
My question is, why do you feel that the franchise "needed to get going again?"
I personally am burned out after watching two trilogies of this shit and now Disney is shitting out a new Star Wars film every year for probably the next 20 years? Fuck that!
And what's worse is that it will continue to bring in more star drones that think /tv/ is their personal playground just like the /got/ cancer.
>>
>>67668828
james please go to the trench
>>
>>67668871
Just as I figured, typical star tourist didn't even stay in the thread.
Just one and done to call of it's detractors faggots.
This is why you reddit cucks are such fucking cancer.
>>
File: 3456754356.gif (1 MB, 540x270) Image search: [Google]
3456754356.gif
1 MB, 540x270
>>67657268
It was okay.

I`m glad JJ played out TFA as a big homage of OT.
Now that every cliche and beat of it is out of the way, hopefully Rian Johnson will craft an original story. And if the leaks have any truth to them, we might just get that.

Adam Driver actually talked it about in one of the latest interviews - it was important to nail down the tone, the ''language'' of the universe and I think it did that just fine.
>>
File: 1453568930138.png (95 KB, 223x236) Image search: [Google]
1453568930138.png
95 KB, 223x236
>>67668871
Well I personally hated the prequel trilogy and mostly appreciated the original for it's ability to follow the Campbellian hero myth. Like I said, I'm a Trekkie and I prefer very hard scifi. If you read my post you'd see that I said I actually was not a Star Wars fan. They were gonna make more Star Wars whether anyone wanted it or not, but at least they're sticking to Campbell.

The prequel had ZERO Campbellian influence, which is probably why it was such shit.

Also, how I'm I cancer for saying I didn't hate it? Oh, I also like ASOIAF but I read all the books before the show fucking came out and avoid /got/ like the plague, so that's cancer?
>>
2nd worst star wars movie
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 230x230) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 230x230
>>67668166
>London has fallen
>BvS
>reality
>>
File: 1312676807812.png (158 KB, 318x322) Image search: [Google]
1312676807812.png
158 KB, 318x322
>>67668924
>>67668871
Holy FUCK responding to yourself this quickly to suck your own cock. What a hot fucking faggot.
>>
>>67668975
I think the one who's upset is you, you fucking queer.

Stay mad you piece of worthless shit.
>>
File: 1332835143153s.jpg (2 KB, 126x126) Image search: [Google]
1332835143153s.jpg
2 KB, 126x126
>>67668993
Oh WOW. The anger is real. The rebuttal is nonexistent.

I couldn't even pray for this much asspain, and just posting an honest opinion, I certainly wasn't. Holy fuck this is beautiful.
>>
>>67668956
le epic star wars episode i and iii are good meme
>>
File: 1459320185878.gif (173 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
1459320185878.gif
173 KB, 800x500
5 >>> 4 >>>>> 6 = 7 >> 3 >>>>> 2 >>>>>>>>> 1
Search your feelings, you know it`s true.
>>
>>67657268
Every Star Wars movie has been received well by the majority of critics. Even the bad ones.

A lot of reviews for TFA, and indeed the prequels, were "'x' is wrong and 'y' could have been done better and 'z' was really lacking, but it was good".

They always take into account the cultural impact of these movies. They are not judged against the same standards as other movies of their kind are.
>>
>>67668166
This, tbqhf.

any liberal pandering automatically gets a fresh rating. Supergirl and The Force Awakens was horse shit.
>>
>>67669134
6=7

nah

6>7
>>
File: image.jpg (420 KB, 1280x694) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
420 KB, 1280x694
>>67664412
There was a rumour that the next episode would involve C3PO being planted with a virus and going haywire
>>
>>67669084
you even know which ones are the better m8
>>
>>67669503
that would be refreshing but c3po isnt dangerous unless hes talking even more shit

i have full confidence in whatever based rian wants to do though
>>
File: image.jpg (131 KB, 960x503) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
131 KB, 960x503
They gave it a good score because

>A) It's Star Wars

>B) It pandered to a lot of progressive sensibilities

>C) It played extremely heavily on nostalgia

Even the certified worst Star Wars moving was received well by critics... because it's Star Wars. That's what it is - consumer loyalty. Every critic decided they were going to like TFA before they saw it. Some of the reviews for the movie are completely nonsensical.
>>
>>67669134
4>5>7>6>3>1=2

Return of the Jedi has the advantage of time, but it was really disappointing when it came out. It's the OT's Dark Knight Rises.
>>
File: It's_treason_then.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
It's_treason_then.webm
2 MB, 640x360
>>67669134
I agree.
>>
File: 1454829662257.jpg (3 MB, 5784x4120) Image search: [Google]
1454829662257.jpg
3 MB, 5784x4120
>>67669664
>certified worst
hellloooooooooo there www.reddit.com

its kino
>>
File: 3fj38t309tjf34.jpg (138 KB, 712x739) Image search: [Google]
3fj38t309tjf34.jpg
138 KB, 712x739
>>67660547
>He can't into kino
>>
The movie was all around average. It was given a lot of free passes due to it being Star Wars.
The most obvious "free pass" being that it is identical to episode 3, almost any other movie franchise would have gotten a lot of flack for it.
>>
File: 6_gandalf_smokingpipe.jpg (34 KB, 576x396) Image search: [Google]
6_gandalf_smokingpipe.jpg
34 KB, 576x396
>>67669740
do you know what youre saying, do you not know of poetry?
>>
>>67669711
These shot compilations are so shit. They give you no indication of how the film actually looks in motion, which is what actually matters.
>>
File: image.jpg (138 KB, 1352x760) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
138 KB, 1352x760
>>67669784
An operatic master shot is key though, anon.
>>
File: image.jpg (80 KB, 465x701) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80 KB, 465x701
>>67669590
Yeh, Rian's good stuff.

They'll have to kill off Anthony Daniel's character soon though. It may as well be through a virus plot line.
>>
>>67668166
Someone already answered this in this thread. There are tons of liberal movies that get shit reviews for being pandering Oscar-bait. Feminist-bait like Maleficent has a 49% on RT. Most recent race-baiting Spike Lee films are negative on RT. It's a flawed thesis.
>>
>>67669892
spike lee was always hated on if he didnt star denzel. they hate elle
>>
It was formulaic and uninspired but followed the winning formula perfectly.

The problem with RT is that well made movies will always get high critic reviews regardless of whether or not the movie itself was objectively good. If you go against the status quo Disney will rip you of all of your credentials and cost you your job unless you can show beyond a shadow of a doubt that a movie deserved less than a 3/5.
>>
File: tvcontra.png (102 KB, 1644x2188) Image search: [Google]
tvcontra.png
102 KB, 1644x2188
>>67657268
>>
>>67670020
>distinguishing between 'well-made' and 'good'
Both are subjective quality judgements.
>>
>geprge didnt just dive into the clone wars for the entire trilogy
>>
File: image.jpg (202 KB, 500x686) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
202 KB, 500x686
From the original script of ESB:

>Luke's fight with Fake "Force cave" Vader is actually a fight with a Celestial Vader! In the original story, the swamp and the cave disappear, and Luke and Vader lightsaber it out in deep space. Vader even grabs a handful of stars to show how powerful the Dark Side can be. (That scene was apparently sponsored by LSD.)
>>
>>67670020
I think the thing is a movie that breaks the mold and tries something different, even a Disney movie. Always tends to polarize critics so often get low ratings.

Critics seem to love formulaic and by the numbers. Pixar and marvel are testament to that.
>>
>>67657268
>Can we have a serious discussion on how it actually happened that review sites so overwhelmingly show it praise?
It is simple: first of all it is Disney - any Disney film must be praised by critics.

Also: this film is a feminist pro equality film so of course it is gonna get praised by the mainsteam for that.

And also: it did what everyone wanted to see: a nostalgia trip without making it too new or too different.

That is why the prequels failed with the critics: because George wanted to do something different instead of staying in the same friendly childhood storyline.

To me the prequels are far more mature and adult as we know it has political themes (Episode 3 being the most enjoyable with the Order 66 politics as I can understand the Phantom Menace politics was crap).

If they decided to instead go with the original idea: Rey meeting Luke earlier on as together they would explore vast planets looking for certain artifacts - then it would have failed because it would not have followed the same nostalgia trip.
>>
reminder empire had some really outstandingly poor reviews when it came out, embarassing tier
>>
>>67670215
But there are so many examples of experimental films getting good reviews, and formulaic films getting poor reviews. Are the critically acclaimed Tree of Life and Under the Skin by the numbers?
>>
>>67670242
I hate this revisionist bullshit history about great films getting terrible reviews. Yes, ESB got some negative reviews, but the vast majority of critics actually liked it. Same with most "poorly reviewed" films. Some movies like 2001 got mixed reviews, but the positive ones were extremely positive.
>>
>>67659018
>your own opinions checking in.

tpm best preq
>>
>>67670215
Its a funny thing about ratings out of ten. You would think the average rating is a 5 right? But its more like a 7 or 8.
>>
It's an excellent movie through and through. People just criticize it because it's popular and low lifes hate everything popular, no matter what.
>>
>>67670232
>Disney
>feminist
So why why did Maleficent get negative reviews?

>nostalgia trip
The prequels are built entirely off nostalgia. They attempted to fit in every element from the OT, regardless of how well it fit.
>>
File: Rey.webm (3 MB, 306x334) Image search: [Google]
Rey.webm
3 MB, 306x334
I LOVE REY
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 460x243) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 460x243
>>
>>67670391
>hurf durf if you don't like this movie it's because you're a basement-dwelling loser

Fuck off. Stop using tribalism as some kind of argument for censorship of people's feelings.
>>
File: image.jpg (117 KB, 423x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
117 KB, 423x750
It had its moments, but it doesn't offer re-watch value
>>
>>67670259
I think is because they are considered artsy films. When a mainstream film dose it they think like "getting ideas above their station"
>>
>>67670462
I'm not that guy, but this post is retarded through and through. First, the fact that so many of the people criticizing this film are obsessed with JJ's ethnicity, Boyega's race, and Ridley's gender proves how many of these people are losers. Second, labeling a critique of someone's opinion as "censorship of people's feelings" is disgusting SJW language that should get you laughed out of /tv/.
>>
>>67670543
filtered
>>
>>67670523
I disagree

I saw this kino 7 times in the cinéma
>>
File: WW.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
WW.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>>67670429
>>
File: 0e9.jpg (27 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
0e9.jpg
27 KB, 600x600
>>67657268
Disney is well known for influencing the digital press with pampered bribes.

star wars had a pre-screening over 3 day weekend with a large number of the top critics, all expenses paid at the hollywood drive Hilton in LA.

its been a long time thing, Disney has a very good relationship with the digital press.
>>
>>67670543
>if you don't like niggers or jews you're a loser
>if you don't like white people you're a well-adjusted normal human being

Also
>should get you laughed out of /tv/

Says the fucking tripfag.
>>>/r/eddit
shithead
>>
>>67670523
ive seem it probably 30 times
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 300x168
>>67670604
>>
JUST DON'T FUCK UP REN PLEASE RIAN
DON'T MAKE HIM VADER
>>
File: ooohhhhh.png (217 KB, 452x315) Image search: [Google]
ooohhhhh.png
217 KB, 452x315
>>67670604
>>
>>67670543
Firstly I'm not the guy you are replying to.
Boyega was the best part of the film, I liked that they tried a female lead (even if Rey was shit) and isnt JJ white?

I hated the movie and absolutely none of the shit you spewed applies to why I hate it. Stop generalizing people with a different opinion from you in a pathetic attempt to avoid actually countering the points of their opinion. It just shows even you know your opinion is worthless that you can't properly back it up.

Fuck off.
>>
>>67670604
And yet I bet you can't articulate what makes it a good movie, can you you sub 80 IQ subhuman?
>>
>>67670579
Another good example is bad robots mission impossible:ghost protocol, where Bad Robot flew a large number of critics out to Dubai for 12 days all expenses paid during the premiere.

The digital press has become acustomed to shows of generoisty and early pre-screenings. Studios that don't do these things, receive less forgiving criticisms during review.

There's a strong curb that supports this, find a movie with a strong RT score but that wasn't that good, and google premiere + digital press screening. Look for the trail of pre-screening generosity by studios.

A good example is BvS. Hostile embargo for press, no pre-screening outside of family/friends.
>>
File: starwars17854105.jpg (302 KB, 411x640) Image search: [Google]
starwars17854105.jpg
302 KB, 411x640
It seems really rushed to me. Like they fit a trilogys worth of story into a single film. So it made the characters seem unconvincing to a large extent as their actions didn't really have enough reasoning.

And there were just too many coincidences.

I'm not a Star Wars fan but I did enjoy it since spacey CGI fests are what IMAX is all about.
>>
>>67670601
>>if you don't like niggers or jews you're a loser
Unironically using the term nigger to refer to someone like Boyega does make you a loser. Believing in conspiracies about Jews makes you mentally ill.

>if you don't like white people you're a well-adjusted normal human being
Yeah that's a strawman. Those people are losers too.
>>
>>67670543
You're fucking a white male
>>
>>67669711
>It's kino

Please drop the memes if you want yourself to be taken seriously
>>
>>67670259
>there are never exceptions to general trends
You have autism.
>>
File: 1459389687821.jpg (86 KB, 679x864) Image search: [Google]
1459389687821.jpg
86 KB, 679x864
>m-my quips
>>
>>67657268
Because it was a good movie, get the fuck over it you fucking faggots
>>
File: 1451825478553.jpg (593 KB, 1275x1650) Image search: [Google]
1451825478553.jpg
593 KB, 1275x1650
It was a star wars greatest hits nothing more nothing less 6/10

Atleast the characters were good....It's a great setup for based Rian to bring us a new era of Star Kino
>>
File: image.jpg (211 KB, 1917x804) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
211 KB, 1917x804
>>67670673
>
Another good example is bad robots mission impossible:ghost protocol, where Bad Robot flew a large number of critics out to Dubai for 12 days all expenses paid during the premiere

That sounds incredible
>>
>>67670683
>Unironically using the term nigger
Fresh off the boat from plebbit.
This is 4chan. We call black people niggers.
Maybe if they didn't chimp out over a stupid word, it wouldn't carry as much weight as it does.
As for the Jewish conspiracy, a lot of them are in high positions of power and spout a lot of hatred for white people. The same fucks who think europe and american should be taking in thousands of sandnigger immigrants but don't you dare even think about suggesting Israel take any in.
Hitler was right. We should be killing every last one of these rats. Even the fucking muzzies hate their guts and for good reason.
>>
>>67670755
Yes
>>
>>67670669
I've articulated my views on the film and have responded to common criticisms of it in literally dozens of threads since the movie came out. Suggesting that my generalization is an avoidance tactic is just factually wrong. The reason I made that generalization is that about 1/3 of the threads before the movie came out were racist posts about Boyega, complaints about the female lead, or comments akin to "kike Jew Jew Abrams is going to ruin Star Wars." Denying that that was the case is dishonest.
>>
>>67670543
The thing is that JJ actually said that he wanted a black guy as Finn.
No reason for Finn to be black at all, not the best actor or anything, just that he wanted Finn to be black for no reason other than being black.

I liked Boyega in Attack the Block, but in Star Wars he was just a loud annoying nigger.
>>
File: 1454774385588.png (59 KB, 700x566) Image search: [Google]
1454774385588.png
59 KB, 700x566
>>67670776
Kill da jooz xD
>>
>>67670776
Jews are in positions of power because they have an average IQ of 112, which makes them inherently better than you. That's why intellectual fields are disproportionately Jewish.
>>
My dad watched it for the first time last night. He's in his 60s and never really gave a fuck about Star Wars, other than having watched them with me and my brothers when we were growing up.

But when I spoke to him this morning his criticisms of the movie were pretty much in-line with what people here think about the TFA (minus the /pol/ stuff) - that it's a dull, safe, forgettable movie, with a lack of character development.
And ranking it next to the other movies, he placed it in the bottom half.
>>
>>67657312

Keep telling yourself that,
However,
Every point of overrating this movie receives is a testament to how thoroughly Lucas failed with the prequels and how desperate fans and the even the mainstream audience were for a return to form for the franchise.

Disagreement on your part is an indication of autism.
>>
>>67670703
>posts an unproven theory
>I post counterexamples
I have more evidence than you
>>
>>67670843
*tips kippah*
Shouldn't you be sucking a mutilated baby penis, big nose?

>>67670845
If smarter people are better and more equipped for being in powerful positions then why do faggots like you whine about niggers not being in any positions of authority?
Could it be because they're on the left side of the bell curve.
>IQ is relevant when making my points
>racist when making yours

Gas yourself you fucking faggot.
>>
>>67670872
You're a liar, your dad is a massive pleb, and every Star Wars film after Empire is safe and dull.
>>
>>67670872
>implying vader has character development in anh
>implying leia or even luke did
the only one is arguably han same with finn

its actually a really good start to a new trilogy, it had to do a lot and nailed the important stuff, mainly kylo
>>
>>67657344
>You're in your little internet bubble

Ironing intensifies.

Every single person I'm communicated with IRL, moreover every non-professional film critic I follow who writes on the net under his own name had reactions ranging from very mixed (actually the best praise I heard face-to-face was "great unintentional comedy") to condemning TFA in strongest possible terms.
>>
File: 1454733181041.jpg (54 KB, 444x399) Image search: [Google]
1454733181041.jpg
54 KB, 444x399
>>67670902
Why u so mean stormbro ?

I'm agreeing with you

Gas all the kikes xD
>>
>>67670902
When did I say that more black people should be in positions of authority? When did I even imply that? Point to the post. You've constructed a caricature of me in your head and you're arguing against that.
>>
>>67670928
>great unintentional comedy
Which parts? It was very funny, but it was all intentional.
>>
>>67670952
It's obvious your some leftist faggot. Or at least pretending to be for the sake of this thread.
>You've constructed a caricature of me in your head and you're arguing against that.
Says the faggot who thinks that people who didn't like TFA are losers.
Fuck off idiot.
>>
>>67670914
jabbas palace would be considered an act of war if released today. its goat star wars,,ewoks are a scapgoat, they were originally going to be wookies which wouldnt go with the small vs large motif. wookies wreck shit
>>
>>67670928
>i have 4 skype friends from people I met playing World of Warcraft, all of whom post on 4chan
>that counts as IRL communication
>>
>people are still so assblasted by the amount of praise tfa got they are STILL making ate threads on /tv/

get a life
>>
>>67670978
Progressive leftists don't bring up IQ. They don't make deterministic arguments about some people being better than others. Just because I think that people who call perfectly respectable black actors "nigger" and Jewish directors "kike" are losers doesn't me a fucking Bernie supporter.
>>
>>67657268
It was a good movie, that's how.
>>
>>67657268

Massive advertisement and hype machine then delivering a by-the-numbers product successfully catering to the lowest common denominator with messages that made criticising it openly politically incorrect. Sprinkle some bought reviews for good measure. As MCU evidences, Disney had long mastered the art of ensuring a degree of critical acclaim for shitty movies.

TFA might be compared to Avatar. Hype was strong at the time of Avatar's release, and it had a politically correct plot, so people gave it good reviews, on par with TFA. But does anybody, on the net or otherwise, seriously argues that Avatar was above mediocre nowadays?
>>
>>67671177
tfa shits on avatar top kek
>>
File: 1445187877464.jpg (2 MB, 1458x2160) Image search: [Google]
1445187877464.jpg
2 MB, 1458x2160
JJ "Kino Meister" Abrams
>>
File: dubdub.jpg (95 KB, 637x662) Image search: [Google]
dubdub.jpg
95 KB, 637x662
>>67657328
Pretty much this. 4chan is an irrelevant safespace for the dregs of society
>>
>>67671149
See the problem is you're making this an issue about identity politics which means you might as well be a thick-rimmed glasses wearing numale cuck.
I didn't like TFA because the writing was shitty, the characters were bad, and it raped the lore far worse than the prequels ever could.
Also JJ just had to put his nazi imagery in the movie to represent the white man.
But pointing that out makes you a stormnigger tard from /pol/.
It's sad to see so many useful idiots defending fucking Disney of all companies.
A cult of child-molesting luciferians. Literally the fucking anti-christ and you idiots just eat up whatever turd they plop in your lap and make sure to go heavy on the social commentary.
>>
>>67671191
>That's what TFAgs really believe
>>
File: 1459364498031.jpg (120 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1459364498031.jpg
120 KB, 1280x720
TFA was decent.
>>
>>67671218
>shits on 4chan
>keeps coming back here

For what purpose? I don't go on reddit and call them a bunch of fucking cucks.

Log off shitstain.
>>
>>67671229
>making this into an us vs them
why are avatar fans in such need for constant attention, nobody likes avatar
>>
>>67670772
well, look at the score for a rather flawed film. 90%+
>>
>>67671220
Now this is what I call autism
>>
>>67671250
thats from episode viii

based rian
>>
>>67671295
Now this is what I call inferiority.

Stay forever whipped pussy.
>>
File: The Neck Knows.jpg (4 KB, 106x125) Image search: [Google]
The Neck Knows.jpg
4 KB, 106x125
>>67670776
I smell a bearded neck
>>
>>67671220
>Also JJ just had to put his nazi imagery in the movie to represent the white man.
Because the Stormtroopers of the OT weren't inspired by Nazis? The Empire was always a mix of Japanese Imperialists and National Socialists.

>A cult of child-molesting luciferians.
Did you forget to take your thorazine today?
>>
File: 115666.jpg (160 KB, 538x725) Image search: [Google]
115666.jpg
160 KB, 538x725
>>67671264
Because I like violating your safespace le secret club
>>
>>67671315
I smell cum on your breath.
>>
>>67671220
Christ you can just smell the entitlement and autism in this post. Just every /pol/ buzzword throne together.

Triggered faggot
>>
>>67671343
Just like you let niggers violate the holes of your 9 year old?

Fuck off cuckboy.
>>
File: 36111.jpg (133 KB, 800x430) Image search: [Google]
36111.jpg
133 KB, 800x430
>>67671360
Are you angry because all the chads and white women liked TFA, necky?
>>
>>67671368
Spew more reddit buzzwords shithead.
I bet you think it makes you look intelligent.

Protip: it doesn't.
Go back to rimming the shitty ass of your bull you faggot fuck.
>>
>>67671360
He could swallow a load from every African refugee currently landing on Lesbos and he still wouldn't be half the faggot that you are
>>
File: 214111555.jpg (160 KB, 618x643) Image search: [Google]
214111555.jpg
160 KB, 618x643
>>67671380
>Implying I give a shit about niggers

no no, your 12 year old-tier retorts of XD NIGGERS won't work. I enjoy getting you aspergers-ridden neckbeards into a rut.
>>
>>67671401
The fuck would I care about the opinions of subhumans.
Literal wasterels
>>
>>67670969
I'm not the person who came to the "unintentional comedy" opinion, but as far as I can remember/guess his words:

1. Hux pretending to be Hitler, except without the charisma.
2. Kylo Ren's being undecided whether he wants to be a goth or an emo. Kylo Ren in general looking so ugly without the mask that it becomes funny.
3. Finn trying to be the most stereotypical nigger straight out of a ghetto at all times past his escape.
4. Stuff lije not-Death Star and not-Yoda appearing in the plot out of nowhere
>>
File: Jim.jpg (204 KB, 946x673) Image search: [Google]
Jim.jpg
204 KB, 946x673
>>67671191
Be careful what you say kiddo
>>
>>67671404
>f..faggot!
>c...cuck!
>n...nigger!

This is what happens when /pol/'s vocabulary is depleted after 3 posts. Nobody here finds you edgy, neckbeard
>>
>>67671429
>>67671423
>>67671401
>>67671368

>I must defend my capeshit in space to the death!
Pathetic.
All of you are a waste of cum and why you will burn in the hell you've constructed for yourselves.
Fucking losers.
>>
>>67671434
>le proud neckbeard

Maybe it says something that the functioning and accepted members of society are utterly opposite to you and your safespace in every way? If you're superior, why are you repulsive social parasites with low IQs?
>>
File: lelmao.jpg (4 KB, 130x184) Image search: [Google]
lelmao.jpg
4 KB, 130x184
>>67671220
So this is what severe brain damage looks like
>>
>>67671470
We're not defending Star Wars, we're making fun of you
>>
File: 1453327179048.jpg (246 KB, 525x828) Image search: [Google]
1453327179048.jpg
246 KB, 525x828
>>67671191
>>tfa shits on avatar top kek
>>
>>67671276
>nobody likes avatar

That's the fucking point.

But its critical reception was on par with TFA and it earned more monies.

Therefore the comparison is valid.
>>
File: 853222.gif (133 KB, 311x366) Image search: [Google]
853222.gif
133 KB, 311x366
>>67671470
>It's a /pol/neck is triggered episode

run back to your safespace and cry about how it's the Jews fault that you have diabetes
>>
>>67671457
Then allow me to articulate it more into something you might understand.
You're a fucking retard, going on a site that you hate to defend some movie no one will even remember in 5 years and think this doesn't make you any worse than the people you come here to roast.
Lol fuck outta here fuccboi.
Go fap to some traps and then hang yourself you piece of faggot shit.
>>
>>67671448
>3. Finn trying to be the most stereotypical nigger straight out of a ghetto at all times past his escape.
He's comic relief, he's meant to be funny.
>>
>>67671491
>avatars merchandise $8.37
>star wars 2015 merchandise $10BIL

>bbut avatar is more popular

ill be waiting for your rebuttal.
>>
File: 46363111.jpg (26 KB, 684x342) Image search: [Google]
46363111.jpg
26 KB, 684x342
>>67671505
>How dare you violate my safespace! This is for the neckbeards!

TFA was a mediocre rehash in episode 4. God hates you which is why he made you the way you are. These are two facts
>>
>>67671497
earned more monies? really you asian peoples opinions buts this into discussion? star war made 12 billion last year
>>
>>67661186
>all these dubiously rated films fall under the Disney banner. I wonder why that could possibly be? Avengers, Force Awakens, Zootopia...
Don't forget John Carter, The Lone Ranger and Tomorrowland.
>>
>>67671448
Kylo Ren is ugly and there's an orange alien. How fucking hilarious.
>>
>>67671477
>why are you repulsive social parasites with low IQs?
As you queers on redshit like to say [citation needed]

Also fuck you and your conceptions about what you deem as "normal" or "healthy"

All of your "friends" would be sure to toss your faggot ass into the fire so long as it keeps them warm.
Heed these words, fucktard.
Heed the words of the dreaded neckbeard and rue the day you were unable to see the truth.
Fucking queer.
>>
>>67671554
Now that's what I call triggered

HAHAHAHAHA you fucking cucks are too much.
I can't imagine how much of an insufferable faggot you must be in real life.
>>
File: 1453081011828.webm (2 MB, 864x486) Image search: [Google]
1453081011828.webm
2 MB, 864x486
>>67671535
>I-I will post merchandise numbers because that means that more people watched the movie!
>H-haha that will show them, i am a genius!
There is no need for rebuttal, TFAfags bringing irrelevant arguments into the table is a well known fact.
>>
It just felt like Star Trek 09 all over again but with some marvel "humor" added. A decent popcorn flick but they shoved way too many references to the point that it was completely clear that they didn't really grasp what made it Star Wars. And all the new characters felt like they didn't belong.
>>
>>67671838
james really, nobody cares about avatar. nobody discusses it. go back to your diving its what youre good at
>>
Review aggregators disproportionately reward well polished okayish movies. I mean, how is Zootopia at 99%?

Disney doesn't buy out critics, they just make kind of boring movies that few of the critics actively dislike.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 66

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.