[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
American Crime
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7
File: latest[1].png (13 KB, 600x196) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
13 KB, 600x196
http://www.forbes.com/sites/davewalker/2016/02/02/next-time-on-the-fx-anthology-drama-american-crime-story-hurricane-katrina/#1862d7e53ec2

>Next Time On The FX Anthology Drama 'American Crime Story:' Hurricane Katrina

WHY
There's so many actual crime stories out there that could be great. Whether focusing on crime sprees or criminal trials or criminal investigations, there's so many ACTUAL crimes out there that could make for great seasons of this show. Imagine any of the following:

>Charles Lindbergh kidnapping
>Sacco and Vanzetti
>Any presidential assassination
>Beltway snipers
>Columbine?
>Scooter Libby
>Assassinations of MLK, Malcolm X, Huey Newton, etc. (if you want to play the race card heavy again)
>Jonestown
>Charles Manson
>Al Capone
>Patty Hearst (though there's actually an upcoming movie about her)
>Martha Stewart?

I had a big list yesterday but it's not in front of me so this is just off dome. Point is that there are so many different ways to go with this and they're fucking blowing it.
>>
I would love to see a AMC of the Michael Jackson trials, it'd be pretty interesting. Columbine too would be pretty amazing.

Also, not to sound underage, but what exactly happened with Hurricane Katrina that made it into a crime? I never paid attention to it back when
>>
File: 1448044803463.jpg (53 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
1448044803463.jpg
53 KB, 620x387
>>67651351
>muh bush doesn't care about black people

That's why.
>>
>>67651413
basically this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIUzLpO1kxI

nothing egregious, just a bad job by FEMA and people figured it'd have been different if it'd been an affluent/white city
>>
>>67651351
>Next Time On The FX Anthology Drama 'American Crime Story:' Hurricane Katrina
Full retard

Why is it so hard for anthologies to keep the momentum?
>>
>>67651413
black people looting
>>
>>67651413
>exactly happened with Hurricane Katrina that made it into a crime
You know, the hundreds of rapes
>>
>>67651516
Jesus Christ. Looters, NOPD, FEMA and FEMA contractors all committed crimes. It was a huge mess.
>>
>>67651413

It was just gross incompetence across the board. I don't know how they'll make it interesting unless they follow people at the capitol and FEMA around and probably do something silly like recreate >>67651516 . The thing I like about the first season is its focus.

I don't know. It seems like a bad move. I agree with the anon that says the MJ trials would be more interesting (and it could take place over decades).

Are there any good books about Katrina worth reading?
>>
>>67651755
>>67651773
Can't wait for them to show bush pressing the hurricane button and the poor black people fighting whitey back with heroic looting.
>>
>>67651755

you very well know they're not going to show that when guy that creates the show is black.

It will show plight of black people stranded in a country that doesn't love them and left them to die.

Oh and cops killing black people for no reason.
>>
How does a hurricane commit a crime?
>>
After how good season 1 has been, I kind of have hope for season 2 despite how retarded a show about a hurricane sounds
>>
>>67651351
This has been thoroughly discussed, Katrina was one of the most fascinating events of the past century
There was a whole race war that was barely shown in the media
>>
>>67651351
Who's going to play Kanye West?
>>
>>67651413
It was the only time the military has launched domestic combat operations
>>
>It's a white people are evil series

And just like that it has been dropped.
>>
>>67652114
Obama
>>
This is gonna be like True Detective in terms of quallity drop isn't it
>>
>>67651413
According to Ryan Murphy, Hurricane Katrina was a crime by the US government against the people of New Orleans.

Like the government was supposed to somehow manipulate the weather or some shit.
>>
>>67652173
Going off how based this season was I think it's gonna be amazing
>>
>>67651413
People thought it was racist how they were only showing black people looting and shooting at helicopters (of course blacks were the only ones doing this)
And they thought it was racist how rescuers weren't going into the black neighborhoods (where they were getting shot at so they could continue looting and raping)
>>
>>67652319
>According to Ryan Murphy, Hurricane Katrina was a crime by the US government against the people of New Orleans.
This is so fucking retarded. Those morons in New Orleans were told to leave the city before the hurricane arrived.
>>
They really should have went with Michael Jackson. I feel like most people kind of expected it.
>>
season 2 should have been OJ hitting the road looking for the real killers and solving mysteries on the side
>>
>make a spinoff show about famous crime stories
>make the first season race focused
>make the second one race focused as well

Apparently since the creator is black that explains everything.
>>
>>67651755
White people too but mostly blacks.

I live in Houston and we got an influx of Katrina "victims" in my apartment complex. Crime and drug use went up a lot. Cars got broke into almost daily and I sold a lot of weed.

This girl I was dating had this white trash family staying at her house because her mom is really charitable. The mom took them to the hospital for something and the dad got arrested for going through rooms and shit looking for drugs.
>>
>>67651351
Will cast members recur like in AHS?

Travolta will win an Emmy playing Katrina
>>
>>67651351
>>67651413

>there's so many ACTUAL crimes out there that could make for great seasons of this show

Nigga do you even know what the fuck happened in Katrina?

Shit went down. Hard.

>cops were setting still living looters on fire after non-fatally shooting them to hide evidence
>cops were curb-stomping niggers as they bled out from shotgun wounds
>cops were shooting crowds fleeing from the flood waters
>niggers were running around in packs of 10-20 and systemically raping and robbing entire neighborhoods
>predominantly white vigilante groups and impromptu neighborhood militias were shooting every nigger or looter they saw on their patrols
>people were shooting at police/rescue helicopters causing them to avoid the downtown
>EVERY single store in the city was looted
>Gangs used the chaos to start up gang wars
>Private Military Contractors and National Guard came in and were confiscating guns from legal owners at gunpoint
>60% of the population of a major US city either died or left and never came back

If you want to know how a "happening" unfolds in America, look no further than Katrina. There is tons of material to pull shit from.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/27/us/27racial.html?_r=0
https://www.propublica.org/nola/story/nopd-order-to-shoot-looters-hurricane-katrina/
http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2010/04/algiers_point_vigilantes_terro.html
>>
>>67651351
Uhhhhh, because Katrina WAS a crime? Everything from Bush's lack of caring about the city, to FEMA's half-assed response, to the military blowing the levees in an attempt to drown survivors. There's a lot of good material for a crime show there.
>>
>>67653361
>the creator is black

Nope, both creators are white and so are the remaining three executive producers.
>>
File: 1425954228485.jpg (8 KB, 180x180) Image search: [Google]
1425954228485.jpg
8 KB, 180x180
I have never followed the OJ Simpson case. Is this first series still relevant for me? Should I watch it? What TV show is American crime similar too?
>>
>>67651351
>>Columbine?
yes yes yes
>>
>>67653719
You're forgetting the black mayor giving the police a vacation during the storm and getting arrested for corruption
>>67653724
this is just tinfoil hat shit
>>
MEANWHILE IN MEXICO

>Biggest hurricane in recorded history
>Everyone leaves the coast
>Come back
>Rebuild within a year because no stupid construction laws against brick buildings
>>
>>67653807
You really should watch the first series, especially if you know nothing about the case. It captures the circus of the trial perfectly, as well as the fact that nignogs are unevolved primates when it comes to logic and reason, plus showing the fact that the LAPD basically dug their own graves leading up to the case.
>>
>>67651351
>Muprhy says his mission statement for the American Crime Story anthology is “to be a socially conscious, socially aware examination of different types of crime around the world. And in my opinion, Katrina was a f—ing crime — a crime against a lot of people who didn’t have a strong voice, and we’re going to treat it as a crime. That’s what this show is all about.”
http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016/01/american-crime-story-season-2-katrina

>It's a white guilt cuck makes an anthology series episode.
>>
>>67652375
This season has sucked. Murphy called it a "10 hour treatsie in support of Black Lives matter" and that's exactly how its played out.
>>
File: 1451617444820.png (611 KB, 780x720) Image search: [Google]
1451617444820.png
611 KB, 780x720
>>67654125
>Live in a hurricane prone, below sea level city
>Not having Hurricane insurance
>Not having flood insurance
>Staying in the city when told to leave
>Hurrrr le Social Justice
>>
>>67651351
jeez so mad
/have not heard about any of that obscure shit.
Do they even have all the facts? This show deals in truth not stupid conspiracy shit.
>>
File: 1417550985570.png (103 KB, 275x300) Image search: [Google]
1417550985570.png
103 KB, 275x300
>>67654125
>have a thousand and one real crime stories from the aftermath of Katrina
>have an actual instance of white men hunting niggers for sport at Algiers Point that could satisfy a "race" or "social justice" theme requirement
>"LOL NO THE HURRICANE WAS THE REAL CRIME HERE, FUCK WHITE PEOPLE THEY ALLOWED THE BLACKS TO LIVE BELOW SEA LEVEL"

Jesus christ, liberals really are fucking retarded.
>>
>>67654559
>Algiers Point

Cool.

https://youtu.be/5r1X_G7cWak
>>
File: wallpaper-treme-1600.jpg (427 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper-treme-1600.jpg
427 KB, 1600x1200
>>67651351
Not to mention it's already been done. Even if it's as GOAT as season one it won't even come close to the GOAT David Simon series.
>>
>>67653937
>3rd world, cartel run coutry
>No one injured, No one killed

>1st world
>Thousands dead, Billions in damage

?
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.