[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you guys think of Tony?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: efap.jpg (165 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
efap.jpg
165 KB, 900x900
What do you guys think of Tony?
>>
bompo
>>
>>67650891
Anyone who likes Nujabes is ok in my books
>>
Light and informative for new viewers but rarely eye opening. Some of his videos are a real stretch to find something to say, like the recent Coen bros.

Jackie Chan was by far his best video
>>
>>67651428
I actually agree
>>
I don't know. Seems like all of the popular critics or film analysts are kids that just got out of film school recently. These aren't people I care to listen to.
>>
>>67650891
Pretty good but takes himself to seriously and thinks his opinions are facts
>>
His comments on twitter about Mann and Blackhat expose his profound ignorance about the role of the director on set and its bearing on the assessment of the finished product. I don't know how anyone can take him seriously as a source of valid critical knowledge after that, or indeed after watching even one of his videos. In other words, I agree with >>67651705
>>
He just points stuff out. There's no real analysis, at least not in the videos I've watched.

The YouTube descriptions are fantastic though, lots of good book recommendations.
>>
>>67651747
What did he say on Twitter?
>>
>>67650891
I think I'll hide this thread
>>
Tony seems like a nice guy, but I honestly don't what he's like outside of his youtube videos. That said, his videos are overall a waste of time.
>>
>>67651824
A lot of things that make no sense

https://twitter.com/tonyszhou/status/624428924609531904
>>
I found Satoshi Kon thanks to him so he`s okay in my book.
Millenium Actress>Perfect Blue>Tokyo Godfather>>>Paprika
>>
>>67650891
Stop fucking shilling here.
>>
>>67652820
If OP is really Tony, he must be a glutton for punishment, because there are as many negative assessments of his work as positive. Maybe he is looking for constructive criticism?
>>
>>67651705
>takes himself to seriously
God, this. Why does this always happen to mildly interesting youtubers?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.