[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does it bother anyone else we're getting nothing but films
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 9
File: films.png (50 KB, 763x643) Image search: [Google]
films.png
50 KB, 763x643
Does it bother anyone else we're getting nothing but films without a shred of substance or integrity and it's all just Capeshit, Star Warshit, Pixarshit, etc. Until the end of time?

Who is to blame for all of this?
>>
File: AngryGibson.jpg (93 KB, 650x1000) Image search: [Google]
AngryGibson.jpg
93 KB, 650x1000
/tv/ and their shitty reddit capeshit posts
>>
>>67643611
JC will save us
>>
Disney.

Enjoy your monopoly. You'll see the same five movies annually.
>>
No, it doesn't bother me, because I hardly watch american movies.
>>
>>67643611
just wait for warcraft
>>
File: 1452269721107.gif (73 KB, 500x753) Image search: [Google]
1452269721107.gif
73 KB, 500x753
Reaganomics
>>
>>67643652

It's going to be the second highest grossing film of all time once people work out the director is David Bowie's son.
>>
>>67643611
people are to blame, people like those types of movies, hence they make the most money
>>
thatfeelwhen.org
>>
>>67643611
>Who is to blame for all of this?

you are.

you are watching films from Hollywood and nowhere else you fucking pleb.
>>
i don't blame the studios at all, they're in it for the money. if people (manchildren and teenagers) stopped paying to watch these giant cluster fucks of cgi shit then they would go away.
>>
>>67643660
yeah pretty much, shits depressing
>>
Maybe if you watched anything but the Hollywood shit with most advertisement you wouldn't have opinions that are that fucking stupid.
>>
>>67643673
So here's how things work now: A director will make seemingly meaningful and intelligent films until they catch a break to direct a mainstream capeshit and/or fantasy film.
Soooooo its basically slaving until you can sell out.
Goddamn this century's art is in the shitter.
>>
File: 4.jpg (25 KB, 324x212) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
25 KB, 324x212
All forms of entertainment went to shit in 2008 and never recovered. Why?
>>
>>67643837
Iron Man
>>
>>67643611
Normies :^)
>>
>>67643611
>the two highest-grossing films of all time are original IPs
>>
the popular movies reflect their audience. the american people are to blame.

if the pigs squeal for liquid shit to eat then that is what they will get.
>>
>>67643837

Iron Man
Facebook
Economic recession

All are to blame for it
>>
File: avatard script.jpg (174 KB, 800x779) Image search: [Google]
174 KB, 800x779
>>67643886

> Avatar
> Original

TOP FUCKING KWAK
>>
>>67643937
Someone's still upset that TFA couldn't even touch Titanic :^)
>>
Believe it or not OP, I think you're young and don't remember this but action blockbusters were always popular and made a lot of money.
>>
>>67643835

Turn to books. Even if every book ever written from now until the end if time is shit, it's the only medium that has more quality works than you can get through in your lifetime.
>>
>>67644087
Yet in the past, they held some degree of cultural worth.

We all still quote and enjoy stuff from movies like The Terminator and Predator. These movies did, in some way, add to Western culture.

Can you quote a single line from any capeshit movie? Can you even remember a single noteworthy scene? Probably not.

These movies just exist to create money. They do not improve the world or society in any way.
>>
>>67643886
Cameron isn't the first person to make a movie about the Titanic.
>>
>>67644192
Cameron was the first to make a film about a boat literally the most successful film of all time.
>>
>>67644163
Fuck you're stupid. I hope for your own sake that you're under 18 and in that case I wish you the best of luck in fucking off from this site because it's for adults. If you're over 18, kill yourself.
>>
>>67643611
>WHY ARE THE HIGHEST GROSSING MOVIES EVER ALL ESTABLISHED I.P.'S WITH BROAD DEMOGRAPHIC APPEAL?!?!?!?!?!??!!??!!?!?

You do realize you don't have to watch studio tentpole movies dont you?
>>
>>67644163
>they held some degree of cultural worth.
Oh my god...

Look, I'll condescend to your level and explain instead of just telling you to kill yourself. You know why you view those old movies as if they have "cultural worth?" Because they're like 20+ years old now. They've had time to bypass their dismal failure with critics and now everyone just remembers them as fun dopey movies that provided them with fantastical images in their childhood. Give it another 20 years, and the new Star Wars movie will be exactly like that too.
>>
File: Avatar subtle villain .jpg (166 KB, 1921x1073) Image search: [Google]
166 KB, 1921x1073
>>67643990
I love how /tv/eenage contrarians are now pretending Avatar wasn't garbage just so they can shitpost about Star Wars. Avatar didn't stop being an unoriginal color-in-the-numbers, pander-to-foreign-markets movie just because TFA came out.
>>
Audiences are to blame. If a big-budget movie isn't capeshit or a franchise, it will bomb
>>
>>67644364
It's amazing how much a few sentences can paint a picture of someone. You're an early 20s male manchild that browses reddit that got butthurt that his precious children's franchise got humiliated by a movie from 1997 that sold tickets at half the price.
>>
>>67643643
This. They have pixar, ESPN, ABC, Marvel, Star Wars and Indiana Jones
>>
Because you retards won't stop buying the tickets to see them.

You should've seen that TFA would have been a soulless yet safe corporate rehash from a mile away, but you wouldn't have said that considering how the /tv/ catalog was awash with TFA threads. Retards will be retards and will continue to be good goys.
>>
It's an issue with revenue and non-English speakers. You can't translate American stories. You can translate American explosions (ie capeshit).

From the Financial Times in December: http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/90810812-9ccd-11e5-b45d-4812f209f861.html#ixzz44PkE2grm

>China will overtake the US as the world’s largest movie market within two years, says the chief executive of Imax, the big screen cinema group.

>Rich Gelfond said China would surpass the US in box office revenue and by number of screens by 2017.

>“We entered China just as the multiplex boom was happening and our box office has increased 50 per cent a year on a compound basis,” he said.

>Recent openings of blockbuster Hollywood movies in China have generated box office totals that rival openings in the US.

>The Martian, from 21st Century Fox, made $50.1m in its opening weekend in China, with $4.5m coming from Imax screens. The $50.1m total compares with the $54.4m The Martian generated in its first weekend in the US.

>China’s box office revenues increased 36 per cent in 2014 to hit $4.8bn, according to China’s State Administration of Press, Publication, Radio, Film and Television.
>>
>>67644364
avatar is crap, anyone who says otherwise is baiting
>>
>>67644163
>He's my friend...

>so was I
>>
what in the flying fuck is Minions?
>>
>>67643611
BvS was great though
>>
>>67643905
How you put a recession along side iron man?
>>
>>67643660
>>67643729

Why haven't the democrats enacted anti-monopoly laws under the Clinton and Obama administrations if Reagan did this 30 years ago?
>>
File: Hmmm.png (4 KB, 204x205) Image search: [Google]
Hmmm.png
4 KB, 204x205
>>
>>67645203
because democrats dont do anything that they promise. They just say a bunch of crap to appeal to poor minorities to get elected
>>
People like you
>>
>>67643611
It doesn't bother me because a lot more movies come out each year than just capeshit movies and nobody is stopping me from viewing them. Does it bother me that there are 8 different fast food places in 5 mile radius from my house? No because a quick Google search will tell me that their are many lesser known excellent steakhouses and seafood places nearby that I can go to whenever I like. The day films you believe have integrity cease to be produced is the day I can understand why you are bothered. Until then you just sound like a whiny child upset at the success and popularity of something you don't like.
>>
>>67644961

Something truly terrible, not made for this world.
>>
>>67643611
sicario
the new helen mirren drone movie looks good
>>
>>67643611
>we're getting nothing but films without a shred of substance or integrity and it's all just Capeshit, Star Warshit, Pixarshit, etc. Until the end of time?
That's not true at all.

Good movies are being made all the time. All you have to do is pay a little attention.

Also nobody is forcing you to watch capeshit etc. It's your own choice to watch it, and to be bothered with it.
>>
File: Rosenbaum-late-1970s.jpg (23 KB, 537x300) Image search: [Google]
Rosenbaum-late-1970s.jpg
23 KB, 537x300
>>67643837
Rosenbaum retired :^)
>>
>>67643611
The American public at large and the corporations that produce this shit.
>>
>Jurassic World was projected to be best grossing film of 2015
>TFA manages to top 2015 in only two weeks
shit
>>
>>67645467
I don't think anyone thought Jurassic World would do better than the biggest movie franchise in history.
>>
>>67644163
> Can you quote a single line from any capeshit movie?

It would be extremely painful
>>
>>67645526
biggest movie frachsie in history.. it was never that. it is popular sure, but there isn't any others besides phantom menace on the list
>>
File: 1456941520280.jpg (12 KB, 250x140) Image search: [Google]
1456941520280.jpg
12 KB, 250x140
>>67644961
>>
>>67646041
You're a big guy.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.