[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is everyone shitting on this movie? I thought it was pretty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
Why is everyone shitting on this movie?

I thought it was pretty good. Best Star Wars film since the 80s.
>>
>>67640478

>Best star wars film

I don't care how many threads I have to shitpost in to make anons understand that this is NOT a star wars film.
>>
>>67640508
autism.
>>
tv is contrarian. If something is hated here that means it's great in the real world
>>
>>67640574
If you use the word "contrarian," you're literally an idiot. It's an invented concept by idiots with childish sensibilities who are too fragile to deal with criticism of mediocre media that has widespread appeal.

It's a troubling manifestation of millennials' mental weakness. Seriously, the only people who would even entertain any "argument" involving the concept of being "contrarian" are weak, lazy idiots who can't deal with criticism substantively.

If it bothers you that much that people criticize mediocre mass-marketed work designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator, like Star Wars, Breaking Bad, pop music, etc., you should find a safe bubble and stay there. Or kill yourself.
>>
File: 1458960517327.jpg (45 KB, 500x640) Image search: [Google]
1458960517327.jpg
45 KB, 500x640
>>67640508
Hush little one, the adults are chatting right now!
>>
>>67640478

This is a Marvel film disguised as a Star Wars film which is why everyone loved it because they haven't more than likely saw the originals, know nothing about them outside of Darth Vader jokes on The Big Bang Theory or have only watched the prequels. TFA is a hollow, convoluted film with nothing new or original about it other than to make millions and millions for Disney.
>>
it was transformers with star wars, terrible script even if it was a blatant ANH rip off
>>
>>67640478
didn't feel like star wars

had the right props but none of the tone
>>
>>67640478
>Best Star Wars film since the 80s.
That's not a high bar.

Movie was decent at best. Rey was a boring as fuck main character who wins too easily. Finn had potential for a interesting arc but it was horribly rushed to make room for Rey. Way, WAY too beat-for-beat like A New Hope.
>>
>>67640812

How is paying homage to its own franchise a ripoff?
>>
>>67640574
doesn't that mean you're a ""'contrarian"" as well since you're posting on /tv/?
or are you admitting you're not a local
>>
>>67640897
>paying homage to its own franchise

there's literally no reason to do this

all it accomplishes is breaking the 4th wall in a jarring and tasteless way
>>
Because they want to be edgy and special.
>>
>>67640897
Because JJ sisn't write the old movies.

If he did, it wouldn't be a ripoff. The appropriate words would be rehash, recycled, and retread.
>>
>>67640945
>all it accomplishes is breaking the 4th wall in a jarring and tasteless way
amazingly put

you can cry autism and neckbeard opinions all you want but even the most normie of people I know that like star wars think it was shit

people want episode VII, VIII and IX not episodes VIII, IX and episode recap:'last time, on star wars!'

sheeeit, you have hundreds of millions of dollars to make a fantastic new adventure, show us some unique new planets, weave an amazing story, send the characters on a journey

but instead we've got the exact same shit as last time with culturally enriched rolls
>>
>>67640832
>>67640508
that's the thing. it did feel like a star wars and it was a star wars.
the problem is that star wars was never well
approached in the films so nobody really knows how star wars really is.
>>
>>67641024
Because he didn't write this post.

If he did, it wouldn't be a ripoff. The correct terminology would be recycled,rehash and retread.

Me 'paying homage' to your post, exact same shit with the details changed
>>
>>67640832
>>67640508
Me and my friends were saying the exact same thing, visually and audially it's beautiful, they've gone in the right direction, it's the star wars sequels done right

but the casting *cough* Rey, Huxley, Kylo *cough* story and script were a fucking joke

it felt like children wandered onto the set and started playing star wars then the crew just filmed it

the originals had older, grittier characters that felt like real people in real roles in the universe, now we have ACCESSIBLE roles for the audience

I mean shit kids don't give a fuck if the villain's got a baby face or if the protagonists are beautiful, they'll admire them and want to be them anyway if they're doing cool shit and being badass

and adults want competent actors in believable positions

TL;DR: The franchise sold out and Disney raped the corpse
>>
>>67640614
two zillion dollars says you watched this in theaters and are under age 25
>>
>>67640508
There are lots of criticisms to level against TFA but "it wasn't Star Wars" isn't one of them.
>>
>>67640625
This

hurr hurr Harrison Ford hurr hurr lightsabers hurr hurr

it left me entertained yet dead inside
>>
>>67640614
>It's an invented concept by idiots with childish sensibilities who are too fragile to deal with criticism of mediocre media that has widespread appeal.
That's just it -- when the criticisms are actually stated, they're weak or nitpicky enough not to count for such low scores, which means "muh feelings" are accounting for the further drop. And don't lie -- we all know very fucking well that too much normalfag praise sours a lot of people here.
>>
>>67641562

JJ just included Han's death in to distract people from realizing how awful the film was.

>Oh look, all those things were in the original trilogy
>Here's some new villains who I swear are original
>HAN IS DEAD
>End film
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.