[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong? Why did his character go to utter shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault (25).jpg (42 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (25).jpg
42 KB, 1280x720
What went wrong? Why did his character go to utter shit?
>>
>>67633464
He was always a whiny bitch though. His character becomes less and less likable with each reviewing of the series. Jack becomes more and more likable and is now by far my favorite character after hating him initially.

Forgive me, based Jack. I was a stupid manchild.
>>
>>67633516
To be honest I'm the complete opposite I liked Jack in the beginning but began to hate him probably season 4-5 and really begun to like Sawyer more and more.
>>
>>67633464
He was supposed to be the guy who had answers to all your questions, but once you realized he had no clue what was going on is when you really saw his character for what it was; a loser who didn't have anything but the island to live for.
>>
>>67633654
I just hate how uppity he got about himself when he was "leader" of the others like he was some messiah or something fuck you john locke fuck you.
>>
>season 1 locke
>"I looked into the heard of this island, and what I saw was beautiful."

Did he actually look into the heart of the island back then or was he just talking shit?
>>
>>67633464
Writer's strike.
>>
>>67633557
same
>>
File: 1454053928738.png (35 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1454053928738.png
35 KB, 300x300
>tfw you were team Locke and thought Jack was the asshole

I was so young, foolish and gullible.
>>
>>67633720
who knows, the writers didn't
>>
>>67633464
holy shit I remember this exact part from lost!
>>
I still can't believe they killed off Locke the way they did. Fuck that show.
>>
>>67634145
In hindsight the whole revival thing and it actually not being him was so fucking bad.
>>
The last two seasons were so bad, I think I only watched them when they aired.
>>
>>67633715
He thought he was the only one who understood the island, but ultimately he didn't understand jack shit.

>like he was some messiah or something
And rubbing it in Linus' face about how he was more "chosen" than him. I loved seeing Ben take him down a peg on multiple occasions.
>>
>muh destiny muh conned kidney muh button

I hate how many times Locke screws up their chances of rescue just because he doesn't want to leave. As if he couldn't just opt to stay on the island despite rescue.
>knocking out Sayid in season 1
>blowing up the sub just as Jack (and Juliet?) are about to go
>killing Naomi (top kek at that whole scene)
>>
>>67633557
Yeah, out of all the three leaders Sawyer had the best character arc.

The turning point: I really liked the episode where Jack, Locke, Sayid and Kate are out of the camp and Hurley tricks Sawyer in doing nice things and taking care of the other survivors.
The the whole "Jim LaFleur" arc was fantastic and really cimented him as the best leader of the survivors. At the end of the day Jack and Locke will drag everyone in the island's problems, but Sawyer is the one who will watch everyone's back.
>>
>literally getting FUCKED by a manlet

gg
>>
I think he was fine up till the point where he stayed dead, should have actually been revived. They never should have introduced MIB and Jacob and had that terrible final season.
>>
>>67634255
>grouping BASED Season 5 and time travel with the bullshit that was season 6
wew lad
>>
>>67634485
>killing Naomi (top kek at that whole scene)
I was waiting the whole show up until that point to see him drop somebody with a knife and when he finally does it it's a relatively innocent person.

Kinda out of character for him.
>>
I always thought he went to shit in season 2 because the character was so complex and they were busy dealing with all of this other big island mystery stuff. He got good again in season 3 but the future story in 4 and 5 ruined him again.
>>
I never watched this show, can someone summarize what it's all about? Thanks.
>>
>>67634868
He was supposed to be a catalyst for answers, I think. His whole character was related to/revolved around the mysteries of the island. To develop his character would require answering or furthering some questions, though, and the writers just couldn't do that. So he turned to shit.

They really should have used him progressively less as the show went on. Kept his stuff small but important, rather than what we got.
>>
>>67633720
He saw the smoke monster, you know that because you hear the smoke monster and see john from it's pov. Then later you hear John describe the monster as being a bright light. So it's safe to assume the monster just flashed him like it did Juliet and Kate in season 3, which would mean he probably saw glimpses of earlier moments of his life.
>>67633715
fuck you man, John had the most tragic character arc of all the characters. Everyone manipulated him into thinking he was special when really he was just another pawn in Jacob's great game with the mib.
>>
Most frustrating show ever

Don't watch it expecting a satisfying conclusion, don't watch it expecting anything to make sense.

They literally made it up as they went along and it shows. The good part of the show is the flashbacks. The island is just a joke designed solely to draw you in for the first season
>>
>>67635084
What's it like talking shit on the internet, anon? Does it make you feel good? Like a big man?
>don't watch it expecting anything to make sense
>I'm a retard therefore everyone else is probably retarded too
>>
>>67634890
Bait of Babylon tier, good job.
>>
>>67635084
I'm up to season 5 nearly finished it this my first time ever watching the show am I in for disappointment?
>>
>>67634932
He never had any answers though. He was the "man of faith". They could have used him to explore deeper spiritual themes.

Not like the characters they brought in later on who sucked. "I'll give you all the answers to the island!" *dies to spear*
>>
>>67635243
You've watched nearly 5 seasons of a show and you're not sure if it's dissappointing you? I was super frustrated for the first 5 or 6 episodes of season six while it was airing, like a lot of people. But I loved the ending and was satisfied overall. I've found every rewatch since then to be more satisfying than the last.
>>
Why was Jacob such an asshole? His methods were brutally unecessary
>>
>>67635145
What the fuck's that supposed to mean?
>>
>>67633516
I only saw Lost once but I disliked Jack until season 6 when I realized he was the patrician Lost char.
>>
>>67634890
I wrote this a while ago and saved it.
>plane crashes on island
>flash backs to each character to learn about them
>various adventures on island to survive
>there is a monster afoot
>find hatch
>blow open hatch using dynamite
>push button in hatch every 108 minutes to save the world
>some people get caught by the others
>others live in a village with houses
>stop pressing button, hatch implodes, desmond gets special powers
>freighter arrives at island
>leader of the others going to move the island through time and space to escape the freighter people
>people on a helicopter
>freighter blows up
>island disapears
>helicopter crashes
>helicopter people go home
>island skipping through time
>stops in 1970's
>time travel. Whatever Happened. Happened
>everyone lives there for a few years
>people who went home are sad and come back
>some end up in 1970 as well
>decide to blow up a hydrogen bomb to change a variable so Whatever happened didn't happen
>end up back in present day
>leader of the others kill island deity
>someone must take over for him as island god to stop the smoke monster
>they were all on the island to become potential replacements for island god
>jack becomes island god. desmond unplugs the island heart because special powers
>kill smoke monster
>island dieing
>Jack replugs island, saves desmond, dies
>Hurley is new island god. Protects the island till he dies
>a bunch of others fly a plane off the island to safety
>When each character dies throughout the series, or after the series if they are still alive at that point they end up in an alternate reality and at the end they all move on to the afterlife together.
>>
I'll allways be sore about libby&anna lucia.
What the hell
>>
>>67633464
He died.
>>
>>67635125

Not him, but they clearly made it up as they went along. LOST wasn't a deep enough show to get away with never explaining half the shit they introduced.
>>
>>67635346
It's probably not fair for me to judge a story based off of the cliffnotes of some random anon, but that sounds exactly like the type of garbage that you get when you just make up a story as you go along. Does that 1970's segment even affect the story in any meaningful way?
>>
Is it worth watching again if you hated the ending?

The show had so many amazing moments though, can't remember being so excited for a show to air before during it's run.
>>
>>67635470
jj abrams had a ted talk about it. says people like the mystery more than anything.

it's not untrue.
>>
Am I the only one who thinks the Nikki and Paulo episode was absolute genius in hindsight? Like I hated it when it aired, but on re-watch it's brilliant because it encapsulates the mystery themes of the entire show.
>>
>>67635346
I can do it quicker:
>two men on an island
>one of the men is there to protect the heart of the island which is the source of all human goodness, a light inside of all people that is essentially the lost version of a soul
>one of them has no such light and wants to destroy the heart of the island which keeps him on the island so that he can spread his evil around the world
>this fundamental disagreement means they want each other dead
>except they can't hurt each other
>so they need to find people to do it for them
>cue: the entire six seasons of lost other than the flash-sideways
>>67635443
http://archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/46255932/#46256119
>>
>>67635502

Why did everyone hate it again? A lot of the episodes didn't advance the plot anyway. I always thought the ending was pretty cool.
>>
>>67635522

Are you team jack or team sawyer?

:3
>>
>>67635470
yeah you learn about the history of the island kinda, because they are living through stuff that goes on to affect things they've already experienced.

its one of the best parts of the show
>>
>>67635586
People skate because no one knows how to jate.
>>
>>67635543
>>67635543
I believe the writers intentionally leaked or did some kind of press release that they were going to be important characters, and the Lost fans were so hardcore at that moment in time that there were all these theories about them.

Then the episode happened.
>>
>>67635859
kek remember when the actress who played zoe in the second half of season 6 claimed she was the key to everything in some interview? And she never worked again.
>>
>>67633464
Locke did nothing wrong
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH0P-CA7ntE

reminder
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.