[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>we're still friends right? >depends how hard you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5
File: hawkeye.png (686 KB, 1914x799) Image search: [Google]
hawkeye.png
686 KB, 1914x799
>we're still friends right?
>depends how hard you hit me.
Fuck off. seriously? Couldn't resist quipping for 5 minutes for a fight scene?
>>
>>67627231
Each pair is gonna have a quip too. Also when spidey comes in, theres a huge quip down
>>
>>67627231
>quip

Is this going to be the new meme word to say now?
>>
>>67627231
You're right, superhero movies should be as emo and depressing as possible.
>>
>>67627412
It's been a meme word for a while now.
>>
>>67627231
This is why I try to stay away from capeshit. Just look what it has done to this board.
>>
>>67627445
>this is the only alternative to quip city

Fucking hell, why can't they just find a happy medium?
>>
>>67627711
x men
>>
File: bukit.gif (3 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
bukit.gif
3 MB, 480x360
>>67627231
>Mfw Marvel
>>
>Hawkeye not quipping

Um.
>>
File: 1419968303834.gif (475 KB, 275x216) Image search: [Google]
1419968303834.gif
475 KB, 275x216
>>67627231
>lighthearted banter in a movie for kids
>this is a bad thing
>>
>>67627445
>>67628136
>Every scenes is required to completely diffuse the tension with shitty comedy because it's a superhero film

Raimi's spiderman films weren't nearly as quipy as this shit. There are sad/tense/light moments instead of mostly just being a platform for "cool guy" lines.

Doesn't matter if it's a kids film, much better kids movies know when to downplay the comedy unlike marvelshit
>>
>>67628136
But comic books can be so much more then that. They can be deep and philosophical that but nope marvel just wants the quips.
>>
>>67628227
This t b h
>>
>>67628227
Precisely Hawkeye and Spiderman are the ones who have always been quippers.
It-s not by Whedon, so it'll be fine.
>>
Sorry a fucking super hero movie isn't a drama filled epic
>>
>>67628354
quip bullshit hasn't been limited to Whedon or Hawkeye in the series so far.

Winter Soldier has been the only decent Marvel movie in awhile, but even then, CW is probably going to be shit.

The most consistent thing about the Marvel franchise is how mediocre they all have been
>>
Hi, I'm Marvel.

If I keep you laughing a lot, you won't notice the lack of substance and the uninspired cinematography.

See you after the credits.
>>
>>67628441
That's why CW is important, it's an opportunity to see if the Russos are good for this or if TWS was just luck.
The writers are the same, so i'm not too worried.
>>
File: 1425496459380.png (58 KB, 249x211) Image search: [Google]
1425496459380.png
58 KB, 249x211
>>67628478
Hi, i'm DC.
I've driven one of the biggest movie composers right now away from capeshit.
>>
>>67628507
>60 year old man composes magnum opus and bows out on a high note
>driven
>>
>>67628868
He's retiring from capeshit because he thinks the movies are getting worse.
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/batman_vs_superman/hans-zimmer-officially-retires-from-the-superhero-genre-a132806
>>
>>67628897
>citation needed

All I hear him say is that he has worked for 13 years on these movies and can't keep making new things.

If ASM 2 didn't drive him out, why would BvS?
>>
>>67627231
Do you not read comics?

That's exactly what comics do?

I don't mind serious movies like DC, but to act like quips have no place in comic book worlds is retarded.
>>
>>67628953
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_z5Z8rqEtI&feature=youtu.be
>this one was very hard for me to do, for me to try to find new language
>I really truly in my heart believe nobody can write for money. You've got to be inspired, and money is not very inspiring.
Just listen to his language. He's not tired of Superheroes because they're superheroes, he's worn out from digging for inspiration to make good music for a fucking snyder film.
>>
>>67628227
LOL the rose tinted glasses this board has for Raimi's films is retarded. Those films are full of either the most generic one liners ever or lines that literally don't make sense.
>>
>>67629642
I have a knack for that
>>
>>67629159
Of course they belong in there. But is it so fucking much to ask that while they're beating the shit out of each other that they shut the fuck up and not destroy any kind of tone/suspense?
>>
>>67627231

Black Widow and Hawkeye are the quip characters. It's what they do.
>>
>>67629762
And Spiderman.
>>
>>67629762
>implying ironman isn't a quipmachine
>implying antman has ever or will ever say anything other than quips
>implying guardians of quips plot wasn't structured totally around quips
>>
>>67627231
Quipping is dead. Bury it.

Consider this mercy.
>>
>>67627231
Hawkeye is a quipster in both comics and the movies.

Natasha and Clint are best friends and have established friendly banter throughout the movies. Not to mention they're seasoned agents who remain cool-headed when shit gets rough. It fits.
>>
>>67629761
>Of course they belong in there.
>But is it so fucking much to ask that while they're beating the shit out of each other that they shut the fuck up and not destroy any kind of tone/suspense?
Yeah, you claim to get it, but you still don't. One-Liners while fighting are part the genre too. Especially if the two people fighting know each other, and-or are trying to only incapacitate the other, rather than kill them.
>>
>>67629915
>Quipping is dead. Bury it.
LOL, more like DC is dead.
>>
>>67627231
>fight scenes shouldn't be any fun

It'd be more weird if none of these characters addressed the fact that they're fighting their friends. We know from the trailers that there are also emotional exchanges between friends. It's only natural some of them would be more lighthearted to release the tension that they're about to try to punch an old friend's face in.
>>
>>67627231
looks like Daniel Craig
>>
>>67627231

whats wrong with that? do you not have any friends you have banter with? probably not knowing this shithole but if you listened to what me and my m8s go on like you'd be getting uppity about quips perpetually
>>
>>67629925
shut the fuck up comic faggot
>>
>>67629982
Kek, why are you even watching these movies? It's clear you don't like or understand them.
>>
>>67629973
>fighting your best mate because of inconsolable differences
>still throwing light hearted banter back and forth
yeah no
>>
Did ever read comics, OP? I did, jus to familiarize myself with comics. And trust me, this shit is 99.99999% quips. Even in saddest scenes imaginable, somebody quips the shit out of it
>>
>>67627412
it seems so
>add "quip" in Filters & Post Hiding
>>
>>67630006
I do like them actually, i'm a fan. But there is nothing to 'understand' or if there is please enlighten me.

Not everything transfers well between mediums you colossal faggot, there is a happy medium between marvel and DC where fight scenes aren't quipped to hell.
>>
>>67627231
Jesus christ, from certain angles Renner looks old as fuck.
>>
>>67627231
>Couldn't resist quipping for 5 minutes for a fight scene?
have you ever read a comic?
>>
>>67629642
IT'S YOU WHO'S FULL GOBBY. FULL OF YOURSELF!
>>
>>67630117
It's one joke though. You're literally getting worked up on the internet enough to say "quipped to hell" over one joke. How can there be a happy medium to satisfy someone that autistic?
>>
>>67630359
>muh quips
>>
>>67631598
Whatever man. You're showing more and more throughout this conversation how autistic you are. If on joke means "quipped to hell" for you, there's no hope for you.
>>
>>67631738
>>>reddit
>>
>we're still quips right?
>depends how hard you quip me
seriously?
>>
>>67630359
>literally muh quips
>>
>>67628256
You got Watchmen and 300

So shut the fuck up
>>
>>67629945
BEST OPENING EVER FOR CAPESHIT
E
S
T

O
P
E
N
I
N
G

E
V
E
R

F
O
R

C
A
P
E
S
H
I
T
>>
>>67631765
I see. You are trolling.

Carry on.
>>
>>67627445

>I need to have FUN, and see colorful and not threatening things all the time, otherwise I would cry.
>>
>>67632064
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

fuck off newfag
>>
>>67632049
Fastest dropoff ever for capeshit too. There's nowhere to go but down from here, m8.
>>
>>67632120

My troll detector has already been set off, kind sir. Xbox Live seems to be the place for you.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.