[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the most suspenseful, nail-biting, edge-of-your-seat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 7
File: TCS.jpg (125 KB, 600x896) Image search: [Google]
TCS.jpg
125 KB, 600x896
What is the most suspenseful, nail-biting, edge-of-your-seat film you've ever seen?

Pic related for me.
>>
I'm not a fan of horror, but in terms of thrillers, Mothman Prophecies is one that I remember being frightening.

spoiler of the movie ahead:
that scene when he gets the phone
>>
File: 220px-TheEdgeposter.jpg (19 KB, 220x326) Image search: [Google]
220px-TheEdgeposter.jpg
19 KB, 220x326
>>
File: hatefuleightposter.jpg (40 KB, 564x746) Image search: [Google]
hatefuleightposter.jpg
40 KB, 564x746
Go ahead and laugh at me.

At first, the tension was relieved with "No deal, tramp"

Then, during the hanging, the bed almost snaps.
>>
>>67623836
>if this unlikely series of events ever were to happen nuclear power is really dangerous - the movie
>>
>>67623935

movie is so good, gonna watch again soon.
>>
>>67623996

You didn't make it to the ending, did you?
>>
File: suspensethemovie.png (2 MB, 1280x1843) Image search: [Google]
suspensethemovie.png
2 MB, 1280x1843
>>67623836
you niggas even trying?
>>
File: 11180104_ori.jpg (214 KB, 800x1185) Image search: [Google]
11180104_ori.jpg
214 KB, 800x1185
>>
File: Catfish_film.jpg (6 KB, 220x326) Image search: [Google]
Catfish_film.jpg
6 KB, 220x326
>>67624259
No doubt Hitchcock is the master. The flashbulb scene in this, all of Rope, the list goes on.

Honorable mention goes to Sydney Lumet's Fail-Safe. That movie is totally merciless.

But for me Catfish was the most tense I've ever been. Following Nev as he was tracking this girl down...
>>
>67623836

Fuck The China Syndrome and fuck Jane Fonda. That piece of shit movie meme'd the idea that nuclear power is inherently unsafe into a whole generation of Americans and is part of the reason why we haven't been developing the technology over the past 40 years while countries like France and China lap circles around us with clean, safe nuclear plants.
>>
Last act of Carlito's Way.
>>
File: united-93-poster.jpg (293 KB, 600x860) Image search: [Google]
united-93-poster.jpg
293 KB, 600x860
The crazy thing about this is you know how it ends. But Paul Greengrass is so fucking good at what he does it still works. Bloody Sunday as well.
>>
>>67624531
>That piece of shit movie meme'd the idea that nuclear power is inherently unsafe into a whole generation of Americans

Is that not the fault of idiot Americans rather than the film? Considering that the climax of the film is the nuclear plant STABILIZING ITSELF despite all the build up and fear mongering.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.