[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Explain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7
File: darthvader_by_wraithdt.jpg (181 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
darthvader_by_wraithdt.jpg
181 KB, 900x900
Can somebody explain what exactly makes the Sith so evil?

I get they use the dark side, even kill billions(?) by blowing up planets, but that is war. What kind of evil things does the Empire actually do to it's "citizens"?
>>
The Empire provides safety and security in exchange for taxes
>>
Empire is beneficial for the Core Worlds while it terrorize and subjugate the Outer Rim.

It's like 1st world countries bullying 3rd world countries. But without giving any shit or abiding to any laws.
>>
In the old canon they used Wookiee slaves to build the Death Star
>>
>>67623028
In the new canon we recently learned that they apparently exterminated or otherwise "disappeared" the entire population of Geonosis
>>
>>67622657
negro stormtroopers
>>
>>67623087
wait what new canon? is that the one kyle ren used to blow up that planet?
>>
>>67622657
They blew up one of their own planets. Remember Alderaan?
>>
>>67622657
Most of them probably aren't pure evil. They desire power, strength, control. Stability. The Empire was probably doing a lot of people a favor by providing security and strength to those aligned with it. I'm sure most "citizens" under Imperial command are no worse than anyone else. They probably lived better lives and had more opportunities than the shitty outer rim rebel and animal planets.
>>
>>67625587
"We can END THIS destructive conflict and rule the galaxy as father and son!"
>>
File: carl.jpg (95 KB, 878x439) Image search: [Google]
carl.jpg
95 KB, 878x439
>>67622657
Basically the Jedi are a bunch of Carl's who never got laid in high school because they wouldn't shut the fuck up about Bernie Sanders or Obama or whoever the messiah of the month was. They never got laid so they want to make sure nobody else does.
>>
>>67622657
Because they straight up muder innocent people.
>>
File: 1384820028833.gif (1 MB, 280x280) Image search: [Google]
1384820028833.gif
1 MB, 280x280
>>67622657
>even kill billions(?) by blowing up planets, but that is war.
>What kind of evil things does the Empire actually do to it's "citizens"?
Nigga, are you for real?
>>
File: Sheev.jpg (36 KB, 500x480) Image search: [Google]
Sheev.jpg
36 KB, 500x480
Because they'll do anything to achieve their goals. It's the definition of evil. They are truly the only people who can make the galaxy great again.
>>
>>67625702
Tbqh that would have been the best case scenario. Luke and a reborn Anakin should have killed Palpatine and kept firm control of the galaxy.
>>
>>67622657
>Can somebody explain what exactly makes the Sith so evil?
Nothing.
Evil is a point of view.
>>
>>67625808
Remember where you are. The people here are so detached from the rest of humanity that 90% of their communication in the oast week has involved posting memes, the other 10% having been an order for pizzas.
>>
>>67625848
From my point of view the Jedi are evil.
>>
>>67623028
That's still canon
"The construction of the Death Star continued above Geonosis in utmost secrecy, with the Empire utilizing construction modules operated by Wookiee slave laborers and various other species to complete the project."
>>
>i know they kill billions but how are they evil?
are you broken?
>>
>>67625868
Can't wait until we get the suspense/thriller/comedy flick about Han breaking Chewie out of space slavery.
>>
>be a good person
>take the high road
>the high road is also the high ground

yeortp
>>
>>67623087
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sterilization_of_Geonosis
radical dood
>>
File: punishedgerman.png (372 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
punishedgerman.png
372 KB, 600x600
>we will get a film about a punished Jedi who goes full demon mode and wages war against the sith empire
>>
>>67625891
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Chewbacca
>At some point, Chewbacca was freed from slavery by Han Solo and swore a life debt to him.
Sounds pretty good
>>
The empire itself is rather nice. If you bend to their will, you're aces. If you're an outer rim territory that won't let the empire add you to their trading routes, then you'll get fucked in the ass.

The Sith are just hateful fuckers who get too full of themselves. Jedi and Sith are retards, middle ground Force users are the GOAT.
>>
>>67626306
Too bad middle ground is no longer an accepted idea in canon.
>>
File: Metabarons.jpg (65 KB, 300x468) Image search: [Google]
Metabarons.jpg
65 KB, 300x468
>>67625814
If we're going by old cannon, all that will do is replace the emperor with Father vs Son infighting because the Rule of Two always pits the Darths against teach other.

We'd get Metabarons: dynasties of sons killing and replacing their father as emperor.
>>
>>67626306
I mean, as long as you are willing to bend to the control of the empire, and are a human race.

>>67626509
EU was NEVER real Lucas canon anyways...its no fucking loss.
>>
>>67625739
>messiah of the month
>not trump
>more easy lays among republican women than democrat women
hmm
>>
>>67626601
>EU was NEVER real Lucas canon anyways...its no fucking loss.

Lucas doesn't even know the movies plot judging by the prequels. His opinion is irrelevant.
>>
>>67626601
>real Lucas canon

>implying that's a good thing

Even that was nuked by disney. Otherwise we'd get midichlorians again.
>>
>>67626694
>Even that was nuked by disney
Except for the fact that Disney has said The six movies and The Clone Wars are canon. They just aren't bringing up midichlorians because people hate them.
>>
>>67626737
>implying midichlorians are still cannon

Again, how is that a good thing?
>>
>>67625848
Back then in the originals evil meant evil not "misunderstood"
Vader was just an absolute madman
>>
>>67622657
They don't validate parking, that's what makes them evil.
>>
>>67628103
Prequels ruined the OT. I wish I could wipe them from my memory.
>>
>>67622819
So it's like NATO? Got it.
>>
>>67626601
>its no fucking loss
Don't want to sound like a Redditor but things like Thrawn and Kreia are absolutely a loss when you consider that they were great examples of their canon's lore whereas now that that's all gone the new canon is pretty much entirely shit. Hope you enjoy animated CGI children's shows.

Also hope you like Darth Maul because it's now canon that he is still a live and has robotic chicken legs.

I don't care how large and terrible the old EU was, it at least had a few moderately shining examples to show for it.

Bear in mind some of the best EU content actually came out very shortly after the films. This current canon is entirely headed and/or endorsed by the new owners as movies are BEING PRODUCED and this is what they have to show for it.
>>
>>67623087
muh 6 billion toydarian
>>
>>67625866
Is pizza a meme?
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.