[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did they kill off Stannis? Serious question.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: stannis.jpg (170 KB, 900x508) Image search: [Google]
stannis.jpg
170 KB, 900x508
Why did they kill off Stannis? Serious question.
>>
Because the writers cant sympathize with him and dont like him.

The basic fan base doesnt give a shit about him anyway, they want more "girl power" characters like Dany and Brienne.
>>
He was too autistic for this world.

Also they couldn't survive the normie backlash if they let someone who killed his daughter live.
>>
He was a foolish,headstrong false prophet who already outperformed his maximum potential long beckre he died
>>
So they could give his storyline to John.

Also because they're still butthurt about Renly getting what he deserved.
>>
>Kill off stannis

Show me the body
>>
>>67618933
ikr?

>theres a gorillion fucking wildlings beyond the wall
>if they get through they will destroy entire westeros
>gets destroyed by a bunch of underfinanced rapists and thieves and an exiled pretender with a handful of half decent bannermen
>>
I suspect they hated the character, so they refused to give him the storyline where he unites a bunch of northern mountain clans and wins over some big northern houses to his cause. All to give it to Jon Snow and Sansa.
>>
>>67618921
that was just stupid and un-stannis frankly

really retarded writing just to kill him off

a victim of having-too-many-characters-in-your-show
>>
>>67618163

I'm not bothered that they killed him off but this guy was supposed to be some sort of master tactician? He got wrecked hard twice when it mattered. Exchanging the life of your daughter for some warm weather is just fucking stupid as well. Could he not have tried to get a better deal? Why not another ghost murder thing?

His entire story just felt pointless, there was no payoff. He annoyed some people for a while before he got wrecked and it brought that woman to the wall so she can fuck Johns corpse or whatever she is going to do.
>>
>>67619300
>master tactician

I actually don't know why this is canonically established, in the books he's only like thirty and only actual military experience is surviving a long siege and crushing the Greyjoy fleet
>>
>>67619532
Pretty sure he did more than that, and crushing the greyjoy fleet, a house known for its ships, is a pretty good feat.
>>
File: 1405102616147.gif (682 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
1405102616147.gif
682 KB, 245x245
Yes
>>
>>67618163
HE'S NOT DEAD

STANNIS 2016
T
A
N
N
I
S

>>
>>67618163
>>67619162
>a victim of having-too-many-characters-in-your-show
This is the real issue. Stannis is likely going to die early in TWOW, and they simply didn't want to bill Stephen Dillane another season when he's just gonna be in 1 or 2 episodes.

Also, I think Dillane has other projects coming up and his schedule was conflicted.
>>
>>67618163
cuz they're jews
>>
>>67619300
His loss at the blackwater had to do with a supernatural weapon and a gimmicky chain trap GRRM stole from the invasion of chatham. Also he attacked one of the largest castles in the realm, and they got reinforcements too.

His second defeat was due dessertion and terrible weather
>>
He's not even dead tho. Stop panicking.
>>
>>67618985
They will... minus the skin of course.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.