[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Batman not killing is why he's so interesting. Despite all
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 10
File: Batman-v-Superman-2-600x275.jpg (31 KB, 600x275) Image search: [Google]
Batman-v-Superman-2-600x275.jpg
31 KB, 600x275
Batman not killing is why he's so interesting. Despite all that happens and will happen he stands by his convictions. He's holding his ground in the face of Armageddon.

Zack Snyder doesn't understand the character. He understands NONE of these characters. He's just a frat boy aimlessly running around with 200 million dollar budgets.
>>
He understands the characters quite well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZeqQlmOPgs
>>
>>67617183
>gets mad at Superman because he thinks he's a murderous alien with too much power
>Batman is a billionaire psychopath with a higher kill count than Superman
A lot of the shit in this movie made no sense.
>>
>>67617183
But the whole point was that he'd been Batman for 20 years and so much shit had happened he seemed to not care as much. I mean, he never maliciously kills anyone, but he certainly doesn't seem to show respect for the lives of criminals.

The problem is you really need a whole film to tell that story, it didn't work when combined with a conflict with Superman AND a Justice League prologue. Trying to fast-track this shit caused a mess.
>>
>>67617183
He understands the character better than you, numb nuts. Tell me this, kid, why did you think they 'shoe horned' Robin's suit gratified on by the Joker?
Bruce Wayne played by your rules and more, people died. It's not fucking compelling that Batman didn't kill bad guys, it's fucking irresponsible. The Joker escapes and kills again and again and again, and one day, he killed Robin. And Batman, after capturing him and turning him over, breaks.
It's more compelling to kill cock suckers who are worthless pieces of shit that deserves to die, especially since killing the bad guys saves lives.
>>
>>67617413
He outright maliciously kills people during the batmobile sequence.
>>
>>67617301

kek they defend the fucking obnoxious product placement

is that video irony
>>
>>67617339
Made perfect sense, see above. How many bad guys escaped from their bonds only to kill again. Batman's been at it for more than 20 years at this point, whereas Kal's battle killed 30 thousand innocence. To no fault of his, to be sure but You're a bit dumb comparing Bat's killing a few dozen shit bags, to tens of thousands of innocence dying.
>>
>>67617183
Batman not killing is why they can keep the Joker running around.

It literally makes Batman stupid.
>>
File: burn baby burn.webm (3 MB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
burn baby burn.webm
3 MB, 720x480
>Batman not killing is why he's so interesting.

Capecuck logic

Batman the action hero is a million times more entertaining to watch than Batman the limp-wristed cuck afraid to hurt anyone
>>
>>67617446
>people

That's a funny way to spell scumbag.
>>
>>67617447
Hating product placement is autistic when it doesn't break the setting. Sorry, memester.
>>
comic book fans are the cancer killing comic book movies
>>
>>67617441

2edgy4me
>>
>>67617183
I've actually been waiting a long time for a barman without the childish no killing rule
>>
>>67617339
I just saw that an interesting bit of ambiguity, Batman's becoming blinded by all anger and isn't totally a good guy.

His paranoia about Superman makes sense, being able to wipe out the planet is on a different level to a murder.
>>
>>67617525
Thats savage as fuck
>>
>>67617301
>Why You're Wrong

This is always a good method to convince people of your position.
>>
>>67617579
>saving lives is edgy

2edgy4me
>>
Batman doesn't kill because they need to bring back The Joker and Professor Pain in a few month
>>
File: 004.jpg (6 KB, 300x199) Image search: [Google]
004.jpg
6 KB, 300x199
>NO DONT KILL THE BAD GUYS
>Just let them kill and hurt innocent people instead!
>That's what being a hero is all about!
>>
>>67617447
>hating product placement
The worst thing it did was make the world a bit more real. it isn't like Clark broke into a speech about why Coke Zero is the best tasting soda around
>>
>>67617655
I didn't say they weren't dicks about it, they are right about the points they bring up though
>>
>>67617183
>not killing
>interesting

When the villains actually are killing/capable of killing innocent civilians, not killing them is kinda stupid. Imagine someone about to shoot your family, you have a gun. According to white knight SJWs, you have to respect the criminal and NOT shoot him.

Because for some reason killing bad guys is wrong. Even though those bad guys will kill good guys. Because we live in a world where white knights and fedoras and white men pay for big black dicks to penetrate their wives.
>>
>>67617692

>It's more compelling to kill cock suckers who are worthless pieces of shit that deserves to die

Yeah, the original post was not edgy at all.
>>
File: batman.jpg (46 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
batman.jpg
46 KB, 1600x900
Batman tells you why he is so brutal in this movie"

"We are criminals, Alfred. We have always been criminals."

"Rip up one weed, two take its place"

Zach Snyder is showing a middle age Batman. Now you /tv/ Anons are in your 20s, so you wouldnt understand what it is to be in your 40s. You lose the idealism you had in your 20s. Sach Snyder is showing us a Batman that has lost his ideals he had as a younger man. He feels like nothing he has done has changed anything. He has become more brutal, he has given up his one rule, BECAUSE HE DOESNT CARE ANYMORE.

You are think this is just a superbattle, when actually there are many, many layers going on in each charaacter.
>>
He only does manslaughter

Its not his fault you were in the way of his cars
>>
>>67618055

The problem with showing a middle aged, disillusioned Batman is that this is his fucking first movie in the Justice League continuity. There's no background for it. They basically just started his character in the late stages of development. It would all make a lot more sense if they'd made other Batman movies in this continuity, but DC is trying to hard to rush this shit out they're sacrificing character development time in favor of just getting all the characters on screen as fast as possible. There should have been a Superman movie, then a Batman movie, then a Batman vs Superman movie. Something like that anyway, because what they actually did was poorly thought out and rushed.
>>
File: Batman.jpg (33 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Batman.jpg
33 KB, 1024x768
>>67617301
>>67617183
Batman is interesting?

>"He doesn't kill"

He had killed before. In the comics, even in some of the animations. This doesn't really make him interesting, it just makes him boring and hypocritical. The logic of "you'll be just like them" doesn't make sense, it never made sense, it never will make sense. Killing for the sake of killing is one thing, killing for the sake of protecting innocent lives is different. Always not killing is a one-dimensional look at justice and doesn't make sense even in the context of superheroes/comics.

>"He's relatable! He's human just like us!"

Yeah, a guy with a fuckload of money and resources with cartoonishly ridiculous gadgets. Wow, how relatable. An average guy can sure relate to that.

On top of all that, he constantly does superhuman feats and survives things he shouldn't survive, making the whole "relatable" thing bullshit. He's about as relatable as any goofy superhero, except those other heroes aren't as pretentious when it comes to character. Relatable my ass.

I own a lot of Batman comics and have watched pretty much every movie. He has potential to be a really great character, but the writing is almost always really poor. It comes off as trying too hard to even being hypocritical. Batman is a shit character.

>"B-but Superman is worse!"

That doesn't change the fact that Batman is a shit character.
>>
My best bet is that he finally killed Joker after he killed Robin and the Manor burned.
>>
>>67617935
>"It's more compelling to kill cock suckers who are worthless pieces of shit that deserves to die"

There's nothing edgy about wanting to kill bad people. If he was talking about killing innocent people, then yeah it's edgy. You're really grasping at straws here, edgelord.

And funny how you left out the last part:
>especially since killing the bad guys saves lives.

Because you know it's true.
>>
>>67617844
God fucking damn /tv/ you really have a one track mind.
>>
>>67617339

That's the fucking point, actually.

>>67618256

His movies are going to be prequels. It's a master-move, actually. That way they can make prequel movies where there are no Superman and other metas bystepping the complaints of "Why doesn't Superman stop Joker of killing Robin?"
>>
File: 8GB_RAM.gif (2 MB, 234x216) Image search: [Google]
8GB_RAM.gif
2 MB, 234x216
>>67617525
batmobile farts a fireball and sets the renaissance man on fire LOL
>>
File: 1457923365994.jpg (344 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1457923365994.jpg
344 KB, 1920x1200
>>67617183
Batman won't kill humans I think , but he doesn't have a problem killing Aliens and especially Aliens that could destroy the world easily

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1r6JeWjyJhQ
>>
>>67617441
Yes. Exactly. And i love how we as the audience get a quick glimpse of robin's suit and that's it. Not a word is spoken about it by any of the characters. It spoke for itself. It was a monument of bruce's ultimate failure. A reminder of the radical change that has occurred in this incarnation of batman.
>>
>>67617589
dude goes into space, crashes at great speed into a building and suffers no ill effects. is thrown through buildings and suffer no ill effect.

GETS HIT WITH A FRIGGEN THERMONUCLEAR BOMB, AND A BIT OF SUN LIGHT LATER, he's totally okay.

That's friggen scary.
>>
>>67618717
I like how Batman kills a guy and also tricks a guy into killing himself in this movie.
>>
>>67618941
He played by the rules and failed Gotham and Robin. I think the Joker probably stays as far away from Batman as he possibly could. The Joke was that Batman wouldn't kill him, But i think he broke the camel's back and knows it.
>>
Can someone post the webm?
>>
>>67617183
>people can't and don't change
This is how to make characters extemely boring i hav e a dark knight book where he killed lots of people iirc.
>>
>>67617446
As he should, fuck these weeds. Those days are over, we have grown up, batman has become a fascist.
>>
>>67618055
He's grown up. I am 39 and spent most of my life an idealist libertarian. Now I am a will to power fascist.

Reality kills idealist childish notions.

PTSD no fucks kill everyone even superman Batfleck is the greatest and most interesting fucking batman ever.

The only thing I can blame Snyder for is not forcing studies to include the dream sequence of robin being killed and his mansion burning down.
>>
I just watched this movie and i really don't get the reception, i mean outside of the memesters.
I guess that people just have one view of what a cape movie is supposed to be and anything else is bad?
Like after Watchmen, MoS and this is quite obvious that Zack Snyder is not trying to tell a cape movie like we are used to thanks to Marvel.
I asume Suicide Squad is going to be a hit, considering how much it feels like the kind of cape movie audiences and critics were trained to like...
Personally i think Snyder needs to treat the audience like brain dead morons, it works for Marvel.
>>
>>67618941
>that was robins suit
Fuck, now that shit makes sense
I was thinking wtf is this graffiti shit
>>
>>67621110
It would have made sense if the suits hadn't made Snyder cut the scene explaining that
>>
>>67617746
this. I don't get why autists explode over product placement when it's in the backdrop and out of the way, it's not like a character stops and says "I'LL MAKE THIS CALL ON MY NEW SAMSUNG GALAXY SUPER TURBO S6S"
>>
When exactly didn't Batman kill anyone?
>>
>>67617183
People fixate on these no-kill or no-gun things because having a 'code of honor' is a very safe alternative to having an actual sense of ethics.
>>
>>67621262
did
>>
>>67617339
There's a difference between not giving a shit when you blow up a car with bad guys in it and tearing apart a city, taking thousands of INNOCENT lives.
>>
>>67621262
In the worst movies of the franchise.
>>
>>67621320
That's weird. I didn't see him kill anyone in Batman & Robin
>>
>>67621311
did?
In the first of Burton and in all of Nolan's.
>>
This is old batman who gets the job done. I gurantee in the affleck solo movie he will have a no kill rule since it'll either be him years prior to the death of Jason Todd or a little after when he teeters on whether or not he gives a fuck anymore.
>>
>people forget Batman killed a dude with TNT in Batman Returns

Get ahold of yourselves you fucking morons. Batman doesn't MURDER. Thugs getting killed fighting Batman doesn't count for shit.
>>
>>67618169
Fans don't actually care whether Batman kills or not. They care that Batman will choose to kill instead of just making excuses for why the last murder didn't count. The idea of responsibility is terrifying.
>>
>>67618256
If you want character development, you have 8 fucking Batman movies you can watch. 6 for Superman. No one wants to watch another goddamn origin story
>>
>>67621436
What about when he killed all those thugs in Axis Chemical?
Or when he killed Ra's, or Ra's ninjas or Two-Face or Talia?
>>
>>67621515
What do you think Marvel's Studios: Disney Presents: A Sony co-production: Spider-man is going to be?
I bet they are going to tell that in flashback.
kek
>>
File: fejfioljef.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
fejfioljef.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
Yay, more capeshit threads
>>
File: 1173711-rorschach.jpg (1 MB, 1576x2100) Image search: [Google]
1173711-rorschach.jpg
1 MB, 1576x2100
>>67617183
>Batman not killing is why he's so interesting.

No, it's because he's a traumatized nut who dresses like a giant bat and has loads of cash to build weird-ass weapons.
>>
>>67618941
If only we'd gotten a quick glimpse of the whole movie and that's it.
>>
The only reason all these heroes avoid killing was so the comic writers could keep bringing the villains back for more comics.
>>
One of Batman's biggest points is that he's just as crazy as anybody else in Arkham, but he channels it in a different way. He believes himself to be better than them simply because of his no killing rule even if it ends up putting other people in danger. It is the only thing that makes him different from the villains he faces. Without his no killing rule he's just another crazy guy in a costume murdering people.

Its like how Pa Kent got killed in Man of Steel. The entire reason he is supposed to die is to show that no matter how strong Superman may be, he can't save everyone, even the people that matter most to him. Instead he dies in a totally avoidable way for no reason since Superman becomes Superman immediately afterwards. Just with the added issues of watching his father die in a retarded way.
>>
File: 1445026342995.jpg (253 KB, 1200x1803) Image search: [Google]
1445026342995.jpg
253 KB, 1200x1803
>>67622033
>Instead he dies in a totally avoidable way for no reason since Superman becomes Superman immediately afterwards.

So, you were taking a big, long shit when the movie showed a forlorn Kal-el aimlessly drifting from locale to locale, keeping a low profile, as his father wished?
>>
>>67617552
It took me out of the movie, so it absolutely is horrid product placement
>>
>>67618668
there is something so satisfying about it, i can't stop watching

its like a catchy song or the DKR plane scene. something about it gets me at a subconscious level. why would batman light the devil on fire? why is there a devil man to begin with? How would he see that happen out the back of the batmobile? does it have rear view mirrors? wasn't batman supposed to light up the two goons in the building?
>>
>>67618941
they cut out Bruce running to robin in the mansion while it is burning
>>
>>67617183
And yet all the movies have Batman killing. Even the most successful and better reviewed ones.

Who would have guessed that comic trivia doesn't matter to people that make or watch movies?

Plus its just a way to reuse villains in cartoon books for kids.
>>
>>67617183
>Not muh Batman. Not muh Batman.
Get fucked faggot.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.