[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Carpenter wraps up the Halloween series in a satisfying way.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: halloween_3.jpg (60 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
halloween_3.jpg
60 KB, 1024x576
>Carpenter wraps up the Halloween series in a satisfying way.
>Tries to pursue his dream of making a horror anthology series
>Season of the Witch flops because the average horror fan is a brain-dead retard who thinks a man in a William Shatner mask is "thrilling".
>Slasher movies dominate for the next 20 years.

Why do horror fans always want more of the same? Do you need to see a 6 foot tall man killing teenagers(and dying to a virgin woman) literally dozens upon dozens of times?
>>
>>67614069
That movie terrified me as a kid. As an adult, it's hard to follow.
>>
File: forever a jason.png (226 KB, 520x347) Image search: [Google]
forever a jason.png
226 KB, 520x347
Subhuman horror fans just want to see their power fantasy characters (Jason, Freddy, Michael, etc) do what they can't.
>>
indeed, season of the witch was a solid 8/10
amazing how retards can tank a films reputation so much
>>
>>67614069
Turning the Halloween series into an anthology wasn't Carpenter's "dream." It was just an idea he had to keep a franchise going since there was so much pressure to do so. He didn't even want to make part 2 and wrote the whole thing drunk.
>>
>>67614069

Season of the Witch was awful but I would have liked to see more original Halloweens.
>>
>>67614100

I think the Silver Shamrock mask idea works so well, because it preys on fear of transformation(which I see as manifestation of old age/death). It's a primal fear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K518NKsZzs
>>
File: jwKBC.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
jwKBC.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>67614209

The movie may have had some questionable decisions, but I think it still worked very well.
>>
>>67614069
How did Michael Meyers buy a television station ?? Did he inherit it from his parents?
>>
>>67614508

He inherited it from Irish Warlocks, and used the money to build robots to kill Laurie Strode.
>>
>>67614402

I still enjoyed it but it was a B movie and not intentionally. This scene was definitely creepy >>67614244
>>
File: ghoul.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
ghoul.png
1 MB, 1366x768
STOP ITTTTTTTTTT
>>
>>67614768

Why should anyone stop it? He's just some cook shouting into a phone.
>>
What happens once the company kills all the children?
>>
>>67614895
The kids are sacrifices to the old gods, so something something all hail the dark ones.
>>
>>67614895

the children AND the people in the rooms with the children, which the snakes/bugs bite to death.

So it's millions of deaths, plus millions of potentially more deaths.
>>
>a Halloween mask company
>it advertises on all three networks on prime time
>on Halloween night
>>
>>67615576
It was the special giveaway after the movie.
>>
>>67615576

The kids would be done trick or treating by 9, and would be eating their candy and watching TV
>>
>>67614206
Damn, I can hella tell now looking back
>>
Is Carpenter the most underrated director of all time?
>>
>>67617403
He has just as many hits as misses senpai.
>>
>>67614069
Think about the psychological purpose the horror genre serves. It's like a rehearsal for the inevitable. The sequels provide an element of repetition and gradual familiarity to the dreaded whatever.
>>
I really liked Season of the Witch. If only it didn't have the title of Halloween 3 it could be considered as all time classic horror movie, which it is.
>>
>>67617845
Agreed. Its a great movie but its not what people wanted of the franchise.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.