[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>What are you reading there, Senator? >Prometehus Bound.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: prometheus bound.jpg (443 KB, 1443x1080) Image search: [Google]
prometheus bound.jpg
443 KB, 1443x1080
>What are you reading there, Senator?
>Prometehus Bound. An ancient play, one of the oldest we have. About a simple man who was horrifically punished by the powers that be for the terrible crime of trying to bring light to the common people. In the words of Aeschylus, "No good deed goes unpunished." I cannot tell you how much consolation I find in these slim pages.

>a literal fucking titan
>a simple man

Please, please tell me the writers of The Wire weren't serious when they wrote this.
>>
>>67611456
i think it's about him being an illiterate nigger and the story went over his head
>>
File: stanislaus-valchek-512x512.jpg (123 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
stanislaus-valchek-512x512.jpg
123 KB, 512x512
>>67611456
>I'll go as far as making an entire unit of policemen dedicated to investigating some irrelevant guy just because he took my stained glass window spot at the church

So uhh, The Wire is such a realistic show!
>>
>>67611456
Considering what a faux-humble piece of shit that character is, he mightve intentionally interpreted/lied about Prometheus being a common man.
>>
it was pretty fucking obvious that he was a manipulative con man and probably didn't even read the book. you can even tell it's brand new
>>
>>67611456
there are so many slimy city politicians like clay davis, that play the role of "humble good ol' boy from the same streets as you"

They blatantly steal and embezzle yet they keep getting re-elected (unfortunately mainly due to their skin color)
>>
If I remember correctly, he didn't even read the book, was just familiar with the synopsis or something like that?

He even mispronounced the name of the play and the author, I think.

>PROMATHUS BOW
>ASILLYUS
>>
imo clay davis was too smart for a black man
>>
>>67612090
That perfectly describes Memphis, TN's recent political history.
>>
>>67611456
wow, really? rewatch the show and figure out the irony in that scene.

>>67611847
i've noticed this meme several times and each time i respond with this: you don't have much real life experience, do you, mate? irrational grudges make the world spin. doubt this? remind yourself why the US went to war against Iraq pt II.

man, are a majority of posters here really idiots or just pretending?
>>
>>67612412
>why the US went to war against Iraq pt II
i don't know about this
>>
>SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEET
>pardnah
>>
>>67612512
>SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEET
>>
>>67612460
Bush's grudge against Saddam. he saw the opportunity and went for it. obviously, a bunch of other factors were included, but the grudge aspect shouldn't be underestimated.

don't even get me started as to how the Miami Dade Police Dept operates. read up on it in the Miami Herald or Sun Sentinel and you'll get a better idea as how petty some higher ups in these departments can be.

>http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2002/sep/19/20020919-090147-4185r/
>>
>>67612894
Holy shit, this is literally people abusing their power because of some petty shit.
>>
>>67612188
wasn't prometheus bound the same story the kids in the school were being taught?
>>
>>67612933
to be fair, it isn't like he's the only one to do it, Putin probably bathes in petty grudges and no doubt Emperor Trump do the same.
>>
>>67612243
You don't hang with too many black men, do you?

There's a lot of smart black people.
>>
>>67613217
To be fair, putin doesn't so much bathe in petty grudges as he bathes in the blood of people he has petty grudges against.
>>
>>67613217
I don't think Trump would be like that.
>>
>>67611847
>having this much faith in humanity.

I guess you don't work in a local municipality?
Lucky you.
>>
>>67613328
mate, Trump has already shown to be exactly like this. remember the Univision/Miss Universe fiasco? he refused to let any Univision employee access to his Doral golf course.

Trump is exactly like Valchek.

>http://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-trump-to-univision-employees-youre-banned/
>>
>>67611713

This.

How can someone be so autistic not to understand this?
>>
>>67611713
/thread
>>
>>67613459
well, i don't think there's a large municipal employee demographic on 4chan, mate. what we're seeing here is kids and young adults with virtually no real life or workforce experience where petty shit like personal grudges really does deserve its own branch of fucking study.
>>
>>67612040
This. The point was that the jury was composed of local, poorly educated, Baltimore natives and Clay knew the perfect line of bullshit to feed them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAQv6KTfQow

That's why he immediately caves when Lester threatens to bring him up on charges in front of a federal grand jury.
>>
>>67611456
How come no one ever manages to expose Clay Davis? They had so much evidence against him, he had nothing. All he did was cry and pretend to be an innocent, humble man and because of that he was let go?

I like The Wire, but the entire Clay Davis story was too forced just to make it look like "evil always wins in real life", etc.
>>
>>67614423
>Clay Davis forced
nah, mate, he's quite like a lot of current Senators and Congressmen in southern states. hell, i'm in FL and our Governor is an admitted fucking crook! not to mention plenty of Miami Dade councilmen and previous mayors.
>>
>>67614423
Because the new DA decided he'd rather use the trial to further his career than work with the feds. He then proceeds to fuck it up which makes it so that the feds won't go after him out of fear of losing the case (as all the evidence of money laundering was now worthless and Davis's public image had been bolstered by the success making him much harder to prosecute in a jury trial).

As for it being "forced", much like everything in the Wire he's based on a real guy, senator Larry Young.
>>
File: tumblr_lesaznnfcc1qa9yvvo1_500.jpg (24 KB, 500x272) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lesaznnfcc1qa9yvvo1_500.jpg
24 KB, 500x272
>>67612412
Thank you. Lots of pretenders but I think more actual idiots.
>>
I marathoned an episode of this shit and it was easily the most boring garbage ever. I coul already tell the overall message is prob sum shit like "blax have it bad :[[[ b/c system!"
>>
>>67614423
Have you heard of Bill Clinton and Barack Obama and George Bush?
>>
>>67614995
>low-effort shitposting

Yawn
>>
>>67615094
>low effort show
>low effort trolling
????
>>
>>67615062
>Barack Obama
Obama is pretty much innocent, no?
>>
>>67615125
Whatever makes you happy friendo
>>
>>67612512
I'm out there doin the lord's work for you iiiiiirrrrv
>>
>>67611456
>promathus bond

went over your head huh?
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.