[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do kids think about Kylo Ren? Do they understand his character?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4
File: kylo-ren.jpg (48 KB, 640x379) Image search: [Google]
kylo-ren.jpg
48 KB, 640x379
What do kids think about Kylo Ren?

Do they understand his character?

I can't imagine 7-year-olds giving a shit about Kylo Ren as much as Darth Vader or even Darth Maul.
>>
>Do they understand his character?
kek how hard would that be

also why care about the kids
>>
When Star Wars first came out Darth Vader was just a dickhead in a black suit. That was his character. The depth was that at one point he was pals with Obi-Wan, but everytime we see him he's just being an dickhead in a black suit.

Darth Maul never had a character. His character was double bladed lightsaber. Not compelling whatsoever, but still children really like him, just like they did Boba Fett, and so on.

The point is, the kids will like any character as long as they look cool. Why do you think such lame characters like Boba Fett, Jango Fett, General Grevious, and Darth Maul have such big followings? It's cause they're really cool looking toys.
>>
Darth Vader - cool as fuck
Darth Maul - pretty fucking cool

Kylo Ren - moody impotent cunt
>>
>>67603279
this is possibly the worst shitty bait I've ever read
>>
My 3 y/o nephew just got back from Disney World and saw Kylo Ren there. Wish he saw Vader instead....
>>
>>67603039
That he reminds them of that one kid in class that's probably going to shoot up their school. So he's an effective enough villain in so far as he's fantastical but grounded in their real world fears.
>>
>>67603461
>American
>>
>>67603363
I'm not even baiting. Darth Vader's didn't become a more fleshed out character til Empire. Before than he was an idea more than he was a character. All the rest are just only loved by manchildren.
>>
>>67603039
He was a good villain until he took off his mask and bitched and moaned while strutting around in a ducking turtle neck

WHY THE FUCK IS HE WEARING A TURTLE NECK?!!!
>>
>>67603497
shit bait mate
>>
>>67603503
>WHY THE FUCK IS HE WEARING A TURTLE NECK?!!!

Wasn't Finn too? Might have just been a black, long-sleeved shirt. Looked way too hot considering their last raid was on a desert planet. Is it cold on their spaceships?
>>
File: 1458750534441~2.jpg (82 KB, 657x797) Image search: [Google]
1458750534441~2.jpg
82 KB, 657x797
>>67603503
>WHY THE FUCK IS HE WEARING A TURTLE NECK?!!!
It's cold outside
>>
>>67603334
>Darth Vader - stereo typical dark knight
>Darth Maul - cool action figure/toy
>Kylo Ren - an actual character

Fixt
>>
>>67603612
I want him to fuck Rey
>>
>>67603363
You're autistic
>>
>>67603612
>>67603588
Why the fuck did he take off his mask. That was such a big thing for Vadar to do, it made him human to the audience which was perfect for the scene.

Instead this putz takes off his mask and gets bitchier and bitchier the longer the movie goes. I mean fuck, at the beginning of the movie he stops the laser bolt in midair with seemingly no effort. He was nailing the villain role perfectly.

Later on he was crying and whining and not able to even beat a slave and a reject storm trooper who had a panic attack on his first mission

Having him take off his mask this early was such a bad idea.
>>
>>67603698
The term is Black Knight you fucking assclown! A stereotypical Black Knight. Stupid fucking Batman millennial.
>>
>>67603079
Because Star Wars is for children.
>>
>>67603612
There's no kind of atmosphere.
>>
>>67603777
t. manchild
>>
Although he'll never be as iconic as Darth Vader, I think Kylo Ren has more depth from 1 film than Anakin/Vader had developed in 3 prequel films.
>>
>>67603755
It was the best thing they could have done.

Same with the Snoke is a hologram reveal, and the Kylo is Han's son reveal.

If you want a big twist/reveal, just watch The Empire Strikes Back or Return of the Jedi again.
>>
>>67603777
You gotta be a dumbshit millenial if you think the term dark knight wasn't around before Nolan's garbage trilogy.
>>
>>67603698
Darth Maul is literally a batman (go get a dictionary).
>>
>>67604055
>batman
no he isn't
>batman - an officer's personal servant

apprentice/servant - not the same thing

unless he washes Sheev's cape and gives his back a wash in the shower....
>>
>>67603777
Starwars is space dungeons and dragons you dumb fuck. I said Dark Knigh explicitly because of the reference to dnd classes, such as death knights and anti paladins, which is what sith basically are.

Take your capeshit wars and cram it up your ass you fucking retard.
>>
>>67603809
>Star Wars is for children

This was George's backpedal when people didn't like Phantom Menace. Fuck off. If it was really solely for kids, why is TPM about trade negotiations and why do kids get murdered in droves in RotS
>>
>>67603777
>>67604055
Interesting that two separate dumbfucks bring up batman out of nowhere. Capeshit was a mistake.
>>
>>67604227
>unless he washes Sheev's cape and gives his back a wash in the shower....

You know he did.
>>
>>67603907
explain this depth please
is it anything more than "a moody boy who hates his father" trope?
>>
>>67603039
his voice was shit he was shit .
>>
>>67604303
Because they appeal to kids with DUDE SPACE AND DEADLY GLOWING LIGHTS LMAO.
>>
>>67603039
My coworker dated a dude with two autistic sons, 18 and 15, and they were high and very-low functioning, respectively. The younger one is obsessed with Kylo and has become more of a problem child since seeing the movie. To make a long story short this kid is constantly talking about Patricide, referring to himself as Kylo (eg "I killed Han!"), wears black robes nonstop, and trashes his room at least once a day. I legitimately worry for that father.
>>
>>67604657
liar
>>
>>67604657
I so want this to be true.
>>
>>67603892
I'm all alone, more or less.
>>
File: blackknight.jpg (202 KB, 800x1120) Image search: [Google]
blackknight.jpg
202 KB, 800x1120
>>67603997
>>67604300
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_knight
>The black knight is a literary stock character, often contrasted with the knight-errant; also see white knight. The character famously appeared in Arthurian literature and has been adapted and adopted by various authors, in cinema and popular culture. The character is sometimes associated with death.

Sorry that capeshit has rotted your memory. Or are you a shitskin from a mudhole?
>>
>>67603755
>I mean fuck, at the beginning of the movie he stops the laser bolt in midair with seemingly no effort. He was nailing the villain role perfectly.

This.

They should have saved it for Episode VIII. At first he's this badass, cold-blooded killer who speaks in a calm authoritative tone, then he ends up becoming this bitchy, whiny villain. I still enjoyed him as a character to an extent, but much less so after he took off the mask.
>>
>>67604812
I ALREADY STATED MY OWN POINT OF REFERENCE YOU FUCKING IDIOT FUCK OFF WITH YOUR CAPESHIT WARS YOU RETARDED FUCKING NIGGER.
>>
>>67604812
Nah

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_character_jobs#Dark_Knight

>a warrior who uses dark magic to damage enemies

GEE SOUNDS LIKE DARTH FUCKING VADER TO ME!!!
>>
>>67604743
>>67604754
I'm not going to prove it to you all, but this is real.
>>
Like actual children?
https://archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/Kylo/tripcode/!rAl8Mz2mp2/
>>
>>67604611
But that doesn't mean the audience is solely kids. Movies that are just for kids don't make more than 2 billion at the box office
>>
>>67603755

>That was such a big thing for Vadar to do

Sure but a huge point of TFA is that he isn't Vader but is rather just desperately trying to cling to that image and constantly fails to live up to Vader's example.

He has a very strange arc where he is established as being like Vader and potentially even stronger. Like the movie starts out by placing him in the same postion Vader was in when Han shot at him in Empire, his solution is to freeze the blaster shot coming at him. That's impressive even when compared to some of Vader's feats in the original trilogy.

But as the movie progresses we see him being put in more and more situations similar to those we've seen Vader in but he fails most of them. He throws tantrums, can't mind trick some random girl, his light saber looks like it's about to explode, he just wears the mask to look cool and so on. Nothing about him other tha the fact that he's able to use the force is even remotely like Vader. He is revealed to be little more than an angry child.

It's a very odd arc for a villain. Most of the time we see them getting hyped mor and more as the movie goes on and then we have a big climax. But here, by the end of the movie we should be quite confident that Kylo Ren is actually something of a bitch.
>>
>>67603698
>Actual character
>This is what Disney shills actually believe
He's literally REEEEEEEEE NORMIES GET OUT. He's a meme character
>>
>>67603755
Make him take off mask for solo. That's the only way to make him seem like he wears a mask. To hide feelings.
>>
>>67605981

Can you make an argument without using buzzwords?
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.