[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this our generations phantom menace?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: Murderman.jpg (221 KB, 972x723) Image search: [Google]
Murderman.jpg
221 KB, 972x723
Is this our generations phantom menace?
>>
HAHAHA no. This is bad, but very few things are Phantom Menace bad.

The black plague being one of them.
>>
It isn't my generation, you millennial slime.
>>
No the Force Awakened is

Remember people thought Phantom Menace was good when it came out because muh star wars muh nostalgia
>>
>>67597540

Without question. We already have the apologists too.
>>
no, it didn't butcher the canon like PM did
it wasn't 2 people on couches talking about trade
it wasn't the laziest and most uninteresting fight choreography ever
>>
>>67597540
No, it's this generation's The Seventh Seal.

I mean, think about it...
>>
>>67597540
I thought our generation's horrible prequel trilogy involved hobbits...
>>
>>67597648
the darth maul fight scene is based af, nly second to anakin v obi wan.
>>
yes never before in my lifetime has there been such a disparity between expectations and reality.
>>
File: phantom menace.jpg (161 KB, 885x638) Image search: [Google]
phantom menace.jpg
161 KB, 885x638
Phantom menace was praised at the time of release and it enjoyed several successful back to back weekends. Many fans saw it multiple times and it's weekly box office declined fairly slowly over the next two months.

It was almost a year later that it became fashionable to hate the film.
>>
>>67597540
No this is another generic shlock action capeshit movie that everyone is going to forget about in a few months when the next generic shlock action capeshit movie comes out.
>>
>>67597540

Blade Runner you mean
>>
>>67597540
no its our citizen kane
>>
No. No matter how bad it is, it doesn't ruin something else that's actually good.

Phantom Menace was bad, but the problem was that it ruined the Original trilogy. It took the mysticism out of the force and showed Darth Vader was a stupid kid who built C3PO.
>>
>>67597610

No they didn't you idiot child.
>>
>>67597724
darth maul fight
>oh, look, there's 2 boring Jedi fighting some red dude about something that I don't care about. But the red dude has a lightsaber that goes from both sides! How exciting!
>>
yea

remember all those fucking retarded ass fanboys who saw the movie like 10 times and swore it was great

they pulled the same shit too "it'll get even better when future films come out and it makes more sense"
>>
>>67597610
the "TFA is Bad" meme is the worst one of /tv/
>>
>>67598025
>meme

IV, V and III are the only good Star Wars movies, that's an objective fact
>>
>>67597574
Fuck off, grand pa. You're irrelevant now.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.