[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Madman memes aside, what are your thoughts on this Joker?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 9
File: The_Joker.gif (1 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
The_Joker.gif
1 MB, 960x540
Madman memes aside, what are your thoughts on this Joker?
>>
>>67594051
Remind me, some family member of his will be greatly outraged. Who is it?
>>
>>67594051
he's good, except for the retarded tattoos. plus, jared leto is a very good actor.
>>
Leto will do a good job.

At least this Joker is different. And actually seems scary.

> inb4 edgy teenagers say Heath Ledger was terrifying
>>
>>67594051

Why the tattoos

Why
>>
>>67594051
Don't know.
I mean, were I not five years old at the time I would have put a question mark at hiring Jack Nicholson as the joker.
I sure as hell put a question mark to Heat Legend, as all of us did, yet he pulled trough.
I think we shouldn't be FREAKing out until we see it, or at least get a sense of the general consensus.
>>
>>67595624
The joker isn't supposed to be scary.

That is scarecrows job.
>>
>>67594126

Moe's gonna freak
>>
He's going to deliver the most damaged performance since Heat Legend
>>
>>67594051
All i'll say is that riding in on a scooter chugging Monster in real life is spergy, while riding in on a scooter chucking molotovs in a movie is to be expected and likely much better.
Also fuck this Harley. Probably.
>>
>>67595668
HE'S MESSED UP, DUDE!
YOU DON'T WANT TO MESS WITH HIM.
>>
>>67594051
He won't be amazing but he'll probably be serviceable in an otherwise good film
And the normies will all assume he's what made it good
>>
File: madman strikes again.png (25 KB, 1060x468) Image search: [Google]
madman strikes again.png
25 KB, 1060x468
>>67595799
did someone say chugging on energy drinks?
>>
>>67595763
All of Batman's rouges gallery are meant to be scary. At least in certain continuities. Penguin, Joker, Scarecrow, Killer Croc, Mad Hatter, Man-Bat, Dollmaker, even Two Face. I know it's cool to hate Scott Snyder on 4chan, got burnt out of capeshit comics myself, but his Joker run a few years ago was like a horror movie. Most people suck its dick.
>>
>>67594051
So far nothing because I didn't see him on the screen. I remember a time when people shit on TDK's joker until people saw the movie and suddenly it was Oscar level performance. I will give it a chance but the reality is that Ledger performance will be a shadow every second the Joker is on screen.
>>
File: tumblr_o0py6hwRq41tiomd9o1_500.jpg (30 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0py6hwRq41tiomd9o1_500.jpg
30 KB, 450x450
>>67595878
tfw he'll die from heart failure from chugging Monster
>>
>>67594051
I don't like his costume or makeup at all. Looks like someone cosplaying.
>>
>David Ayer depicts a brutalized and beaten gangster version of the Joker meant to coincide with the longrunning existance of the Batman in this universe by portraying an evolving unrepentant psychopath and criminal
>Zack Snyder comes through and ruins all of that by having murderer Batman

I fucking hate Zack Snyder. Ruining his own movie is not enough, he has to fuck up the entire cinematic universe. Smarter people than him were sitting in meeting rooms thinking of ingenious things like "Yeah! What if the Joker's iconic smile is a metal grill since Batman has knocked all his teeth out over the years!" then Zack Snyder comes through and singlehandely ruins all of it and renews the age old shitposting question of "Why doesn't Batman just kill the Joker?" - a question to which as of now there is absolutely no fucking answer.

FUCK YOU ZACK SNYDER
FUCK YOU ZACK SNYDER
FUCK YOU ZACK SNYDER
FUCK YOU ZACK SNYDER
FUCK YUU ZACK SNYDER
PHUCK YOU ZACK SNYDER
FUCC YOU ZACK SNYDER
FUCK YOU ZACK ZNYDER
>>
>>67596022
I feel that in /tv/ and other circles everyone says that yet because of people say that people consciously avoid the comparison. People prejudge him to be edgy and I imagine there are still comparisons to Mark Hamill every once in a while, but for the most part Ledger seems out of the debate.
>>
>>67596190
>a question to which as of now there is absolutely no fucking answer.

Hey! Here's an idea,
>why don't you wait until the film comes out?
Unless you genuinely think Ayer and friends wrote the film without having access to the script and production of BvS? Cause that sounds really likely for a franchise of this size
>>
>>67596190
What is the jokers goal in these new movies? In TDK he wanted to destroy the image of batman by manipulating him to commit murder but obviously Snyder fucked that up.

I guarantee its going to be nothing more than the joker doing random shit for no reason and people will eat it up
>>
If Batman vs. Superman and Suicide Squad exist in the same universe, and Batman has no problem with killing people, there will be literally NO REASON for the Joker not to be dead except if he's related to Batman, so of course the big reveal will be that the Joker is Jason Todd or another one of the Robins.
>>
>>67594051
I think he'll be good.

Jack was GOAT tier silly Joker and Ledger was GOAT tier serious joker.

Leto is going to be good, but will achieve neither of their extremes or their qualities.
>>
>>67594051
That man's mother will not be impressed by those shenanigans
>>
Probably worse than Ledger and better than Nicholson but the look and "lol leto is so crazy" marketing is shit and I have no intentions to ever actually see the movie.
>>
>>67596190
/tv/ and /co/ should be renamed to "Fuck you Zack Snyder"
>>
>>67596348
Like society is sucha like a joke bro so the joker like makes fun of that and stuff

except now hes actually involved in real crime stuff like drugs, whores, and money to fuel his more wacky ideas instead of always pulling a blimp with his face on it out of his ass. this is a joker the gotham underworld fears and respects bro
>>
>BvS sets up Batfleck and Alfred
>SS sets up Joker

Is DC taking the opposite approach of Marvel and making a bunch of ensemble cast movies just to set up for the single hero movies that feel like the culmination?
>>
>>67594051
Stupid.
>>
>>67596244
Zack Snyder didnt even have access to the script for BvS
>>
>>67596541
Yes and no. If you only care about Batman then yeah that's what these movies are doing for you. Considering everything in cape film history that isn't Batman has been forgettable or shit I wouldn't blame people just holding out for muh batman.
>>
>>67595668

This. It is the only part of the design that bothers me. They are reduntant as fuck and a bad idea. I think Leto will do a good job though, I like him as an actor.
>>
>>67596244
We literally see Batman chasing down Joker in the trailer and we saw those scenes being filmed in Toronto.

But you're right, maybe Ayer does show how come Batman avoids killing Joker. Maybe the Gotham City Police stop the murderer before he can strike again
>>
>>67596541
Clearly

I don't blame them though
After TDK, people wanted more Batman vs Joker
It was such an iconic rivalry that setting it up and 'concluding' it in one film felt rushed

This way, they can establish both characters as this force of nature. We've seen Batman take on an almost-God
Now let's see what Joker can do
Why hasn't he died yet? Is there even a reason? (I'd guess yes)

It's a way of building hype for the solo batman film without feeling like cheap
>>
>>67596541
At least this way we know which hero movies are going to be shit in advance and going by BvS every movie apart from the new Batman is going to be crap.
>>
>>67596666
Exactly, batman's literally in the film
So, again, there's probably some reason why he hasn't killed the joker
And since he's chasing him, it's probably because he's been unable to so far

(And after seeing him in BvS, seeing him unable to kill the joker will cement the joker as an actual threat instead of some random psycho)
>>
>>67594051
Leto sucks ass. His voice and laugh is horrible. Will smith being a good guy turned bad because of his family or whatever will be worse though
>>
>>67594051
CRINGE, plain and simple. I can't wait for Venomfangx to do an impersonation of him.
>>
>>67596737
What/? that wouldnt cement Joker as a threat since he gets handwaived by Batman, that would cement Batman as a hypocritical faggot
>>
>>67596787
Reading
Learn how to do it

I didn't say Batman left him alive, I said Batman might physically be unable to kill him
As in Joker keeps escaping BTFO'ing Batman everytime he tries
This seems more likely since we know he's killed at least batgirl

The other theory is that Batman did kill the joker and this joker is jason todd which would also explain why batman hasn't killed him

Christ, you people are literally clinging onto anything to use an excuse to hate this film
>>
>>67596971
But Joker is in prison in suicide squa
so of course batman caught him

and your 2nd theory holds no weight in the hypocritical faggot Batman depratment
>>
Heath Ledger versus Jared Leto
>>
>>67596971
>This seems more likely since we know he's killed at least batgirl
We know he "killed" Batgirl by pure coincidence unless they're butchering The Killing Joke, which I doubt they are since the DCCU is dark as fuck (warner bros is even releasing an r rated animated version with the BTAS guys)
>>
>>67597016
>But Joker is in prison in suicide squa
what makes you think that?

>and your 2nd theory holds no weight in the hypocritical faggot Batman depratment
an old man struggles to kill his old protege who's actions are a direct result of the life he draggedhim into
what's unbelievable about that?
>>
>>67597031
>I ain't gonna kill ya. I'm just gonna make you cringe, really, really BBBad!
vs
>I don't want to kill you! What would I be without you? You COMPLETE me!
>>
>>67597076
Literally all the released marketing material
And it doesnt matter what emotional struggle Batman goes through if he has no emotional struggle against random mooks, not only hypocritical but also selfish - those are two words I love to describe heroes with
>>
i think hes good actor
joker design looks shit
that all i can say at the moment
what more to be said here?
>>
>>67597139
Well judging from the previous DC hi-jinks, I think we can be cautiously pessimistic about it.
>>
>>67596687
Batman solo movie will be about Batman growing more and more unstable as he wrestles with the fact that crime is still out of control in Gotham and he can't even bring himself to kill the Joker, who is his second Robin gone bad.

Batman tracked down the original Joker, after he thought the original Joker killed Robin, and beat the unholy shit out of him, but turned him over to the police with the very first bat branding. Robin, who was still alive, furious that Batman wouldn't even kill the Joker after the Joker seemingly killed Batman's Robin, became a bad guy.

Basically, we're going to get something like Under the Red Hood.
>>
>>67594051
Jason todd/10
>>
I N S I D E

O U T

S O C K S
>>
>>67597209
Some men just want to watch the world burn.
>>
>>67597132
Show one bit of material that implies that the joker's in jail
Cause everything that i've seen is him outside jail doing whatever the fuck he wants
>>
>>67597209
now what will mommy say about that
>>
>>67597199
That sounds plausible and would be quite cool since a lot of people have already guessed that it's Jason Todd
So it'd be cool if the twist was that the original Joker was still alive
>>
>>67595668
Considering how old Batman is supposed to be in this continuity I like the theory that this Joker is Tim Drake. The tattoos were done BY the Joker as some kind of dumb Joker torture in an effort to turn Tim into a new Joker.
>>
>>67597296
>>
>>67597398
>recycling Red Hood plot with Tim Drake
The worst.
>>
>>67597424
he look like a skellington
>>
>>67594051
DAMAGED
>>
>>67597424
That is a flashback you dumb fucker. It's pre-clown Harley. God damn you're dumber than a teenage slut.
>>
>>67596375

Is there any reference to the Joker in BvS? Has Batman already killed the 'original' joker or something?
>>
>>67597199
>Batman tracked down the original Joker, after he thought the original Joker killed Robin, and beat the unholy shit out of him, but turned him over to the police with the very first bat branding. Robin, who was still alive, furious that Batman wouldn't even kill the Joker after the Joker seemingly killed Batman's Robin, became a bad guy.
>Basically, we're going to get something like Under the Red Hood.

Actually, something similar was the storyline for Batman Beyond movie. Batman got original Joker but Robin was brainwashed into being Joker 2.0
>>
File: Eddie.jpg (23 KB, 392x545) Image search: [Google]
Eddie.jpg
23 KB, 392x545
When will we get a good Riddler? The Arkham games made me appreciate him in a whole new way.
>>
>>67597481
Mash up that Batman Beyond movie and Under the Red Hood.
>>
>>67594126
His dad, I think.

>>67595624
This. He's playing a different Joker, and I think that's petty decent. And if it sucks, at least he still should be fun to watch.
>>
>>67597424
>a single out-of-context frame compared to trailers clearly means that joker's in jail

He was probably in there for a bit before batman started killing people
If anything, he's probably the reason batman kills people now - to make sure he doesn't make the same mistake again
>>
>>67597490
You can't have a good Riddler if there isn't a writer in Hollywood capable of writing him. That's the problem with "smart" characters, they can only be as smart as the dildos behind the typewriter, and the bar isn't very high for capeshit.
>>
>>67597076
>>67597296
>>67597460

They're doing the Hannibal in Silence of the Lambs thing. He's in jail with everyone else in the beginning, there's tons of build up to how crazy and dangerous he is, he's passed over for the Suicide Squad because he's too nutty, etc. etc. and then he gets out at some point and wreaks havoc.

>>67597463

One of Bruce's deleted scene nightmares was about the Joker killing Robin
>>
>>67597398
Why is lex so young and batman so old?
>>
>>67595624
Really? Because listening to the trailer he sounds exactly like Heath Ledger's joker. He looks different sure but personality-wise I fear that it's just a poor attempt to copy Ledger's version.
>>
>>67597633
Because "Lex" is Alexander, Big Bald Man's son.
>>
>>67594051
Meth clown
>>
File: 1441309744912.jpg (9 KB, 205x286) Image search: [Google]
1441309744912.jpg
9 KB, 205x286
>>67597576
>One of Bruce's deleted scene nightmares was about the Joker killing Robin
What a dumb fucking scene to cut. Holy shit they couldn't afford a couple extra minutes? What were they thinking?
>>
>>67597490
My favorite Riddler is the one that's only a dick that loves being smarter than people.

I think I remember a quote where the Riddler is frustrated that everyone is grimdark and everyone is killing people these days, but the Riddler sees his relationship with Batman as a friendly rivalry or performance that Gotham gets to enjoy. And being a villain isn't fun anymore because everyone is too fucking dour and serious.
>>
>>67597573
Well isn't that just fantastic. But hey, as long as we don't get another Jim Carrey.
>>
>>67597576
>One of Bruce's deleted scene nightmares was about the Joker killing Robin
Source on that?
>>
>>67597676
Your feeble mind cannot comprehend the Zack.
>>67597704
I can get behind that.
>>
>>67597490
Watch Gotham. Half of Season 1 is a slog but it finds its stride. The Riddler in it becomes really lovable.
>>
File: 1378134571905.jpg (48 KB, 469x463) Image search: [Google]
1378134571905.jpg
48 KB, 469x463
>>67597573
>there are no hollywood directors who are on the level of my capeshit character

seriously kill yourself though
>>
>>67597769
>Watch Gotham
I keep forgetting that capeshit has made its way into TV too. Daredevil's great, I really should start paying more attention to this.
>>
>>67597676
It would have upped the films rating to R
it will be on the extended R rated cut Blu-Ray
>>
>>67597797
You're literally a drooling mouthbreathing retard if that's what you got out of the post.
>>
>>67597797
>my capeshit character
Not him but I'm pretty sure he didn't invent the Riddler nor does he own the rights to the character.
>>
>>67597460
>ask for proof Joker is in jail, and caught by Batman
>post proof
>>
>>67594051
Is he wearing the arkham origins joker costume?
>>
>>67597490
I have to agree, especially the interviews in the very first game were amazing. The riddle about 4,2 and 3 legs was a masterpiece of voice acting.

"How can you say that?!"
"Easy! It's not MY baby..."
>>
>>67597927
You motherfucker, now I have to go play it again. First two Arkham games were as perfect as they could get.
>>
>>67594051
To bad it's not the real Joker, If this in the same universe as Batman V superman there is no way Batman didn't kill the Joker that Killed Robin.
>>
>>67597943
Sorry. Let me give you another one...

"Harley tried to slow me down, dropped an elevator on me."

"Did it work?"

"Ha. Of course not."
>>
>>67598037
And then there is always this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ol6gLVWt8n4
>>
>>67598037
And away I go.
>>
>>67597463
Both Joker references were in the trailers (mention of Gotham's history with guys dressed like clowns + Robin outfit painted with shit written by the Joker).
>>
>what are your thoughts on this joker who we have seen 2 seconds of

go read a book that doesnt have pictures faggots
>>
File: 1350456722648.jpg (259 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1350456722648.jpg
259 KB, 1920x1080
>>67598088
Have a great time, says Hi to Ivy for me. She's hot.[/Spoiler]
>>
>>67596971

I think it will go like:

Batman spends years tracking down the original Joker after he thought the original Joker killed Jason Todd. Batman murders the Joker and becomes a killer. Jason Todd, who was tortured and reprogrammed by the Joker for years after his "death," takes up the Joker mantle.
>>
>>67595624
>actually seems scary

you've seen fuck all to determine that ands Heaths was unnerving
>>
>>67598974
>le licks his lips man
>unnerving
You need a parent's permission to watch batman movies
>>
>>67598974

Remember this is /tv/, x was always bad, no one ever liked it
>>
>>67596190
I actually thought Ayer was fucking up the DCEU. Now that I've seen BvS I was so wrong and it's Synder whose done it.
>>
>>67599005
BvS won't even hit 1 billion cry more little bitch
>>
>>67599055
>loses the argument completely
>resorts to MUH INCONSEQUENTIAL NUMBERS in shame
Oh wow I've never played this game before
>>
File: image.png (255 KB, 770x711) Image search: [Google]
image.png
255 KB, 770x711
>>67599112
Damage
Control
Entertainment
Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.