[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Main problem with BvS for me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
One overlooked thing about the creation and execution of BvS for me was Superman and Batman fighting without becoming friends first, this was the only redeeming value of the comic they based it on, it was supposed to be long time friends, Bruce Wayne and Clark Kent fighting, it wasnt about Batman vs Superman, it was about Bruce Wayne being the only person to defeat Superman, but BvS based its whole premise in the pretense of people wanting to see Batman duke it out with Superman, yes everyone wants to see that, but not this soon, we have to care about who Superman and Clark Kent is, we have to know shit about Batman and Bruce Wayne first, we have to find chemistry there and see them working together first instead of having them duke it out with forced plot points only for you to end the fight with an asspull (YUR MUM'S NAME IS MARTHA TOO?)

This is why everytihng has to be set up first instead of jumping everything into one movie

This is also why I think that Civil War will be the better movie, I'm not saying its gonna be good as in transcendent capeshit, but its gonna be the better of the two similar premise.

>"But he's my friend"
>But so was I"
>>
I agree, although in their defense it could have worked on the other end.

It could have been a standalone film about Batman vs Superman without being a sequel to Man of Steel, and base their whole DCU world building around the standalone film instead of building it during it
>>
I agree, but remember that even if it's better than BvS, it will be still shit
>>
>>67589044
also fire gadot
>>
I kind of liked Batman's reason for hating Superman. Showed a good commentary of humanistic reaction to a God like figure in today's society.

If they were friends, the reaosn they were fighting would probably be flimsy. If really good friends are capable of fighting each other, it'd have to be for a reason otherwise they were never friends at all.

Like I mean when Stark says "but so was I", it he was truly a friend he would understand Cap and the type of person he is and always will be.

More pertitent would have been Cap saying something to Stark:

>I have to save him, he's my friend
>I thought you would be smarter than this, Cap
>If you thought I'd ever abandon a friend then you and I were never truly friends
>>
Anybody who goes into a fucking capeshit movie and tries to piece it together like it is 2001 is practicing futility.

This movie was okay because superman got the biggest ass-kicking of 2016 and it was fun to look at. It didn't need to explain anything because its a fucking movie about a millionaire obsessed with bats and vigilantism feuding with a human-like alien god man who is easily beaten by space rocks
>>
>>67589514
>but hes abandoning tony in the process
no, "so was i" is much better, and shows how their different ideals have driven them apart and they no longer stand as friends
>>
>>67588769
>This is also why I think that Civil War will be the better movie
Really? You think Captain America fighting the Tony because "Muh friend who killed loads of people is muh friend and can't be captured!!" is a good plot?
>>
>>67589691
>You think Captain America fighting the Tony because "Muh friend who killed loads of people is muh friend and can't be captured!!" is a good plot?

the fuck are you smoking?
>>
>>67588769

see

>>67589306
>>
>>67588769

The main problem with BvS for me was that it was fucking garbage. Other than that I have no issues with it.
>>
>>67588769
That would be a fair argument if Cap & Stark ever actually seemed like friends
>>
File: 1431662889587.jpg (37 KB, 600x580) Image search: [Google]
1431662889587.jpg
37 KB, 600x580
>>67588769
They don't have to be "friends", the problem with their fight is that is utterly pointless.

They aren't fighting because of their differing ideologies, they are fighting because they are dumb fucking jocks who can't take one fucking moment to talk to each other.

>>67589514
Except that really isn't true. Batman isn't fighting superman because he hates him. All of Batman's hate towards Supes is some dumb catfish shit manufactured by an even dumber Lex. It's dumb.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.